109 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hey guys, here we go again, again! Ask your questions about Mechwarrior Online, and we'll take the best question(s), and answer it. So please, ask away!

#2 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Targeting 101 Questions
Q. If a Mech appears in front of you, will your systems begin to automatically target it or will the pilot have to "acquire" the Mech in order to start the "target probing" process. (i.e. a "target under reticule" action to begin the probe)

Q. Does the speed at which a target is probed increase/decrease based on range to the target? (i.e. faster probe progress in closer ranges)

Q. How does the UI indicate to the player that they have a targeting-assisted lock? Will this indication occur if the Mech is not in weapons range?

Q. Is there a delay in the propagation of targeting data (to Mechs equipped with the needed module) or is it instant?

Q. How will ECM affect targeting abilities?

Q. What is the process to gain a target lock for tracking-capable missiles? Do you merely keep your reticule over the target visually

#3 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Wee, I'll just give it another shot with these:

---
Are the fights for a mercenary contracts scheduled for a set time? I.e. so that the defending corp can make sure they have members on line at that time to actually defend their planet? Can mercenaries fight non-contract fights?
---
1. How many different maps will be in the game at launch?
2. At what rate do you plan to release new maps post-launch?
3. Will there be more playable planets than maps?
4. If the answer to 3 is a negative, does that mean each map is tied to a specific location?
---
1) Is there an in-game interface for issuing commands to teammates? I'm assuming yes.
2) Can everyone use it who has the required modules installed or is it restricted to someone *designated* before the match starts?
---

#4 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Q1: Will there be a salvage system available for collecting damaged pieces of mechs after each map? How will it work?

Q2: How much will the prices for weapons and mechs vary? What will affect the prices?

Edited by BFett, 16 May 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#5 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Just been to the Fan Art section again. Great area. Will we be likely to see any of those fantastic works brought into the game ?

Edit: For instance, Shrekken's Auscam rendition of the Cicada has sold it for me, I WOULD buy that scheme.

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 14 May 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#6 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Couple of questions...

1.) If you are a Faction player and decide to queue up for a match, can you queue with a group and what would be the max size of this group? If it's 12v12 battles, can I queue with 11 of my friends and get into the same battle, or is there a limit imposed upon the number of people in a match queue that might be "grouped."

2.) What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?

*Bonus Question!*

3.) Is there any update on the situation with the Unseen/Reseen or if we'll ever be able to see those 'mechs in MW:O? And, are you open to community suggestion regarding them?

#7 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Still wondering if Merc Corps will have a stable of 'Mechs or if individual members bring their own 'Mechs to mercenary battles.

#8 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

How will legging work?
How will we pay for mech storage?

#9 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Nevermind it was already asked :D

Edited by Mason West, 14 May 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#10 Shiinore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 483 posts

Will I be getting my "freaking Mad Cat"?

#11 autogyro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Question:

Could the devs elaborate on how the meta game will work? Dev Blog 1 detailed some of the concepts of how the meta game will work, but could you shed some further light as to how exactly it will be handled in the game?

Here's the list of follow up questions related to the meta game.

It is stated that the map will change to reflect the current status of the IS:

feeds can be viewed through a dynamic universe map or RSS style feed, in game or online at the MechWarrior® Online™website (coming soon).

Are we planning an interactive map which we can use, for example, to attack or defend certain planets, or to determine the occupation and 'split' of a planet between Factions, or between Mercs. Will it be a static map which updates every x period, or will it constantly update to show the results of skirmishes that occur during the game? How will the browser based version compare?

The battle for control over faction planets is a simple war of attrition. The faction with the most influence over a particular planet occupies it. By virtue of simply competing in online matches, faction players contribute influence points to target planets... Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.

What sort of benefits are possible with holding additional planets? Will these be able to affect gameplay? For example, would you get bonuses in the time it takes for artillery strikes to occur, or reduce cooldown periods for commander airstrikes, or gain access to better equipment faster, or perhaps cheaper equipment and mechs?

Secondly, let's say a planet is being fought over by House Davion and House Liao. Supposing that the FedSuns have 60% control and the Capellans have 40%, does that mean the FedSuns will derive 100% of any supposed benefit in holding a planet, or will there be a proportional split in line with how much a planet is occupied?

What sort of reward is gained for Mercs holding Border Planets? The rewards are mentioned to be 'significant' - is this in the form of, for example, a Merc company income pool, or cheaper equipment or ?

Regarding Loyalty Points,

How quick is the decay in loyalty points for inactivity? With Mechwarrior Credits, are we able to speed up how quickly we gain LP?

The Merc Corp must have a minimum amount of loyalty points with a faction before they are able to engage in planetary combat on behalf of that faction.

What do Merc companies do prior to gaining the minimum amount of LP?

Ranks are created within a Merc Corp by the Merc Corp leader. The naming of the ranks is entirely up to the Merc Corp leader who can assign Merc Corp level permissions to each rank.

Are these arbitrary, in that the Merc Corp determines when a player has levelled up, or can the Merc Corp set certain minimum LP before promotion? Are there also bonuses granted to Mercs for ranking up, like Faction players get (
"including membership to special units, unit skins, and bonuses to C-Bills and XP.")

Do Merc and Faction players gain the same amount of LP, or will it be different? What process will someone undertake from playing a Merc to becoming a Faction player? Are we able to change if we wanted to try something new, would we have to start again or do we get our C-Bills/XP/LP at the same (or reduced) amount?

Edited by autogyro, 14 May 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#12 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostFresh_Meat, on 14 May 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

How will legging work?
How will we pay for mech storage?

Ok this has been asked already.

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Do my friends -and tertiary friends of those friends- all need to be in the same House or Merc company in order to play together? When you start getting into "this friend who wants to play with that friend who has friends in some other house" etc, will we be able to play together without a large amount of coordination to cement all my friends,- and everyone else those friends will want to game with- in the same House?

similarly, will I be able to create more than one pilot? If I wish to join a merc company with one character, may I have another character who is focused on progressing in a house?

B-b-b-bonus question: Why doesn't the Cicada have arms? Oversight, or a conscious decision to remove the arms from this chassis?

Edited by Redshift2k5, 15 May 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#14 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Can we get more information on preform groups for faction players?

Freebie Answer 1:
[DYMLOS2003]: My question is are we going to be able to create custom matches so that we organize clan matches, play against our friends, create machinima, ect. ect.

[BRYAN]: Not at launch. Post launch, maybe. This is not a traditional multiplayer game.

This could be read to mean that only merc units will be able to make preform groups. It also could be read to mean simply that we won't be able to make custom matches where we choose our opponent. The whole issue is a little vague and, although we've decided to stay a merc unit for now, I'm sure there are a load of players out there for whom this issue will determine whether or not they join a faction or a merc unit.

#15 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Will the Open Beta include testing features of the planetary-conquest Meta game, or will it be restricted to just matchmaking missions, mechlab, and stuff like that?

#16 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Q: Can we expect to see at least two distinct variants of each mech chassis at launch?

#17 renegade mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Can we at least see some Vet MW team in beta?

#18 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

This is my very first time doing this sort of thing, but here I go:

1: Can you get Jeehun Hwang to do the music for MWO? I loved his work with MechWarrior 2.

2: Will you include the Wolfhound?

#19 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Here is another question:

Is the heat system you have now the final version? From what I can see is that when you get to 100% you shut down immediately and after a couple of seconds you start up immediately. If this is how heat will be handle will you change the percents to a temperature gauge?

Old mechwarriors have it so once you reach a critical level, it warns you and you have a couple of seconds to override. Will this also be in MWO?

#20 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Enough silly questions about Mech Combat.

How will we determine matches? Who are the people next to me in this company? Can I shove my buddies all into one lance? And what are we going to fighting for?

Indeed, beyond the Battlefield and the Mech Lab how is the rest of the game going to play?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users