Petition for inclusion of the Uziel

254 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for Inclusion (694 member(s) have cast votes)

I would like to see this mech included in the game.

1. Yes. (396 votes [57.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.06%

2. Voted No. (298 votes [42.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

The Uziel was first produced in 3065, which is 15 years in the future. Even if PGI fast-forwards the timeline every couple of years, you'll be lucky to see it in 5 or so real-world years.

#202 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

I hope PGI sticks to the real world timeline-3049 timeline and releases all the mechs & technologies in their chronological Lore-based order.

I don't mind the wait for the Uziel & I know that die-hard BT fans (and I ;) ) will still be playing.
I've been playing MW since '97 and still play MechWarrior 2, Ghost Bear's Legacy, and MW2: Mercenaries even now on my Win7 PC :ph34r:

#203 Therrinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 197 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

its an inner sphere omni mech those are reverse engineered from clan tech many years later, you will either have to wait 15 years, or at some point MWO makes a time jump in the form of an expansion or something.

hang in there but dont expect it any time soon

#204 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

My concern with the Uziel is the shape of the torso.

Just going to be one, big, round bullseye in MWO.

#205 IDontLikeNames

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

What about my vulture? Love that mech.

That said, I would very much like to see the uziel. **** the timeline. MWLL had pretty much every mech they could churn out while it was in production, and that was probably my favorite MW game. I don't want to wait another 5 years to get the mechs I want, that's unreasonable and stupid. In 5 years, this game will probably be dead.

Edited by IDontLikeNames, 07 September 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#206 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

I voted yes, understanding that we can't have it yet.

But until then, here's a little gift to tide you over. :D

Posted Image

edit: oups, necro. Strange, it was at the top of the forum. 0_o

Edited by Tarogato, 26 September 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#207 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostIDontLikeNames, on 05 September 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

What about my vulture? Love that mech.

That said, I would very much like to see the uziel. **** the timeline. MWLL had pretty much every mech they could churn out while it was in production, and that was probably my favorite MW game. I don't want to wait another 5 years to get the mechs I want, that's unreasonable and stupid. In 5 years, this game will probably be dead.

Nah we don't need it until it's supposed to be released.

And also to people who say "**** the timeline," you are incorrect in that opinion. So very wrong.
And, I'll still be playing.

If you don't wana wait then just build one with the TBR-S :P

#208 Smegmw

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

This mech needs to be introduced into the game for sure but only along it's original manufacturing timeline. PGI that means you have 15 years to get the job done.

#209 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

wasn't the Uziel a mech design that introduced by Microsoft when they owned the license? I thought with MW4 that was one of the key things about the Uziel. so not sure if PGI would have license to use it.

#210 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

Well. seeing as PGI bought the licencing rights from Microsoft... I dont really see this as being much of a problem... the bigger problem is the timeline happening in real time (apart from a reset here and there), which leaves this Mech for production in the year 2029 (our time). Unless PGI decides to scrap the 1:1 Timeline progession, we will never see this mech.

#211 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:19 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 06 October 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

Well. seeing as PGI bought the licencing rights from Microsoft... I dont really see this as being much of a problem... the bigger problem is the timeline happening in real time (apart from a reset here and there), which leaves this Mech for production in the year 2029 (our time). Unless PGI decides to scrap the 1:1 Timeline progession, we will never see this mech.

I don't know about you but I'll still be playing!

#212 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

Im not so sure about that. If you follow the progession of the MW titles players still might be playing the retro game known as MW:O (retro because Kids will laugh at the notion of playing with a manual input device). Most will be playing the new title from the established VRware producer AtariKodak (sponsored by the Lehman Sisters) known as MW:VR.

#213 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 06 October 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

Im not so sure about that. If you follow the progession of the MW titles players still might be playing the retro game known as MW:O (retro because Kids will laugh at the notion of playing with a manual input device). Most will be playing the new title from the established VRware producer AtariKodak (sponsored by the Lehman Sisters) known as MW:VR.

I don't know about that! I still play MW2: Mercenaries, since I still have the CD ROMs ;)

#214 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

I think you got your dates severly wrong there Rushin Roulette. The game year is currently frozen at 3050 , not 2029 , and the uziel was produced in 3067 , not 2029. It was heavily based off clan tech as well. Don't get me wrong I love the Uziel myself, but I just don't ever see it happening in his game. Also PGI buying the rights to produce mech warrior video games from MS is a far different thing from them buying rights to a specific mech design unless MS relinquished all rights to that mech design along with the sale of the IP. But only MS or PGI could give us an answer on rather or not that is the case. It should be noted there have been uziel minatures produced that look exactly like the MW4 Uziel so never know, I could be wrong about the whole mess. JUst I remember here being something about a mech design that MS did themselves that was never part of BT until MS made it. an I am sure it was the Uziel but I could be mistaken.

Edited by Demon Horde, 07 October 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#215 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

I would like MWO to follow the lore timeline of mech releases and tech😊

#216 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Follow the timeline?
Yes

What 15 years?
You're ridiculous.

#217 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Nice Mech but you'll be waiting for 15 years before you see it unless they timeskip. Production Year 3065 source

#218 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

To be honest I would rather see a Thug, Chameleon, Merlin,Avatar(produce in 3052 so i am not sure if it would work), Devastator(produced in 3033 - 3048), & Hunchback IIC.

those I think would be a lot more fun to pilot and all but maybe the Avatar is in the time frame of MWO.

#219 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

you got longer than an 8 year wait for the Uziel , it's production year was in 3065 not 3057.
so more like 15-16 years to wait. Look it up on the mech warrior wiki.
Fortunately PGI has said eventually they will do a time jump NOt sure if that will be in the 3060's or well after that.

#220 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostRender, on 09 February 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

I vote no... Cause If you can have one I want a Wolfhound or a Cougar....
yeah... um... yeah... dude... or even better.... A Nova Cat

You can have a Wolfhound, in fact, I want one, too... Phellan Kell was piloting a wolfhound when he was captured in December 3049. Just because it was a very uncommon mech doesn't stop it from showing up in MWO. The Highlander was though to be extinct, before the Northwind Highlanders pulled a few from their hidey-holes, and then, of course, Comstar. The King Crab was incredibly rare, only making it to the 3050s thanks to Comstar...

Hell, double heatsinks, endosteel, ferro, and gauss rifles are almost rarer in the Inner Sphere than the Wolfhound at 3050...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 21 March 2015 - 09:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users