#21 Soku Yamashita

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 09 September 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

Nice pictures folks!

Though, I got a question........ artistic freedom in all honor, but why do female (animelike) characters always have to have boobs of a tide-affecting size? For me, that puts those characters right into the uncanny valley. I like Steel Ravens approach much better, you can see they're still not small but also not uber-mega-monster-huge...

Don't get me wrong, nice artwork everybody, just....... honest question, why?

Hahaha When i started drawing, I used to hate that exaggerated bust as well, but now I do it for the same reason people in real life have breast augments, it helps attract attention hence more exposure for the artist! Any exposure bad or good will always be beneficial for the artist. (at least thats what i think).

Hope that explains that.

:)

Tide-affecting size, LOL!

#22 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Rly? Just for attention? No offense, but that's kinda sad...
Besides, it's just my opinion, but most of the time it doesn't even look good and seems to be there just to give people an incentive to fap to it...
I sure as **** wouldn't want that kind of attention for my artwork! I think it actually doesn't do anything but that btw, not like the pic gains any quality from disproportionaly huge *******, if anything makes it look cheap...

Either way, take this for what it is, my opinion...
I find characters (even just pictures without backstory) much more relatable and likeable when they aren't oversexualized...

EDIT: really?!? b r e a s t s is censored but boobs isn't??? what about ****? ah, at least they got that covered...

Edited by Sesambrot, 09 September 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#23 Soku Yamashita

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 09 September 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Rly? Just for attention? No offense, but that's kinda sad...
Besides, it's just my opinion, but most of the time it doesn't even look good and seems to be there just to give people an incentive to fap to it...
I sure as **** wouldn't want that kind of attention for my artwork! I think it actually doesn't do anything but that btw, not like the pic gains any quality from disproportionaly huge *******, if anything makes it look cheap...

Either way, take this for what it is, my opinion...
I find characters (even just pictures without backstory) much more relatable and likeable when they aren't oversexualized...

EDIT: really?!? b r e a s t s is censored but boobs isn't??? what about ****? ah, at least they got that covered...

No offense taken! I totally agree with you! Even with the sad part lol!

#24 NPComplete

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIf there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet that it's farthest from

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Nice work, everyone. Wish I could draw that good.

#25 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

Very impressive!

Thank you for posting these to the forums!

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 09 September 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

Nice pictures folks!

Though, I got a question........ artistic freedom in all honor, but why do female (animelike) characters always have to have boobs of a tide-affecting size? For me, that puts those characters right into the uncanny valley. I like Steel Ravens approach much better, you can see they're still not small but also not uber-mega-monster-huge...

Don't get me wrong, nice artwork everybody, just....... honest question, why?

I concur, I prefer believable to adolescent fantasy.

#27 Native

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

nice work all... wish I could draw... always wanted to, never had any talent for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users