So Sweet to see that redesign and its a [color=#000000]

39th Avalon Hussars BattleMech !!

[/color]

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

Or is it a ComGuard mech posing as a 39th Hussar? ;)

#3 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 January 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Or is it a ComGuard mech posing as a 39th Hussar? ;)

GASP!!

I really like the new Centurion designe, the old TRO one looked meh and not that threataning, but now, oh boy, now it looks like a monster.

#4 Naughtyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

sure does.. wonder if there is a 1/1 for sale somewhere? would be awesome to cruise down main street stompin and kickin cars around

#5 Minatorc

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Now this looks much more like a war machine than the picture in my old Technical Readout 3025, this will be my medium mech no doubt. That the arm looks more like a beam weapon than an AC/10 is also a bomus for me as I'll be swapping weapons first chance I get! (I'm a lousy shot with an autocannon ;) )

#6 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

The new Centurion does look pretty cool, but it's design is by far the most deviant of any of the new mechs. It strikes me as a little...mecha...and by that I mean anime. It's not bad by any strech of the imagination, but the other mechs so far have managed to maintain close resemblances to their original BT designs. I just wish that the same principle could have held true for the Centurion.

#7 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostJack Gammel, on 26 January 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

The new Centurion does look pretty cool, but it's design is by far the most deviant of any of the new mechs. It strikes me as a little...mecha...and by that I mean anime. It's not bad by any strech of the imagination, but the other mechs so far have managed to maintain close resemblances to their original BT designs. I just wish that the same principle could have held true for the Centurion.

It's just Battletech's art returning to its roots. The anime influence, that is.

#8 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

I honestly don't see to much of the anime influence and I watch a lot of anime mechas. The new Centurion finely looks like a walking tank.

#9 Jeager51

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

I do like the new look of the Centurion, looks menacing and like a war machine. The updates have so far been very good, made all the mechs look sleek and effective. Can we finaly get past the old clunky toy robot look that the art guys in the 1980's stuck us with?

#10 David Zibler

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

I would have prefered a look closer to the older version like how they did with the Dragon, Atlas, Hunchback etc but I really like the new look as well. I'm cool with the new Centurion.

#11 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

ditto that...my fav mech from MW3:PM (til i got something bigger)

#12 DarkReaver

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationJihad Day,Hellgate

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

Centurion look more like a Com Guard with poke-out flamer going for a smoke. Cool Gray Design Although.

#13 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

I like the new Centurion. As a medium/heavy guy, this will be a definite staple for me.

#14 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostJack Gammel, on 26 January 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

I feel inclined to agree with you on this point. It looks great, but for me the Centurion I always pictured in my mind looked more like the one out of the Mechcommander Manual. Or the one in the Intro movie for the game. Same goes with every single Raven mech I've seen. Mechcommander was the pinnacle for mech concepts.

It's a concept however, so how it translates into the game still has my hopes that it'll be less anime-ish.

Edited by alan grant, 12 February 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#15 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

I just wanna know- do we get to use the awesome arm shield?

#16 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

The Centurion will certainly be a mainstay for me. I like a well-rounded mech.

Right after the Urbie of course :)

#17 Firestorm43

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Can't wait to pilot dat Centurion. Just a solid Medium chassis. Also a fan of the Bushwhacker, but that's a different story.

Also, did anyone else actually like the Dark Age design for the Centurion? Was one of the few remodels I really liked. MWO's and this one kinda look a little alike, too. So I'm perfectly fine with that. :P

#18 NightFallsOnU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I love the new Centurion art they posted!!! (its now my desktop background) :) I can't wait to paint it black (and then red with Liao blood)

#19 Tadakuma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

This is the one design I can't make up my mind on, I can see what the intention was but it looks a little too like a transformer instead of a battle mech.

I love the dragon, commando, catapult and atlas... but the centurion is still a bit meh.

#20 Arthurial

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I love the new look of the Centurion and it will be my main mech I think for the time being. Plus the aesthetics of the design, the crest on the cockpit and the shield on the arm, really try to give it a certain flair that makes you think of the Roman Centurion wading onto the battlefield. That is my thought anyways. I always preferred mediums and heavies and this was always one of my favorites from when I first got into the Mechwarrior universe. Expect to see me on the front in one :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users