Why can't I just use my debit card?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rhistar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Ultimate Pay is a complete joke. I try to register for an account and they say my e-mail address is already registered. When I try to recover my pass word they say it isn't registered...

I can't use Paypal because i'm currently living and working in a different country from my billing address, and I do not have access you the proper account information to verify my account.
I'd love to give PGI my money, but it looks like there is not possible way for me to pay. What's the deal with using a middleman for payments anyway?

#2 Shadowfist

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

It typically has to do with negotiating the percentage that they steal for processing payments. This processing company was likely cheaper and made more business sense. Just a guess based on what I know working with transaction fees.

#3 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

View Postthontor, on 02 August 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

my debit card worked fine.. didn't have to register for anything either.. window popped up to put the info in, i put the info in, and the payment went through ... /shrug

^^ That... have always used my debit card for online transactions... funny, never had any problems...

#4 Maesaiyan

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, QLD. Aus

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

I do this.
http://www.westpac.c...rds/gift-cards/
No need for Paypal, only put on as much as I want to spend in the transaction, which makes it secure and double-payment proof.
(Purchasable at Woolworths in Australia)

#5 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

I used my debit card and had no problems either.

#6 Todd Lee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Take it as a sign to wait for the game to release before committing.

#7 JaySin

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

i know how you feel.. i bought the game 2 days ago... i got declined over and over again.. and they ended up taking my money, but i have no confirmation or game to play.. and i have not gotten a reply for mech or that the company that has my money

#8 Gail Piazzi

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

My visa debit card actually worked for once. I know Wacom's website won't let me use it there, and paypal won't let me register it as my card though.

#9 Sternus

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids Iowa

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostJaySin, on 02 August 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

i know how you feel.. i bought the game 2 days ago... i got declined over and over again.. and they ended up taking my money, but i have no confirmation or game to play.. and i have not gotten a reply for mech or that the company that has my money

Same here. ABSOLUTELY no help from customer "support" and it has been 24hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users