Weekly Review - August 24th

23 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Weekly Review – August 24th
My the days are zipping by! A week gone, and it feels like only yesterday we were right here. We had 'Snakes Are Still Snakes', another great story by Mr. Bills (I love that reporter - great style!. We also had Weekly Screenshot 16 (more Atlases!), as well as the Gametrailers Video of River City - which was the first time most people have seen the map. And the interview with Russ at Ten Ton Hammer! Oh yeah, and we had a big writeup on the PA Report! What do you guys think of it? Urban maps were always my favourite, personally. And I love learning about the art process. For some reason reading is different form watching.

Thanks for tuning in, and we hope you all have a great weekend. We’ll see you again nextweek!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

I love the map - it's become my new favorite. That being said...kind of a slow week eh? A story, a screenie, and a video?

I guess I'm just spoiled by how things used to be. Looking forward to something new whenever that is :)

#3 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

You guys forget about Ask the Devs 14 and battlemech 16.

#4 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

*Atlai

#5 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

In other words, nothing of any note whatsoever happened..

#6 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Seems like a lot of people are losing interest fast lol. The news is becoming boring, the ask the DEVS answers have been ok at best. Most of the time the really great questions go unanswered. We haven't seen any kind of concept art, mech, weapons, possible future maps... Anything in quit some time now. [REDACTED]

Edited by Viterbi, 24 August 2012 - 09:56 AM.
Removed NDA violation

#7 XXRAZERBACKXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 347 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego, CA , USA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

What happened to Ask the Devs 14 and battlemech 16???

#8 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

...and the cookie continues to crumble.

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

*smiles affectionately in the wake of those with broken faith and abandoned hopes*

Has anyone here noticed they're still hiring more designers and programmers? Things are ramping up, despite the "nothing of note" they're announcing.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 24 August 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

You're also missing the PA Report article, and the new Russ interview. Both very newsworthy items!

#11 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 24 August 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

*smiles affectionately in the wake of those with broken faith and abandoned hopes*

Has anyone here noticed they're still hiring more designers and programmers? Things are ramping up, despite the "nothing of note" they're announcing.
I have noticed and I hope that means great things to come. I haven't lost my faith in what PGI is doing and or invisiond for this game. It's just with so little happening and or with what looks and feels like they may have bit off a bit more than they thought they could handle, it's just a little hard to keep the excitement up for everything we were promised and or told we would be getting. I know a lot of people say to the others to stop whining and stop demanding and so on but if there were never those that kept asking for more or want better out of something or want more and better out of a company, most companies would just get lax and give the consumer anything and call it good or finished. I'll gladly say I'm one of those people that will say I want the best for this game and will always demand more from this company or any company that makes a MW product, because this franchise is and always will be near and dear to me. So yes, I'm going to hold PGi to high standards and expect only the best.

#12 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 August 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Gametrailers Video of River City - which was the first time most people have seen the map.

Don't be silly, all of us saw it in the Hunchback video. :)

#13 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 August 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Weekly Review – August 24th
My the days are zipping by! A week gone, and it feels like only yesterday we were right here. We had 'Snakes Are Still Snakes', another great story by Mr. Bills (I love that reporter - great style!. We also had Weekly Screenshot 16 (more Atlases Atlai!), as well as the Gametrailers Video of River City - which was the first time most people have seen the map. Oh yeah, and we had a big writeup on the PA Report! What do you guys think of it? Urban maps were always my favourite, personally.
Thanks for tuning in, and we hope you all have a great weekend. We’ll see you again nextweek!
Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Fixed.

#14 Isingdeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 24 August 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

I have noticed and I hope that means great things to come. I haven't lost my faith in what PGI is doing and or invisiond for this game. It's just with so little happening and or with what looks and feels like they may have bit off a bit more than they thought they could handle, it's just a little hard to keep the excitement up for everything we were promised and or told we would be getting. I know a lot of people say to the others to stop whining and stop demanding and so on but if there were never those that kept asking for more or want better out of something or want more and better out of a company, most companies would just get lax and give the consumer anything and call it good or finished. I'll gladly say I'm one of those people that will say I want the best for this game and will always demand more from this company or any company that makes a MW product, because this franchise is and always will be near and dear to me. So yes, I'm going to hold PGi to high standards and expect only the best.

Fussing and complaining can also have the exact opposite effect. It can cause a company to quit listening at all. There is actually a problem with a company satisfying all request and putting out constant upgrades. It becomes the expectation. In our consumer complaint driven society it usually means companies ignore their customers, pay lip service, or go out of business. Example They consistently told us about new mechs almost every week. Now when two weeks go by with no new mech announcements people say nothing is going on? We had a new map and they implemented the beginnings of two new game mechanics and people are worried about a new mech not being announced....mind you announced not even put in the game but announced. We know they have lots of resources tied in with this game...you think they are sitting around twiddling their thumbs. You think because you are typing a few words they are like "oh no they caught us better quit taking 4 hour coffee breaks and get back to work". No this dev group clearly loves the product they are making. If we do not see that much from them in a week (not in agreement that we did not see much this week. Now last week yes) it is because there is alot of programming going on behind the scenes. We are in Closed Beta. That means lots of stuff is being developed at once and there is to little programmers for to much programming. I wish there were developer ferries where we could wave a magic wand and boom get a new mech but these things take resources and the game needs work before new mechs need to be implemented.

#15 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

It's my birthday! Lavish me with 'mechs!

#16 Arfer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationMianus, CT

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

What, Urbanmechs are your favourite?

#17 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Well, if you think news is coming slowly now, consider what PGI has going on: all Founders have access to Closed Beta, in addition to the folks who got early invites, and more people are coming in daily. With a variety of system specs and a host of players providing feedback, I have to imagine that the devs are in the middle of debug city right now... which amounts to being a good thing, because that means when the rudsh of Open Beta hits, the core game elements will be shored up, and most major stability issues ironed out, putting the game in a better position to move forward with further content infusions and balancing tweaks. It's sort of like building a house - waiting for the foundation to cure is boring, but it's worth the wait not to crack the block and be stuck relying on house jacks to level the structure before you've even moved in.

#18 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

That PA Report was amazing. Give us more stuff like that! Also an art book.

#19 Jacob Ramsey

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

PGI, In case you are not aware, many of the followers are concerned you have bit off much more than you can chew with this game. How bout we get some substance with these weekly "updates". Why not tell us something about what exactly you did in the game development this week? To be honest, we've had enough screenshots, trailers, and stories to last us the life of the game. . . They don't impress us. Show us were our money is going.

#20 Cyrusxs

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationElsweyr

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Alright week, with new map and all but I for one kinda want mechs and I bet thats what a lot of people want to see a little bit more of. So regardless an alright week. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users