703 replies to this topic

#681 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostDeath Storm, on 18 March 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

There you go again trying to put words in my mouth, if your not doing that you target spelling. Again I never said any of that " lighter mech is smart and the assault pilot is stupid and it relies entirely on the environment being a PUG where no teamwork is evident" THATS YOUR WORD ALONE!!!, (STOP TRYING TO TWIST MY WORD) correction your position is false.

Then I'm rather confused. Maybe you should reiterate your point using correct grammar and complete sentences. It helps to make your point clear.

You seem to be contradicting yourself I would agree some of what you are saying regarding BT and as you already just stated "The real problem is that Clan weapons have been nerfed, so there is nothing to offset the disadvantage of fixed engine, chassis, and armor." see hears the problem you have nerfed weapons at same time your customization is nerfed cant upgrade the engine. People are spending a lot of money on these mech and are probaly asking what am i getting for my money

One of those people being me. I bought the Masakari package. I take umbrage to the nerfing of the weapons, but I think that the people who spent money are going to ***** enough that it will be corrected. Engines are essentially nerfed for every mech anyway (an Atlas should do 54 km/h on a stock 300 STD). That you have to upgrade a mech to make it go BT canon speeds is ********.

See there you go again with that attitude again i keep reminding you, You don't know me and this will be you biggest down fall, specially when you state text book ambush give expert advice on how fight in a battle, No text book will ever prepare a solder than personal Experience in the battle field you of all people should know that unexpected events occur all the time.

Yeah, I do. Shit happens, the other side wants to win, etc. Doesn't change the fact that a three man drop of Daishi piloted by people working together is going to murder any similar 3 man drop of lights or mediums. A three man drop of Atlases or any similar mech would do the same.

Again a Mech is a huge target not a TANK !!.

A mech can only take some pretty devastating punishment, whereas a tank (IRL or BT) will only withstand one effective hit. Offsetting advantage.

Yes i know you were being sarcastic because you could not counter my last thread argument.

No, I was being sarcastic because you annoyed me.

Just so everyone know this guy was calling me Buddy and Dude I told him stop calling me this as i was neither, so his response was "Your sarcasm meter appears to be broken."

You appear to be getting rather worked up. Why? This is a forum. FYI, bro and buddy are often sarcastic terms on forums. I don't use them in real conversations. Also, if anybody is curious, I'm sure they're perfectly capable of going back and reading.

Personally that's your opinion about my threads again and you have been wrong on most them I find it funny that you refuse to challenge me further on some the aspects of my previous threads.

Which would those be? I'm curious. There's only so much bad grammar and spelling I can take, so it's perfectly possible I missed them.

"I have humored you by pointing out the flaws in your thinking" you seem to think you are peg better than other people but in short you have never been so wrong you came into this thread with an intellectual attitude with the opinion you are right and everyone else is wrong. and you have just proved to be wrong.

Again, you seem to be taking this all rather personally. If you can't conduct a debate without emotion, why did you not just take the grammatical correction with good grace? Actually, I don't think I'm better than everyone. I don't even think I'm better than you. On the other hand, I had some excellent English teachers in school and with that came an aversion to bad spelling and grammar. Sorry if that offends you or something, but that's your cross to bear.

Now, as for being wrong, where exactly was that? Try for a rational and reasoned response with decent grammar and spelling this time.

#682 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

Okay Fyrwulf

I can do that here is my Argument:

Clan Mechs has one of major disadvantages you have fixed engines. The Daishi is 48.6 kph the atlas also runs at 48.8 kph however in the end day the Atlas offers better customization option than the Daishi and you can upgrade your engine in an atlas .This make the atlas a better option than Clan Daishi.

Now lets talk about light Clan Mechs compared to Inner Sphere Light Mechs. In Packages Lights Clan Mechs have fixed engine of around 98.5KPH compared to most light mechs running at 135KPH. This is a major problem because Light clan are now inferior to Inner Sphere Lights Mechs . Light mechs speed is its advantage in battle without it a Lights mech will not last long in battle.

Lastly it is great having all that firepower from Clan Daishi at 48.6kph but how good is firepower when the enemy can outrun or outmaneuver you, go for blind spot where you cannot fire and attack any skilled pilot can do that. And I am referring to situations when you are on your own before you bring idea with your buddies being there back you up. Plus as discussed above the Atlas offers better customization options and it allows you opportunity upgrade your engine.

Inner sphere offers better customization options, you can swap in a better engine which pretty much gives Atlas Boars head Upper hand in battle. My main argument is why buy Clan mech when inner sphere can show disadvantage’s I have mentioned

Regarding battletech rule the Devs bent them in favour of balance by weapon Nerfs so why not allow engine upgrades, Note we already discussed this.

Now you are correct if you have teammates to back you up, but if you are in a PUG queue on your own what then i'm talking about 1 vs 1 Assault Dashi vs 1 Light Mech or medium. remember is easier for skilled pilot to get in blind spot and stay there and a Daishi is a very slow mech, Now atlas with better engine say 62.8kph can defend itself against lights and mediums know because I have done this in past.

There is a fine line in the balance triangle when comes down to Great fire Power, Speed, and customization options, having great fire power is not always key to building a good assault mech you need think about speed and customization as well.

#683 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostFyrwulf, on 18 March 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

I don't understand what's funny. The best way to learn a language is immersion.

What's funny is that you're being a language nitpick about a language you have no formal training in and whose only familiarity and immersion is cartoons.

It's funnier that you didn't understand my reaction.

#684 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

The Dire wolf is the most effective mech ever produced. If it sees you you, and it wants you it will crush the whole map to get to you. It is a god of war.

Ton for Ton it carries more firepower than the Atlas, and is more modular.

#685 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

Daishi, but my favorite mech is the Stone Rhino. I hope we'll see it in game some day.

#686 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

I like both. I will love the Dire Wolf, but I m used to Play a DDC now. My favourite will bee the Behemoth.

#687 daehawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationKentares IV

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

Daishi

#688 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Depends on the build and who im with or the roll i want to fit in. Daishi fills in alot of spots and you can work with builds alot easyer then a Atlas.

#689 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostTHE 4thbreed, on 24 January 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Witch mech would you like? A Atlas or a Daishi?

It is a Dire Wolf Inner-Sphere surat!

#690 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

4xlbx10 2 medl Daishi and just own.
Any Atlas v this mech and the Daishi wins.

#691 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

4x lbx10 & 6x sl are nice too, more damage and stay cooler.

#692 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Must build it :D

#693 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I dont drive Atlas, DAISHI is my first 100 tonner and I like it, very decent mech :D
Anyway I love Atlases like my enemies, respetfully and deadly opponent.

#694 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Atlas, because by the time the Dire Wolf got there, the fight would already be over.

#695 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Atlas, AS7-D to be specific; it's actually the only IS mech I like. If we ever get to fit clan tech (C-UAC 20 is all I really want) into IS mechs, then I will never pilot anything else. Dire wolf is nice, but hit boxes are massive, and twisting and turning does nothing to spread incoming damage. Plus the atlas character, which is something the dire wolf is lacking.

#696 AH Tengu

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

The Atlas is centuries older than the Direwolf, and still in production, it is also scarier than a Direwolf in 3132. Guess Kerensky knew what he was doing.

#697 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostGyrok, on 16 March 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

You cannot outrun the Autocannons and ERLL... :D You can run, but you will only die tired...

Protip: Dont try outrunning bullets, never works. (However, I don't suggest running at all when dealing with a dire whale, rather walk around them; if you run you'll just swing back around into their line of sight eventually :D)

#698 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,574 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostFACEman Peck, on 25 January 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

That beginning part intrigues me. Good luck aiming for that PERFECT spot while you're getting knocked around my enemy fire, watching your radar, trying to not take friendly fire, watching enemies right in your face, I could go on but what's the point?

Atlas pilots call that "Brawling." Also "Tuesday."

#699 Kazuki Otori

• Pip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Dire whale indeed. I can go out and stomp in style in any of the 4 Atlas battlemechs I own. The Daishi makes the Atlas look downright agile. It has way more guns but it takes a lot longer to get them to the fight. The lack of lower arm actuators is pretty terrible too. Atlas is my top pick every time.

#700 trajan331

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

Devestator

Funny thing is that the DVS-2 became available right around this time. The DVS-1 had been built for years prior to the invasion. Would love to seethe conceptual art for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users