Available Time to Play

120 replies to this topic

#41 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

If Urban Dictionary is to be believed:

(edit, stupid filter broke my link, just type f-a-e-n into UD or google)

... then that is one cool nick. :)

Edited by Bagheera, 22 August 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#42 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, Dihm already told me that. Interesting enough that they cover up Norwegian cuss words. Makes me wonder...lets try german...

That said. True that many countries have Shcntizel, but a Wienerschitzel is a special Schnitzel (made out of calf, not pork) first 'developed' in Wien (Vienna for all you Non-German Speakers).
That's all I'm saying. :mellow:

Huh, theydo cover up german, too. Looks like they got some kind of universal cuss word censor program.

Edited by Faenwulf, 22 August 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#43 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Go drink some beer or something, Faenwulf. :mellow:

German origins or not, they were Swedish immigrants fixing the food, and that is reason enough for me. Makes sense though, most of my wife's family (Diehl) history all points back to Germany. She even likes sauerkraut... I try not to hold that against her.

Thanks for the info, Bagheera! That makes more sense then.

I am still trying to decide if the first or second meaning is better for Faenwulf. Either Devilwulf or Fu... Er... Nevermind.

Anyway, now with that out of the way, I think we can officially name Bag (I am allowed to type B-A-G right? That isn't a curse word in Swahili or something is it?) our teams Librarian, due to his quick skills at researching important (IE curse) words. Do the title proud, Bag!

Edited by Wooj, 22 August 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#44 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Concerning my name:

Posted Image

No, seriously. It's the name of my first pen & Paper Character of a German High-Fantasy Roleplaying Game. I played a 'Thorwaler' which is essentially a fantasy viking with another religion and some additional stuff. So I guess they meant the 'Devil' thing in the sense of Demonwolf.
I only recently learned about that meaning, too ( always though the f-aen part was just gibberish), but it kind of fits. :mellow:

#45 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostWooj, on 22 August 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Anyway, now with that out of the way, I think we can officially name Bag (I am allowed to type B-A-G right? That isn't a curse word in Swahili or something is it?) our teams Librarian, due to his quick skills at researching important (IE curse) words. Do the title proud, Bag!

Wait, you're giving me the keys to all the secret vaults of knowledge scattered around our fine Republic. This may end ... poorly. :D

#46 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

Enh... Most of the pages of the books already stick together with (what we hope is) mead. What more damage could you do?

#47 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Ewww...

I was going for the "Planetary Nautilus God From Beyond Deep Space" angle, but yeah ... Ewww... I'll remember to bring my nitrile gloves.

Apparently restoration is my first order of business. ;)

#48 Slicerfire

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Greetings,

I am looking for an organized unit. This chaos rush stuff is starting to get annoying. I am in the Eastern Time Zone, and play mostly between 5 and 10pm Weekdays and Randomly throughout the day on weekends. Definitely looking for a House Unit.

Oh and I normally pilot a Jenner, though been running a Gauss Dragon recently.

Edited by Slicerfire, 23 August 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#49 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWest of Boston MA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

It's great to see you stopped by here Faenwulf, salutations sir, come in from the cold & drink with us. I understand you may have ties to The Skjaldborg, anyway we could meet on the field for some practice sessions? Looking at TS, The Skjaldborg room is empty.

Slicefire, glad to see new handles here in the hall of Fredricsson's Farthinders, where we hinder farts on a daily basis nor really but let them fly all day. Good to see a fellow Jenner Pilot, I too have had a ton of fun in the Gauss Cat. It is a beast at best, just stock up on that ammo and take careful aim.

#50 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

Na, i don't have ties to the Skjaldborg in terms of being a member. I just like the lot. :ph34r:
And they have their own TS server I believe, so no wonder nobody is online.

I'll see to it that I step into the FRR TS once in a while, but since I'm GMT+1 (and thus several hours into the future for you guys :) it's going to be hard to find a time to play together.

#51 Slicerfire

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Not to nitpick or anything but you missed the first r in my handle. It must be all the mead. Which reminds me where did I put my stein.

#52 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostSlicerfire, on 24 August 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Not to nitpick or anything but you missed the first r in my handle. It must be all the mead. Which reminds me where did I put my stein.

Tend to drop my 'r's when I'm drunk. I'm trashed and sh!tty, can't read or write for that matter.

#53 cinder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationSH1-0151

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Central time US here, -600 GMT. I'm usually on sporadically on Tuesdays-Fridays between 8pm-12am or so. Weekends are iffy.

My buddy Kaitoh has similar hours.

Also, I do not have Teamspeak right now (no access to headset/mic just yet). So feel free to friend me and I'll try to group with other FRR when you appear online.

#54 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Well, you can still join the TS, telleeveryone you have no mic, but still listen.
That way, its much easier to give out commands.

#55 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

• What timezone you're in,
  • When are you most likely to be on and playing
  • Are you a Merc or House Unit
1) Us East.(Georgia)
2) Not much until the open beta. I don't like account wipes and definitely don't want to burn myself out before in-game purchases are permanent. I'm mostly holding back so it'll stay nice and fresh and when Open Beta hits I'll have no lost motivation to grind. So despite being Legendary I've mostly been a forum advocate.
3) Steiner loyalist, at least until Melissa is assassinated, then I will be jumping ship. Katherine is a PoS tyrant and I won't fight under her name. But this change won't occur until after the Clan Invasion, which is a very long time from now. Ironically Katherine will lose the civil war she creates mostly because droves of Steiner's followers will leave Steiner just to get away from her after she forcibly seized its throne and started a needless war for personal conquest.

Edited by Bluten, 24 August 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#56 Vhyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hey guys/gals!

I'm East Coast, and usually play whenever (no job yet, college grad), so I have a pretty open schedule. I will be playing in a House Unit for sure, the benefits are just too good, at least in my opinion.

I will be an Awesome 8Q driver, I fell in love with that mech. I also might drive a Dragon, but I'm not sure yet.

#57 Teh Hobo

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hey all EST here. I'm on mostly weekends and fridays. I'll be a house unit for sure, I'm interested in seeing what the faction bonuses are like.

#58 aelfkins

• PipPipPip
  • Kavellrist
  • Kavellrist
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi there,
I'm on random times, located in EST in NYC/NJ.
Too early to tell whether house or merc unit would be funner/ suit my schedule.

Currently running a Jenner brawler.

Edited by aelfkins, 29 August 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#59 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

Welcome Teh Hobo & aelfkins. Great to see there is continued interest in grouping up.

Yesterday there was a minor hangup when IGP decided to shut down the TS server....people went apesh!t, myself ALMOST included. Mainly lurked to to figure out what was going on.

The unfortunate part wasn't the fact that it was cut off, it was not getting an update saying "Hi all, we're going to close our TS server tomorrow, go plan B" AKA start dog whining noise while staring at Wooj....in case you haven't seen begging dog trolling,

The reaction was swift on the part of IGP and Piranha Games as well as the player community. I am posting what IGP seems to be "ok'ing" because of the NDA and me not being sure what crosses the line. Don't want to give you a link that will cause any problems.

This was posted by the staff moderator Xoanon and will be backed up by the community moderator Helmer. The info is just past half way down the page.

#60 Kelb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hey guys Im the ultimate Noob here but eager to help when and where I can.

I'm EST (Michigan), but I'll mostly play nights and different times of the week, weird job schedule.

I'm big into FRR and house Marik, but you won me over with drunken space vikings. Probably going House Unit (don't know enough yet to make a definate decision.

Trying to be fire support Catapult right now, havent figured out how to brawl in a med yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users