• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

What We Are:

In every age of human history, in every conflict, and in every way that those conflicts have been fought there is a type of warrior that is universally found. Some Men and Women fight for honor or country, some for their homes and their way of life, some even believe they can make their world or the universe a better place. Then there are those, whether they started their careers with one of those so called 'noble' ideals or not, that are just warriors and risk takers because it is all they were meant to do.

These individuals fight because they like to fight. Be they originally professional soldier or outlaw, regardless of personal belief, gender, or age they kill because they are good at it... they enjoy it and the risks they take in battle that surge of adrenaline in staring down the reaper is the only way to feel alive anymore. Eventually all the other reasons fall away for these warriors. In time their oaths of service constrict them to the battles others want them to fight and their causes tell them that when you win you lay down your arms, this is not enough. They find each other and they band together in mutual support outside of traditional military forces, or gangs or clans. So long as there is a war to fight they will seek it out, money is not the motivation only the means to celebrate and re-arm before the next battle.

The Dead Men are such pilots. To a Dead Man there is no sweeter sound than the roar of high caliber weapons, no more beautiful sight than a vaporized enemy, no more glorious sound than the shriek of an engine during a battle. They are called madmen and suicidal, but they are truly free knowing that they live on borrowed time and it is of their own choice.

The dead fear nothing because they risk nothing. If you live you can kill again and if you die it doesn't matter. So if war is nothing but a game to you should consider letting go of your fear and playing out the Dead Man's Hand.

------------------------------------------------------------

Who We are

The mercenary squadron calling themselves the Dead Man's Hand was not so much formally founded as it was loosely gathered and its surprising success led to a stream of recruits ensuring that the name and legacy has far outlived its original members. While the squadron is roughly arranged in the mirror of a traditional military unit, it is not a rigidly organized military force, though many of its pilots are former members of military and paramilitary outfits. The pilots, known amongst each other as Dead Men, hold no rank structure and no hierarchy outside of respect for skill largely determined by how long they've managed to live this life. Willing to accept recruits from any source they do not actively seek out new members simply accepting any applicants that can keep up for as long as they live or choose to stay. This and their only standing rule "Fight like you are already dead", has led to both a reputation as psychopaths and a tendency to be joined by a particular type of pilot. The men and women that fly under the Aces and Eights are killers, they live only to fight and rack up a body count until the reaper claims them as well. Often damaged, crazy, or just jaded they have found a home that will equip them and find them a fight to die in. Because of this The Dead Men are rarely not engaged in some campaign or another often switching sides if the money is better or because the side they are on simply has pilots they wish to test themselves against, it is said that the best way to keep the Dead Man's Hand on your side is to win quickly and hope someone else hires them for a fight far away from you.

An even share for every survivor, an endless series of wars to fight, and enough debauchery between them to engage the wildest soul. It's no wonder the squadron has no end of volunteers and clients.

"The greedy will fight for property, the noble will fight for honor. They willl pay us kill them all for as long as they fight. A fool fights for his life and a soldier hopes to survive, the best no longer care. Damn the Sphere, damn the Clans, and damn everyone else I'm already dead and the dead fear nothing!" -Traditional pre-battle toast of the Dead Men, attributed as the words that founded the squadron.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Real world Background

The Dead Man's Hand is a recently founded (this year) Clan/Squadron/lAssociation of sci-fi based MMO Players.

At current we are active in the MMO Space fighting game Moonbreakers and some of us are branching out to here as well. My vision is that I can create a large group of mature gamers that are fun to play with, enjoy tactical play and winning.

We run the organization largely as a democracy with no real rank structure, It's about fun and skill, with a little game specific flavor (Roleplaying) and arrogance (good natured).

Our role is to be as mercenary as any game system allows us to be and challenge ourselves by taking on the biggest and the baddest out there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead Man Code of Conduct

1. We strictly Follow Wheaton's Law (Don't be a ****)
2. Teamwork and communication are paramount
3. Play to win the mission whatever it may be
4. Fight Dirty (honor is not a consideration, however cheating and exploits are not tolerated)
5. Always work to improve your skills

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment standards and process

We will consider just about anyone but before you and all members are admitted by a vote of current members playing the game being applied for. What we look for:

1. Maturity (in that we are adults not in that we lack a sense of humor)
2. Fun to play with (trash talk and camaraderie encouraged, not being a **** to your teammates essential)
3. Skill (either established or proven potential)
4. Willingness to use Voice comms is essential (if you do not have a mic you must be willing to at least join the voice server and listen to the voice comms of the squad to facilitate coordination)

We do Currently have a central website so Go here to apply: http://dmh.enjin.com/recruitment

You can also visit http://moonbreakers.forumotion.com to approach us at the forum that was our original home..

Edited by Agent of Change, 03 September 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#2 El Queso

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hey Agent, this isnt gonna be a separate entity all together is it? If not/so I want in.

Cheese wants to kill things in big mechs!

#3 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostEl Queso, on 02 August 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hey Agent, this isnt gonna be a separate entity all together is it? If not/so I want in.

Cheese wants to kill things in big mechs!

No it's an extension, one big happy family. members are free to play as many or as few games as we are involved in.

#4 Nexx Valasek

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • Locationalberta, canada

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

sup Agent, Hello Queso
just figured id get a post in here since i'm the second to transition from a fighter to a mech ;) so yeah i look forward to blowing stuff up in this game along side you guys (once i get good enough lol)

#5 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Glad to have you Nexx We have also couple new recruits / potentials I've been talking to. (Who also have founder tags and the subsequent rights and responsibilities.)

#6 Scarz

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Sounds interesting... what would you view as prime active days/hours for the squad?

#7 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

In our original game we are active pretty much round the clock with members around the world.

right now I am the core of the MWO expansion and I'm active generally speaking 6pm -12pm EST

#8 Nexx Valasek

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • Locationalberta, canada

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

i tend to start playing around the time agent gets off, though sometimes i don't start for an hour or two later than that. also i don't play quite as often as agent nor am i as proficient of a player yet but i'm learning and having fun.

#9 RRRWAR

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

im down to kill along side ya'll!

#10 DireWolf1982

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCenter Valley, PA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'm up for joining the group. :P

#11 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Sounds interesting, kinda lookin for a group to hook up with. Is there ts or vent server? How many people you got in mwo so far?

#12 Qualtain

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

I'd be interested in joining, looking for a good group of mature people to team up with

Edited by Qualtain, 12 August 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#13 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostOnyx Rain, on 12 August 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Sounds interesting, kinda lookin for a group to hook up with. Is there ts or vent server? How many people you got in mwo so far?

Right now we are pretty loose, I have 4-5 people I see regularly but we are growing, Being that this is a public side of the forum I will pm you further info.

#14 ThunderHart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

What kind of communication software are you using? I have Ventrilo.

#15 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostThunderHart, on 14 August 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

What kind of communication software are you using? I have Ventrilo.

TS3 at this point

#16 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yo, I was playing with DMHS Nexx earlier today. I was the guy with the pulse lasers. Your members seem to have common sense and teamwork--something I am looking for in a clan/unit/team/etc....

I have played MW4 and MW4: Mercs and no some decent knowledge about Battletech history. I do not know tons about the BT universe, but I know enough that I can explain a few things.

Most importantly, I too, have common sense and prefer to have a team that works together. Looking forward to a possible chance to join you guys.

#17 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Glad to hear from you Dangerzone, we'll definitely see you out there.

Also work on our permanent website has begun I'm hoping to have it up within a week.

#18 DJ Jetblue

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

one of your memebers asked me to join * friends with him * can I get a link or tag or what ever o>o

#19 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Ok folks we have an official Website. Its still under construction at this point (working on it a little each day) but it will server to track applications and members.

So if expressed interest in joining us or are now interested go here: http://dmh.enjin.com/recruitment

look forward to playing with you folks.

#20 DesertHawk25

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL, United States

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Count me in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users