Jump to content

Greetings Friends and Allies


37 replies to this topic

#1 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Fellow Citizens of the Inner Sphere,

Thank you for hosting me in this great Republic, and for listening to me now. It is true that your nation is small, and it is not counted among the five great houses of the Inner Sphere. This does not mean that this can never change, nor that it shall always be thus!

I implore you to join your FedCom brothers in taking back those worlds robbed of you by the oppressive Draconis Combine. Support us in our war and will we grant you men and materiel to prosecute your revenge. Expand your nation and take back what was once yours and elevate your proud nation to that of a true power in the Inner Sphere!

Take the fight to the enemy and spare your people the hardship of war!

Thank you for listening

Humbly,

Nomad

#2 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Don't worry, we know which direction to push. ;)

Just make sure your Steiner buddies don't start gettin' all friendly with our border worlds and we'll be fine.

Edited by Skwisgaar Skwigelf, 19 January 2012 - 01:43 PM.


#3 Alaskan Viking

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Tripple teaming the Draconis Combine withe the Fedsuns and Lyrans sounds great, but so do mercenary raids to take the arrogant Davions down a peg or two.... ;)

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 19 January 2012 - 02:05 PM.


#4 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 19 January 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

Tripple teaming the Draconis Combine withe the Fedsuns and Lyrans sounds great, but so do mercenary raids to take the arrogant Davions down a peg or two.... ;)


I advise you think well on my offer of partnership Republican, for it is not the House of Davion, but the might of the Lyran Commonwealth that need concern you. I have much respect for the prowess and bravery of the Free Rasalhague Republic, but offensive actions undertaken by house units against worlds of either the former Federated Suns, or the former Lyran Commonwealth will not be looked kindly upon. Remember the FedCom is your friend and ally, and we shall remain so until such time as you make it unwise.

#5 Alaskan Viking

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 19 January 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:


I advise you think well on my offer of partnership Republican, for it is not the House of Davion, but the might of the Lyran Commonwealth that need concern you. I have much respect for the prowess and bravery of the Free Rasalhague Republic, but offensive actions undertaken by house units against worlds of either the former Federated Suns, or the former Lyran Commonwealth will not be looked kindly upon. Remember the FedCom is your friend and ally, and we shall remain so until such time as you make it unwise.


Notice my use the of the word "mercenary".

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 19 January 2012 - 08:48 PM.


#6 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 19 January 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:


Notice my use the of the word "mercenary".


No I did note your use of the word mercenary, which is why in my state I used the word House units. I cannot control the actions of individual Republicans, nor their unfortunate desires to attack Davion units. It is a slippery slope once an aggressive mindset is formed between two states. I trust that few of your citizens will make such unfortunate choices.

I merely meant to remind and reinforce that FedCom units will protect and support the Republic until such time as the Republic decides otherwise.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 19 January 2012 - 08:54 PM.


#7 Damon Howe

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

A respectable position and offer indeed.

However, Nomad, I must ask if this is an "official" envoy. If that is the case, then you should probably get in touch with our "official" envoy for diplomatic procedures. After all, not all of us (myself included) have the...authority...to speak on behalf of the Republic or her defense forces.

Though I assure you, I could pass the message on to the proper channels (if they haven't seen it already).

Respectfully,

-Damon Howe
--2nd Skjaldborg - Drakjagare

Edited by Damon Howe, 19 January 2012 - 08:56 PM.


#8 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Warm Greetings to you Damon Howe,

I cannot say that my offer has been what you would call official. I cannot say for whom I work for, but that the message I bring is that of the peoples of the Federated Commonwealth. We stand behind you as your brothers and sisters. I would very much like an introduction to the official envoy, so that I might bring my message to him or her personally.

I look forward to future interactions with you Damon Howe, and between our two peoples.

Humbly,

Nomad

Edited by Listless Nomad, 19 January 2012 - 09:14 PM.


#9 Damon Howe

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

Consider your message forwarded to the proper recipients.

We look forward to contacting you and your fellow people of the Commonwealth soon, in what we hope to be an understanding of mutual agreement and respect. Until then,

Sincerely,

-Damon Howe

#10 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Many thanks Damon Howe, I look forward to sharing the field of battle with you.

Humbly,

Nomad

#11 Alaskan Viking

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Nomad, what kind of mech is that in your sig, it looks awesome but it does not look familar too me.

#12 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Thats an Argus and unfortunately it was rolled out in 3067 so there is very little likelihood that we'll see it in this game if they stick to the 1:1 timeline. ;)

#13 Dihm

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,311 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

Well, all I can do is offer our position as a merc unit under contract to defend against Draconis incursions on the border and raid into their territory. We have every intention of liberating the 20 worlds from the old Rasalhague Military District that the vile Kuritans failed to turn over in 3034. We still have brothers under the oppression of the Snake, and they WILL be freed.

As far as alliances, I, as a MWO player, have no say in the either the civil affairs of Rasalhague or the KungsArmen. The nature of the gameplay prohibits a person from assuming that mantle, since the "Faction Leader" would have no actual power over anyone from said Faction. They would merely be a figurehead, and only those faction players who WANT to give them authority will follow their "rule". There is no player-based acceptance process within the Factions, as far as we know at the moment, or way to remove someone from the faction as well for that matter.

The best we can do is form alliances with other mercenary units who would be representing Davion interests. That isn't to say we can't form good relations with Davion house pilots, but those pilots will not have much, if any, say over what their Prince does strategically, from the information before us today. Heck, we aren't even sure how, or if, Faction and Merc players will interact in during planetary conquest since one group will be on faction worlds, and another on border worlds.

Edited by Dihm, 20 January 2012 - 09:36 AM.


#14 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostDihm, on 20 January 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

Well, all I can do is offer our position as a merc unit under contract to defend against Draconis incursions on the border and raid into their territory. We have every intention of liberating the 20 worlds from the old Rasalhague Military District that the vile Kuritans failed to turn over in 3034. We still have brothers under the oppression on the Snake, and they WILL be freed.

As far as alliances, I, as a MWO player, have no say in the either the civil affairs of Rasalhague or the KungsArmen. The nature of the gameplay prohibits a person from assuming that mantle, since the "Faction Leader" would have no actual power over anyone from said Faction. They would merely be a figurehead, and only those faction players who WANT to give them authority will follow their "rule". There is no player-based acceptance process within the Factions, as far as we know at the moment, or way to remove someone from the faction as well for that matter.

The best we can do is form alliances with other mercenary units who would be representing Davion interests. That isn't to say we can't form good relations with Davion house pilots, but those pilots will not have much, if any, say over what their Prince does strategically, from the information before us today. Heck, we aren't even sure how, or if, Faction and Merc players will interact in during planetary conquest since one group will be on faction worlds, and another on border worlds.


You bring up excellent points Dihm. And it is true that I do not speak in an official capacity. In truth I work through more unofficial channels to present to you the will of the FedCom people themselves, so that you may know our true feelings - not just those of our leadership. It saddens me to hear of the pain you still feel for your oppressed brothers, but hardens my resolve to win this war. Your contributions, in whatever form they come will not be forgotten. May this spirit of brotherhood and solidarity continue in the coming prelude to war.

#15 Dragon Lady

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Greetings, Sir Nomad.

Rest assured that in the eyes of this daughter of Rasalhague, there is danger enough from the Snakes on our borders to ever seek more in the Federated Commonwealth. In fact, the generosity shown by the FC in returning our worlds which you had liberated from the Draconis Combine will long be remembered.

Know, however, that we are well aware that there are certain elements within your borders that object to the generosity shown by the Steiner-Davions. Should those elements seek to seize what is rightfully ours, we will chastise them severely for their presumption.

#16 Alaskan Viking

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostDragon Lady, on 22 January 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:


...Should those elements seek to seize what is rightfully ours, we will chastise them severely for their presumption.


I'll do more than chastise them, unless your definition of "chastise" is to sling tons of hot ionized steel at them with Gauss rifles...

#17 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

I assure you that if rogue elements within the Steiner faction decide to disgrace their honor and attack the republic. The House of Davion will not stand in the way of your retribution. I cannot say for sure what the position of the FedCom as a whole will be - but I pledge that if the FedCom does not rise up and strike down the seditious elements, I myself will join a merc faction or the republic itself until the injustice is avenged. From what I have seen in the Steiner worlds however, our Lyran comrades look forward to riding into battle with you against the Combine and you have little to fear from them. Listen not to Capellan lies. Further I appreciate the kind words Dragon Lady and must say that I have thus far found the citizens of Rasalhague to be honorable, generous and welcoming. I wish for you nothing but the best!

#18 guardian wolf

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Nomad, this Guardian Wolf.
You request assistance with dealing with the Draconis Combine? If so, I shall only deal with your Federated Suns brethren, I do not, nor will not trust the Lyrans, due to past... offenses.... against me and my unit. I Guardian Wolf, of the Wolfs Dragoons, do accept this contract, when may we begin to discuss payment, and more importantly, salvage rights?

#19 VEDRFOLNIR

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hallå Listless Nomad!

Thank you for your voice of support for the Republic. For nearly 700 years we have struggled against the chains lain upon us by the Kuritan snakes, and now that we have that freedom, we will never give it up.

My father fought in the 4th War as part of the Tyr Regiment. I remember well the tales of how Katrina Steiner (honor to her) outfitted the Resistance and the Tyr Regiment. I also remember how Lyran units fought alongside the newly-forged KungsArmén against the ronin of the DCMS. Would the Lyrans have done any of this without the support of the Federated Suns? To this day he remains active in political circles, encouraging the Republic to foster closer ties with the Federated Commonwealth, for we have much in common.

In my service to the Republic I have seen deplorible conditions when governments and leaders crush the spirit of their people instead of allowing them to flourish. The Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns are two governments that I would be pleased to call allies, and I am happy knowing that you personally would stand by us, should we have need.

Reynkiin "Veðrfölnir" Daalmarch

/rp ;)

#20 Listless Nomad

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationIn a crisis support group

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 23 January 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Nomad, this Guardian Wolf.
You request assistance with dealing with the Draconis Combine? If so, I shall only deal with your Federated Suns brethren, I do not, nor will not trust the Lyrans, due to past... offenses.... against me and my unit. I Guardian Wolf, of the Wolfs Dragoons, do accept this contract, when may we begin to discuss payment, and more importantly, salvage rights?


Greetings Guardian Wolf. I am honored that you would offer the assistance of yourself and your brothers against the hated Draconis Combine. Alas, I speak only for the people of the Federated Commonwealth - and not for the leadership with whom you must deal. Know that as a member of the House of Davion - I will look for you on the field of battle and apologize for the transgressions my Lyran comrades perpetrated against you. I shall be in contact with you again in the future to discuss contracts against the combine. Elite units such as yourselves play an important part in the plan I have proposed (look for it in the Davion section) and as such - you shall be richly rewarded. Until that time - happy hunting merc!

View PostVEDRFOLNIR, on 23 January 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Hallå Listless Nomad!

Thank you for your voice of support for the Republic. For nearly 700 years we have struggled against the chains lain upon us by the Kuritan snakes, and now that we have that freedom, we will never give it up.

My father fought in the 4th War as part of the Tyr Regiment. I remember well the tales of how Katrina Steiner (honor to her) outfitted the Resistance and the Tyr Regiment. I also remember how Lyran units fought alongside the newly-forged KungsArmén against the ronin of the DCMS. Would the Lyrans have done any of this without the support of the Federated Suns? To this day he remains active in political circles, encouraging the Republic to foster closer ties with the Federated Commonwealth, for we have much in common.

In my service to the Republic I have seen deplorible conditions when governments and leaders crush the spirit of their people instead of allowing them to flourish. The Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns are two governments that I would be pleased to call allies, and I am happy knowing that you personally would stand by us, should we have need.

Reynkiin "Veðrfölnir" Daalmarch

/rp ;)


Warm Greetings to you as well Veðrfölnir!

It is a wonderful experience to meet so many friendly and welcoming peoples during my travels in this republic. Planning continues with my Steiner brothers - and as the time of the great war grows near, I will look to you all for planning as well. Injustices have been levied upon you for far too long - soon it will be your time to reap vengeance. at the expense of those who have wronged you! Together the forces of the FRR and the FedCom will make the Kuritans pay for their insolence!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users