Gray Death Legion

367 replies to this topic

#201 GDL Wolfpack

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just checking in with my new shiny GDL name. (sans underscore due to naming conventions on the signup form as of now)

#202 GDL Irishwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know I got myself a new name. Question, though - should I use one of our Corps-specific Banners, or may I use my old one?

Posted Image

I'm fine either way, just curious

#203 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Run what ya brung there Irish! Looks good on ya ;)

Glad to see more GDL Tags chiming in, the uniforms are fitting nicely!

Thanks Wolf, and Irish, I appreciate y'all taking the time and effort to create a second name on here.

<S> See you both soon.

-Havoc

#204 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

I don't have much free time atm, but if anyone with forum know how, would like to use one of my domains www.graydeathlegion.com, .co.uk, .net (yes I'm sad enough to own all 3) to host a forum and such, they can do, just shoot me a PM and I'll give you access to set it up, no charge lol.

Edited by Lori Carlyle, 21 February 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#205 GDL Rahsan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Romiah/ Gustaf Brackman here.

I got my GDL tag just now I hope Havoc is happy that way =p.

Oh and no more changing names I promise!

#206 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

Good deal Rahsan/Roimiah! The uniform looks good on ya! Thank ya sir!

View PostLori Carlyle, on 21 February 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

I don't have much free time atm, but if anyone with forum know how, would like to use one of my domains www.graydeathlegion.com, .co.uk, .net (yes I'm sad enough to own all 3) to host a forum and such, they can do, just shoot me a PM and I'll give you access to set it up, no charge lol.

Hey LC! Good to see you on here again and glad things are well on your end of the internet (if not busy!)
I may use the Gray Death Legion.com URL for our new forum (Which you should go sign up for!). The web address for the forum is as follows:
http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com

Head over and sign up/sign in and chime in on the roll call thread in the main GDL forum!

We've also got a newly set up GDL teamspeak 3 channel on the No Guts, No Galaxy teamspeak server. I'll try to be in there for a bit this evening, join in if you have time. We'll go over trying to figure out how to utilize one of your domain names if we can. ;)

<S> See you soon I hope.

-Havoc

#207 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Removed.

Edited by Lori Carlyle, 08 March 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#208 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

No no LC, you didn't need to create a forum, I've already got the forum set up

I mean using that URL to link to the gdlmercs URL I posted earlier, that way it's easier to link to the forum I've created.

Just clarifying for you ;)

<S>

-Havoc

#209 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Ah rgr.. lol ;)

#210 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostLori Carlyle, on 21 February 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Ah rgr.. lol :(

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for taking care of that so quickly though, it is greatly appreciated!

I love that people are taking initiative and jumping to help get things organized, I just need people to check in with me first before they take the leap and do something. :P

It's awesome to see the enthusiasm, and willingness to put forth effort to get the Legion up and running! I just don't want people to feel like their work isn't appreciated when they do something I've already done and gotten set up prior to them doing it.

Also, one quick announcement to all Personnel and any potential employees of the Legion:

Gray Death Legion now has it's own Teamspeak channel in the No Guts, No Galaxy teamspeak server! The address is as follows:

Address: ts9.gameservers.com:9144

It's under the Mercenaries sub-section of channels, and I welcome any and all who want to meet up or get to know myself or any of the other Legionnaires! Feel free to hop in and enjoy some good times and camaraderie!

<S> See y'all dirtside. :)

-Havoc

#211 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

I'm just awaiting the hosting on the domain to be canned so I can put the redirect on, I'll also put it on the others as well, so anyone going to .co.uk, .net .com will be sent to your forum addy for you.

I've signed up on there as YTLC, as I go by YT on other forums and to stop the 3x Lori's running off :P

#212 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostGDL_Havoc, on 02 February 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Greetings Alaric,

I've not seen that listed anywhere in any of the forums, and to my knowledge that is not the case. If you have evidence to refute that, I'd please ask you to point me to it if you'd be so kind?

Thanks for the concern.

<S>

-Havoc

Just because this keeps coming up...

Can players start a Merc Corp that is already canon? Or will you protect canon faction/unit names? I.e. I want to start the Eridian Light Horse Merc Corp, I’m the first to register the Merc Corp’s name so is it mine or will I be able to join the Waco Rangers and interact in it like I would a House unit?

[PAUL] Merc Corp names are registered names. Once it’s taken, it’s gone. As for canon protected faction/unit names, we will be locking out some of the key players in the BT timeline.

From Developer Q&A 1

#213 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostDihm, on 22 February 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

Just because this keeps coming up...

From Developer Q&A 1

<S>

Thanks for that link there Dihm, I appreciate the clarification. Since I was (thankfully) the first person to register the Gray Death Legion name here, at least it's reserved for us to use. I don't see the Legion being a 'key player' in the BT timeline at this juncture. The Legion played an important role with the discovery of the Star League memory core on Helm, but that's been many years ago according to the canon. Without knowing the criteria that is being used to denote 'key players', I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

As for actions the Legion will have, Gray Death Legion does have the distinction of being the first known Inner Sphere unit to stop the clans advance on the planet of Pandora after the clans make it to the Inner Sphere proper.

I appreciate the reference to the Q&A 1 there to clear up things Dhim. Good to known.

<S>

-Havoc

#214 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostLori Carlyle, on 22 February 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

I'm just awaiting the hosting on the domain to be canned so I can put the redirect on, I'll also put it on the others as well, so anyone going to .co.uk, .net .com will be sent to your forum addy for you.

I've signed up on there as YTLC, as I go by YT on other forums and to stop the 3x Lori's running off ;)

Good deal! :o <S>

Awesome news, thanks so much for the help with the redirects!

I saw you'd loggedin on the forum, please be sure to chime in on the roll call thread and then let me know your time zone in the lance organization thread when you have time so I can start figuring out what company and lance to get you in to.

See you soon I do hope.

<S>

-Havoc

#215 GDL Rahsan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

Bumbity bumb so the new guys see this thread.

#216 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostGDL Rahsan, on 24 February 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

Bumbity bumb so the new guys see this thread.

bump maybe? And I would be interested in joining but the games release is probably more then 6months away soo why? Maybe when it gets closer to release ill come back here and see if your still accepting apps.

Edited by lsp, 24 February 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#217 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postlsp, on 24 February 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

bump maybe? And I would be interested in joining but the games release is probably more then 6months away soo why? Maybe when it gets closer to release ill come back here and see if your still accepting apps.

Agreed...........I watch this forum for activity,to get a feel for the people (i know you have a web site) looks like a good group,but not much happening on MWO...........????????

#218 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

View Postlsp, on 24 February 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hey ya Isp <S> And the game release may be as soon as four months from now in all actuality (I expect June-ish, personally). As for coming back later, we'd welcome you to join if you'd care to. In the mean time we're still setting up lances by role, going over combat tactics, and generally getting all the logistics taken care of. There's plenty to help keep ya occupied, not to mention getting to know the other Legion members. ;)

If you decide you'd like to join up, head on over to our forums and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you :D

View Postwhiskey tango foxtrot, on 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Agreed...........I watch this forum for activity,to get a feel for the people (i know you have a web site) looks like a good group,but not much happening on MWO...........????????

Hey Whiskey, <S> Thank you for that, this is a good group of people and I'm very much enjoying getting to know the other pilots of GDL so far. It's been a labor of love getting things set up and squared away.

And just because we're waiting for MWO to release doesn't mean we're sitting idle ;) The Legion has already had one teamspeak conference and I'm scheduling another one soon for coordination purposes. As I said in my reply to Isp, there's plenty to do to help keep us occupied while we wait for MWO to release.

I hope you choose to give us a shot later! If you like the way we look now, just wait. We're going to continue to improve and polish up in the coming months. :D

Thanks for the interest, and as I said to Isp, we'd love to have you if you choose to throw your lot in with the Legion, Whiskey. If either of you care to get to know me better before you make a choice, you can usually find me in the No Guts, No Galaxy teamspeak server in the Gray Death Legion channel on evenings when I'm not working.

Take care and thanks to you both, see you dirtside I hope. ;)

<S>

-Havoc

#219 GDL Germ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

<-- =)

#220 GDL Rahsan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:34 AM