• 43 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWest of Boston MA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

This thread can be used to let all of our fellow FRR members know:
  • What timezone you're in,
  • When are you most likely to be on and playing
  • Are you a Merc or House Unit
Hopefully we can band together and practice some teamwork on the battlefield.

Updated List of Participants

As of Sept 19th

Check the profiles, send friend requests, get in game and grab some scalps.

Never hurts to log into C3 and wait, help is on the way.

Remember to check your notifications while in MechLab, lower right corner.

My info:
  • East Coast North America
  • Most consistent time will be daily from 9 am - 11 am (sucks but I work nights) with some time most likely after 10:30 pm
  • I would prefer to be part of a House Formation
I was going to put server options here but seeing as that choice is unavailable for now, why bother.

If this thread is somewhere else, let me know and I will delete this one.

Edited by iiiTRiBEiii, 19 September 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#2 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

House Unit, without a doubt.

I am in CST (UTC -6:00), and my time gaming time during the week is about 8:30pm to 1, with some more time slapped in there for the weekends.

I'll friend you and hopefully I can catch you on some of your evening gaming times. It would be nice to have someone to work with instead of just relying on the quality of PUGs.

#3 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Works for me, good deal Wooj. What do you pilot?

As a Jenner pilot I'm getting tired of trying to work with random teammates that couldn't give 1/2 a ****, end up just going Hunchback and Gauss Rifle fun timing but that's not my preference.

BTW, your location is appropriate, I won't make the same joke you've been hearing for years.
more fitting: "This.....Is......TERRA!!!"

#4 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Actually, it has been a good month so far. I have only heard the Sparta thing a few (thousand) times. :)
Too bad that "This.... Is... RASALHAUGE!" is such a mouthful to say.

Recently I have been switching between a Brawler Atlas, a LRM Pult, and a Dual UAC5 Pult. Not sure which I like best, but I do tend to run heavy, so a Light/Medium friend is always appreciated.

That said, come on guys, there has to be some more of you out there, without partners or groups you are already planning to play with, and with similar hours, that want to do some damage together...

#5 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

Considering we are less than half way through August, there are many thousands of "this.....is,,,,," to come. To throw RASALHAUGE into the mix would be great to say while buzz drunk, appropriate for the FRR.

I can support the big brawlers no problem, keep the gnats off ya with my own. I have been messing around with a Cat K2 that is simple & straight to the point: XL 195 Engine (3 tons, 46 kph), 400 Armor, Dual Gauss in the torso slots, 100 shots @ 10 tons of ammo. Haven't run out of ammo yet and average about 3 kills per match. Tagged a Jenner from 1200 meters and put em down with one volley. Let both one ton rounds coming out of the Gauss at 1200 kph close the distance for you.

That said, come on guys, there has to be some more of you out there, without partners or groups you are already planning to play with, and with similar hours, that want to do some damage together...

I keep checking the "MWO Closed Beta TeamSpeak 3" server & FRR is ALWAYS empty. I have not seen anyone in there, ever....That said, made a friend the other day because he was the only one in The Skjaldborg, Shieldwall of Rasalhauge. Don't know where everyone is but it's a ghost town. The FRR has a pretty strong EU showing of members so that might be a hard factor to get around.

#6 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

I am in the EST zone (GMT-5). My availability is after 6PM EST until around 10:00PM EST. I will send the two of you a friend request when I get online tonight and we will see if we can get a Unit formed to practice team tactics.

Edit 6, Sept 2012 - My C3 Account name is Dayuhan.

I will be a member of House unit.

Edited by Dayuhan, 06 September 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#7 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the head's up on this thread Wooj.

Pacific time here (GMT -8), but my gaming time has some variety. When my schedule permits I can be found gaming with my coffee early mornings local time, but most of the time later in the evening and occasionally a few short sessions in "prime (local) time."

Gaps in access due to work are more of an issue for me than a given time of day though. Really hoping that I can make it for "major timeline events" more often than not.

#8 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hey! That's four people. We are officially a Lance now. ;)

#9 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Looks some NA server members have made it here, thank you Wooj for spreading the word and to everyone for making it here. I've added everyone so far, if you see me online, let me know and I'd like to group up with you.

This is the link to the Moderator post regarding the MWO TeamSpeak 3 server IP and password. I just got a new mic and need to get it properly up and running.

Not advertising but to advertise, newegg has a sale on Refurbished: Turtle Beach Ear Force DX11 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound Headset Bundle for Xbox 360 here, it's a great deal, $165 mic for $65 with free shipping. They sound incredible, just not as easily set up as my old Logitech headset.

#10 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Just set up teamspeak last night and got into a totally void of life FRR section. I swear there were tumbleweeds blowing across the channel.

I should be back on tonight, and hopefully I will see some of you all then.

Oh, and just a FYI, Though I will have Teamspeak up and running, using it a lot for socializing and the like is going to be a bit tough for me. I have a light sleeping 4 year old a floor away, so I try to stay reasonably quiet. Listening will be easy, and short "Fall back", "Get me some targets", and "Dear god, they blew my 'puts ears off again" messages will fine... I just don't want anyone thinking I am being rude or curt.

#11 Company Man

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

• GMT -8 / PST/PDT based, Eastern, GMT regularly - mainly operational on GMT - 5 based hours
  • 8AM - 10AM PDT each day / 16:00 - 18:00 UTC, 3PM - 6PM PDT weekdays / 23:00 UTC - 02:00 UTC weekdays
  • I spend a lot of my free time sailing and travelling so my play schedule is very flexible around any group I play with.
  • I'm not bound to House or Merc at this point since neither seem to exist. Looking for teamwork and regular group play, only. Game is really boring with ad-hoc multiplayer. Win easily or lose easily.

#12 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Woohoo! And now we are a reinforced lance!

#13 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Ghost Town is too true. The Bears are coming and we have to be ready or else they'll devour our entrails.

No problem Wooj, we'll try to to wake the future MechWarrior Pilot Savior. I'll be happy to find you some targets, let your ammo do the talking.

Nice detail work on the time Company Man, I had to google UTC to figure out what it stands for. You must do some serious sailing to have that handy. The FRR has deeps roots in the sailing the seas. Check the proof here. Now I'll need to get an atomic clock widget, thanks 0_o
Let give you a proper "Hail & Welcome Aboard"

#14 Odin Einarsson

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm PST time zone, usually playing from 8pm-12am PST. Right now I'm running a lot of Catapult builds (mostly SRM and MPLas builds) but occasionally LRM boats and PPC snipers too, just trying to build up my pilot skills in the Pult.

Once I've gotten tired of playing the brawlers, I want to start in on Jenner's again.

Definitely a house unit.

Look me up!

Edited by Odin Einarsson, 15 August 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#15 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

TRiBE and I just got done defiling the FRR Teamspeak channel. It is a virgin no longer.

We did some serious damage to the opposing side... Ok, TRiBE did some damage to the opposing side, and I died a lot, until I unleashed my inner Steiner and pulled out the Atlas. We ended our last game with multiple kills for the both of us.

Being able to hear and plan on the fly makes a huge difference, and I sure will only be moreso when we have 4 or 5 of us playing together

Edited by Wooj, 15 August 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#16 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostWooj, on 15 August 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

TRiBE and I just got done defiling the FRR Teamspeak channel. It is a virgin no longer.

We did some serious damage to the opposing side... Ok, TRiBE did some damage to the opposing side, and I died a lot, until I unleashed my inner Steiner and pulled out the Atlas. We ended our last game with multiple kills for the both of us.

Being able to hear and plan on the fly makes a huge difference, and I sure will only be moreso when we have 4 or 5 of us playing together

It was a dirty job but somebody had to dust off the FRR TS room, it made all the difference.

At the last battle, 60% of the enemy had fallen to the weapons Wooj and I carried. The Atlas of Wooj was to be feared! It was glorious! A time of triumph for The Free Rasalhague Republic!

Plus, we aren't nearly as effective without teamwork.

We should get a Lance up and running at least once in the next week.

Odin Einarsson, welcome! Another member from the PST zone....I think.....still trying to figure out where Company Man is connecting from...maybe the middle of the Indian Ocean via satellite as far as I know.

Everyone check your "friend request" portion of both the forums board and MWO lab area.

--happy hunting

Edited by iiiTRiBEiii, 16 August 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#17 Rasgueados

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Sounds amazing, I would love to play with a group as playing with randoms is killing me, both figuratively and literally. No one seems to understand the simplest thing like "stay together team", I say that and everyone disperses alone, everyone dies and we lose. Except of coarse those rare matches where people (or at least some on your team) seem to coordinate, play well etc

#18 Odin Einarsson

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Saw that a couple of you added me the other day: thanks! I can't wait to get TS running and have a couple of FRR lance mates to create havoc with. Thanks for the wecome TRiBE. I had the same thought about Company Man too. Will be interesting to see if we can get the timing to line up for us West Coast folk.

Won't be on until later tonight, and in a conference all weekend, so if I don't catch you folk in the next day or two, it'll probably be early next week.

#19 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Added you gentlemen last night when I hopped on for a couple matches. I'm going to get comms up and running over the weekend, so I'll also be on TS much more often.

This raises a question. Since in-game VOIP is usually garbage (in my limited experience) and it's very likely that PGI won't maintain their TS3 server after the beta ... um, damn rambling sentence. Anyway, are there thoughts on how we might maintain comms without joining an external merc group?

Would also love more Dev info on how factions will end up working in general. I should probably look more thoroughly though.

As far as mechs/roles: <preemptively redacted because not sure if this violated NDA>

Uh.. I know we're all Founder's and all, but didn't want to cross the line. NDA is still in effect, even if it's obvious Founders are in beta. :)

Edited by Bagheera, 16 August 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#20 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

I have been wondering... We are all planning to be part of a House unit, but unless they make some changes to the way the FRR units are structured, we will most likely end up in different units. TRiBE favors the lights, and I am at the opposite end of the spectrum, and for some insane reason, the FRR military has their units mostly split up by weight class... No idea how that is going to affect how we group up. Anyone read anything on the subject?

Along those same lines, since our little group is starting to come together, do we need a name? Yeah, we will technically be part of a unit like the 2nd Hussars or somesuch, but that is no reason not to have a unofficial name for our lance/company/whatever we end up as.

And if we agree to that... Then what name? I have a few ideas, and hopefully the rest of you will have better.

Our name should, of course, be something properly Rasalhaguean, and the offical language of the FRR is Swedish and unofficially it is Swedenese (Swedish+Japanese mix). Since we are a group of casual slackers the name should be properly funny, so the first thing I did was google "Funny Swedish Words" and turned up this blog post: http://blogs.sweden....me-the-giggles/

I like Farthinder, because I have a juvenile sense of humor. Slutspurt is a awesome word as well, but would probably get us banned, and Final Sale is kinda hard to make work with a unit name. Kackerlackas also has a nice ring to it, and would also be usable. The only other word I liked was Trivselbit, but it would be hard to use. The reason I liked it was because it refers to the last bit of something good. It would be a bit of foreshadowing since here in a few years there is not going to be much left of the FRR, if canon has its way with us.

Anyway, here are my ideas:

Fredricsson's Farthinders (IE Fredricsson's SpeedBumps) - The name at the start is unimportant, it is just a random Swedish surname that starts with F. We could simply say he was a former commander who died heroically, so we keep his name. If we have anyone with any drawing skills, a unit insignia of a light mech being stomped on by a over sized Atlas leg would be cool.

Krantz's Kackerlackas - Same as above with the last name, and the insignia would be something roach related... Or a Jenner scurrying under a refrigerator.

Any other ideas?

Oh, and if any Swedes are reading this and I butchered any of your language... Sorry, please correct me. It was out of ignorance and not malice. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users