Single Player Campaign?

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Single Player Campaign (484 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a Single Player Campaign?

1. Voted Yes, I would pay for an expansion. (337 votes [61.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.38%

2. Yes, but I expect the story to be built into the F2P game itself. (126 votes [22.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.95%

3. No, I am uninterested in single player. (58 votes [10.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.56%

4. Voted Other, specify in post. (28 votes [5.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostDragonlord, on 26 August 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

Is it really that hard to read and understand the information that has already been posted on this?
There are no plans for this now, nor is there currently any plans to add it anytime in the future.

Maybe in the distant future, but for now its multiplayer PVP only and continuing to ask for it will not change anything.

if they are true to their word and listen to the player base asking never hurts, all the negative attitude tword those who ask also dosnt help the community need to relax let them talk and ask away until there is an officail staff member to actually jump in the thread and say no not ever will we do this then the players have hope that they get what they want

#22 Tardstrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

To start I know that single player is not in the works, and I strongly favor online being updated over a single player game. Online PvP with updates before thinking of an offline mode.
But I would probably buy a singleplayer game as well if it were offered. It would not be as dynamic as pvp since it would probably end up being an arms race to get the biggest baddest stuff and I like faster mechs.
It would be fun when traveling to load up a single player campaign. Or get a LAN party going in a co-op mode.

#23 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

well to keep with the multiplayer mode but give the players a story i think a coop campaign mode where the players can get together and challenge the story as a lance either with your merc corps, house and if lone wolf a group on the same campaign story as you can met the challenge in a PvE battle for to achieve certain goals for C-Bills and some small amount of exp maybe even throw in rewards like a crate of ammo or special campaign award acheivments like what is done in STO(Startrek online) where there is Achievment medals and ribbons for compleating goals and for the sake of the lone wolf that wants to be solo they can do it solo with a NPC controlled lance if they have the command modual on their mech but it would be better to work with the community rather than alone

#24 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

bunch of ignorant sods... mods have jumped into every one of these topics saying no there will not quit bringing this -hit up

#25 AizenSousuke

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

A single player campaign kinda kills the whole "Mechwarrior Online" thing. This game is an online one, therefore a multiplayer one. The closest thing you're going to get is missions in community warfare - which I'm looking forward to. Let the devs focus more on a persistent world and huge maps with huge battles. I can't wait to see where this goes.

#26 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Vote yes because NPC's are easier to kill than real players LOL. :P

No single player here.

#27 Khanublikhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Sadly, I don't think we will see a single player campaign as per the earlier versions of mechwarrior.

That said, the developers could design Community Warfare in such a way that it incorporates a battle setting on a particular planet on certain battlefields that scratches a similar (if not quite identical) itch as a single player campaign. Obviously, that will require a bigger budget per map and perhaps a willingness to include scripted objectives and NPC opponents / allies.

If Community Warfare is simply - a map - then it will be selling the lore, and this game, short.

We may not get a single player campaign but we should be voicing our desire for a bold and rich a design as possible for community warfare as the budget will allow.

Personally speaking, I would certainly be willing to pay cash / MC for access to *extra* Community Warfare objectives with NPC's, scripting and lore-rich objectives.

#28 Ensign Noob

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

I would like a mechwarrior single player campaign but not in this game. Think about it the devs would have to put time into the single player mode, fix bugs and add more contents. That will hurt the online mode. Stick to one thing and make it great.

#29 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Zombie Thread.

#30 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 24 March 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Vote yes because NPC's are easier to kill than real players LOL. :)

No single player here.

Super awesome job bringing this useless thread out of well-deserved retirement...

View PostKhanublikhan, on 25 March 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

If Community Warfare is simply - a map - then it will be selling the lore, and this game, short.

It is a map ... for us to fight over and write our own stories on. Important stuff in canon will still happen, but the everyday stuff will be determined by us. There won't be any "selling the lore, and this game, short" happening. It's going to be big.

#31 Alois Hammer

• 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostKaz, on 09 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Just my short blurb. What do you guys think about a Campaign expansion?

It's a nice pipedream that, if it ever happens, will be waaaaaaay down the road. Think "A desperate last-gasp attempt to stay afloat once the devs realize they've well and truly Jumped the Shark" a few years down the road.

#32 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

You mean PC multiplayer games have single-player? Seriously, I haven't played single-player of a PC multi-player game since.... the genre was invented. Seriously.

If you want to make a single player game, go for it. But don't waste dev time in a multiplayer game on single player.

#33 MasterErrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'd love it but don't hold your breath.

#34 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostKhanublikhan, on 25 March 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

Sadly, I don't think we will see a single player campaign as per the earlier versions of mechwarrior.

That said, the developers could design Community Warfare in such a way that it incorporates a battle setting on a particular planet on certain battlefields that scratches a similar (if not quite identical) itch as a single player campaign. Obviously, that will require a bigger budget per map and perhaps a willingness to include scripted objectives and NPC opponents / allies.

We may not get a single player campaign but we should be voicing our desire for a bold and rich a design as possible for community warfare as the budget will allow.

Personally speaking, I would certainly be willing to pay cash / MC for access to *extra* Community Warfare objectives with NPC's, scripting and lore-rich objectives.

If there is to be no single player mode ever, then what you describe sounds very good indeed. Paying a reasonable fee for it would be OK as well, but there is no reason they couldn't or shouldn't build it into the current game. I'll say it again...This game lacks immersion and story. PVP only gets pretty stale.

#35 Lars Widstrom

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'll be the first to say that the current version of the game is great (of course keep new content on the way and bug fixes, etc), but as a fan of the prior series I think coop or a full campaign would be pretty awesome. I would also expect to pay cash or MC for this content, as it would be a significant addition to the game. The idea of coop is especially nice since it could be continually updated by devs or even community. Coop maps could also be used as a "challenge mode" where a Lance is faced with near impossible odds. Taking on maps like this could be a great tool for a corps to train new recruits and develop team spirit. It would also be a chance for unique mech builds that focus on fighting conventional forces (tanks, VTOLs, elementals, etc). I'm sure there's still plenty of work to be done on MWO, but it's nice to think about ways for the community to expand in the future.

#36 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

I vote no
A single player campaign would be nice, but lets save that for Mechwarrior 5
Let the devs focus on MWO, really polish the multiplayer aspect, build a better game, build brand awareness.
If the devs started working on a single player campaign it would only take that much longer for new content and strain resources.
Again
It's called Mechwarrior Online, not Mechwarrior 5, if the pull this off it will revive the battletech franchise and wwe'll see Mechwarrior 5 in a few years.
Lifelong BT fans like me have been waiting 12-13 years for a new licensed Mechwarrior game, we can wait a little longer for a single player campaign.

#37 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes i want SP play because I don't think this game is going to make it as a MMO because PGI so fare has shown it cant do it and is Blowing it.
So yes I want a SP MW5 game

View PostDestructicus, on 17 April 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

I vote no
A single player campaign would be nice, but lets save that for Mechwarrior 5
Let the devs focus on MWO, really polish the multiplayer aspect, build a better game, build brand awareness.
If the devs started working on a single player campaign it would only take that much longer for new content and strain resources.
Again
It's called Mechwarrior Online, not Mechwarrior 5, if the pull this off it will revive the battletech franchise and wwe'll see Mechwarrior 5 in a few years.
Lifelong BT fans like me have been waiting 12-13 years for a new licensed Mechwarrior game, we can wait a little longer for a single player campaign.

Its not going to happen thy all ready proved that thy cant handle it and PGI has blow it

#38 Macheiron

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 86 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

The only "single player" I'm interested in for MWO would be an exclusively co-op version of MW2Mercs.

#39 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Would be great, they can't handle it. Lets focus on what can happen.

#40 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

they should sell serialized missions like Halo 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users