#41 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostMilkman Luke, on 04 August 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Somebody's gotta be the internet space robot bad guys. Besides, everyone loves an underdog! :P

Well spoken, citizen.

OOC, Thom is from Warlock in the St. Ives Compact, but since that's not an option at this time, I took the next best thing...

#42 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

***** and moan ***** and moan and for a house that has generals that buy their way to the top there doing pretty good for themselves

#43 AH Warhawk

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostAdridos, on 06 August 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Nah, they are just jealous.

Criminality is very low, litteracy absolute, we have the best mechs out there and our millitary is small, but kicks everyone's ... in a balanced fight. :P

Why would we be jealous? Its like saying the USA is jealous of the wealth in Mexico. Economics is the key to winning a long term war. Like WW2. As we all know Liao does not have a good economy. What has saved Liao in the past is the lack of resolve (by Davion) to destroy it in the first place. Command economies are weak when compared to the streangh of Capitolism. That is why I am a Lyran.

Also key word "fair." Since when was WAR fair? Last I heard Liao's definition of fair was a shot below the belt. Which is fine with me, becasue a groin shot from a much stronger apponent is far worse.

#44 Skuggi

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Why be in house Liao? This is an appropriate response here.

"Well I'm off to go slip some nerve agent into a Lyran orphanage after this post, I'll leave some davion uniform scraps behind." Two birds, one stone.

Liao insanity is a huge benefit!

#45 Vanhal

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostAndrew Start, on 11 August 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Economics is the key to winning a long term war. Like WW2.
Command economies are weak when compared to the streangh of Capitolism. That is why I am a Lyran.

1st line - tell that to Cortez, Genghis Khan, and so on. Even at WW2 it wasn't so obvious, as greater numbers and geography did as much, as economy.
2nd line - yeah, pure capitalism, especially with some feudal or outright dictatorship crap everywhere, not to mention lostech and telephone-cult. Oh, wait, that's perfect place and time for caps... But it's a little hard to fight a total industrial war in this times, remember 1st and 2nd Succesion Wars? Now THAT was triumph of economy over command, wasn't it? :P
And that is precisly why Capellans stick so close together, we have bushido, Feds suck Hanse butt, even FWL have their unsorted mess - you can't buy everything. Even Hanse didn't sell his famous butt to the Lyrans - instead he bought theirs. Ffs even clans abandoned this **** in favor of racist gene breeding ubermensh illusions. Wars runs on money - but Lyrans let the money to run their heads. That is a sure way to either lose or to make the struggle pointless.

#46 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostAndrew Start, on 11 August 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Also key word "fair." Since when was WAR fair? Last I heard Liao's definition of fair was a shot below the belt. Which is fine with me, becasue a groin shot from a much stronger apponent is far worse.

It was meant the way that if any unit engages a Capellan opne of the same size, they are already dead.

#47 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostThronde, on 11 August 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Well, that explains why you're terrible in choosing a faction who's motto is "The Biggest Mechs ALWAYS win... Right guys?"

Well then shouldn't you be joining us? Because according to you Goons the biggest blob always wins.

#48 Skuggi

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 11 August 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Well then shouldn't you be joining us? Because according to you Goons the biggest blob always wins.

Well the cappys are fond of throwing civies in the way of a "Strategic Withdrawal"

Also quit associating the whole house with being goons...

#49 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

Why fight for liao? So you can fight along side General Tso and enjoy his most excellent chicken

#50 Skuggi

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 12 August 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

Why fight for liao? So you can fight along side General Tso and enjoy his most excellent chicken

^THIS x Infinity

#51 Thronde

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

If a Tataetae partakes in the yumminess of General Tso's chicken, does that make him some form of cannibal?

#52 GoGo Yubari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 03 August 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Honestly, who likes being the genocidal, dirty, chemical weapon using scumbags of battle tech?

Hello Gattling, meet the Goons! :P

I'm not a huge Liao fan myself, but I do respect them as the usual villains of the story, the perpetual underdogs and well, Kali Liao is pretty much bawse along with her goo.. err, Thuggee Cult and her own Warrior House, so they will always have a piece of my heart. Anyone who opposes the goody two-shoes Davion and FedCom is also good in my books, really.

Posted Image

#53 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostGoGo Yubari, on 14 August 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hello Gattling, meet the Goons! :P

I'm not a huge Liao fan myself, but I do respect them as the usual villains of the story, the perpetual underdogs and well, Kali Liao is pretty much bawse along with her goo.. err, Thuggee Cult and her own Warrior House, so they will always have a piece of my heart. Anyone who opposes the goody two-shoes Davion and FedCom is also good in my books, really.

Posted Image

Make no mistake. I don't like the White Knighting Davion blow hards. But they're less evil then either Liao or Kurita. Actually as a Steiner I'm particularly inclined to hate you. Or is the memory of 50 million people murdered on one planet in the Lyran Commonwealth by Kuritan forces so easily forgotten? -.^

#54 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 14 August 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Actually as a Steiner I'm particularly inclined to hate you. Or is the memory of 50 million people murdered on one planet in the Lyran Commonwealth by Kuritan forces so easily forgotten? -.^

So why hate us? What responsibility do we hold over that incident?

#55 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Cappellans are okay, strong cultural identity, fights against the odds and often wins, prepared to make great sacrifices for victory. Seriously, if you're going for a Scots cultural background you have more in common with them than most of the Lyran Commonwealth.

And aye, we Scots, for the most part, do not appreciate being called 'British' because we're not. We're Scottish, they're English and we formed a Union, our two nations still exist.

#56 GoGo Yubari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 14 August 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Make no mistake. I don't like the White Knighting Davion blow hards. But they're less evil then either Liao or Kurita. Actually as a Steiner I'm particularly inclined to hate you. Or is the memory of 50 million people murdered on one planet in the Lyran Commonwealth by Kuritan forces so easily forgotten? -.^

Kentares IV is a Davion world actually and it was a good start. :)

#57 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostRhymenoserousRex, on 08 August 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

I like killing people while acting crazy.

Probably bad form to quote a post so late, but I'd just like to point out that there should be emphasis on the word 'acting'.

#58 Luso Clemens

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Why I chose Liao:
1. Davion is over-glorified and now over populated
2. Steiner is terrible, they have the money and the resources and they never get anything done because they are just that terrible.
3. Kurita is Japanese, and I got over my anime phase many years ago.
4. Marik.... does anyone even remember they exist? Because I forgot about them when I made my pick, also they have to much in-fighting.
5. FRR is for the people who think being stomped on by the Clans first means they will get to join the Clans sooner, in other words: fools.
6. Liao is small, they are always small and yet they always stick around even when fighting the super-giant Suns. Also I would prefer not to fight the goons this time around.

[edit]
7. The Clans are a bunch of fractured morons, they had the advantage of surprise and more advanced technology but couldn't seal the deal.

Edited by Luso Clemens, 14 August 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#59 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

We are Liao. We rock.

'nuff said.

>:{

#60 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostAdridos, on 14 August 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

So why hate us? What responsibility do we hold over that incident?

I was talking to the Kuritan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users