Petition for inclusion of the Uziel

254 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for Inclusion (694 member(s) have cast votes)

I would like to see this mech included in the game.

1. Yes. (396 votes [57.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.06%

2. Voted No. (298 votes [42.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:01 AM

Problem with TimeLines in BattleTech for every rule there is a exception.

When i can prove you one canon example of a Mech that should not appeared in a "canon" source at this time - there is no problem with the Uziel right?

Here we are Devastator DVS-2
MUL listened this BattleMech at 3048 - but indeed the Mech was used by General Otto in 3044 on Bourgogne.
Considering the DVS-1 for 3036 and the DVS-3 just a field modification for the DVS-2 - we should already have our Devastator in game right?

Given the last development of XTROs there is no guaranttee that there is no room for example a XTRO-WarOF39 - showing the

Based on the original prototype of the Uziel

for example a 3039 Prototype of the UZL-3S
Spoiler

or a prototype for something strange
Spoiler

Edited by Karl Streiger, 25 March 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#222 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

Whats with petitioning everything? Why not request it? You'll get the same result without giving off the impression that your some sort of **** head.

Im for the uziel when its time for the uziel

#223 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

object on timeline
object on good looking

even a comguard raijin or a bushwhacker looks better... and they also are beyound timeline.

#224 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostChristopher Hamilton, on 28 March 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

object on timeline
object on good looking

even a comguard raijin or a bushwhacker looks better... and they also are beyound timeline.

Well "good looking" is kind of subjective, wouldn't you agree?
I mean, it's not beautiful, but it does have some strange charm to it.

Though, it IS out of timeline, so yeah.
I'd much rather get an Argus, WHEN the time comes.
Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 24 January 2016 - 06:02 AM.

#225 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

the uziel would look like a mess once they adapted it for MWO's required "puffy blocks" art style. that thing's all curves man, you see a lot of curves in the armor on these 'mechs?

#226 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

Well, PGI kind of ruined the timeline by starting CW over, so they might as well screw the 1:1 time line and put all sorts of things out. If you can determine your fate in CW, why make every thing else follow the lore?

Id like to see the Belial, a Uizel with 2 gauss rifles, but is that possible? Unlikely...

#227 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostWindscape, on 02 May 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Well, PGI kind of ruined the timeline by starting CW over, so they might as well screw the 1:1 time line and put all sorts of things out. If you can determine your fate in CW, why make every thing else follow the lore?

Community Warfare is in Beta.

Edited by m, 03 May 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#228 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

Will be in production during Fedcom Civil War, so no. Just much to early.

#229 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:21 PM

I voted yes but I'd want it to come when timeline appropriate.

Plus there are mechs I'd be much more excited for such as the Nightstar http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nightstar or the Assassin or Lynx.

#230 Vetal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 500 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:27 AM

I'd like to have bushwaker and albatross, especially concerning the fact that 2016 is the year of their release.

#231 metalxxx

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:29 AM

Hello. UZIEL is the great old mech. i vote YES !!! IS LEGENDARY MECH in MECHWARRIORS pc in old versions..

#232 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

No Uziel unless the devs are going to jump the setting at least one decade forward.

You might as well argue for Apache Helicopters in your World War 2 game.

#233 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:57 AM

Pillager... Exterminator... Thug... I'd vote yes for these. They're not only actually available for the time period, but they're also Star League 'Mechs. (With names like those, how did that mighty empire ever fall? Oh yeah... Atlas.)

Hoplite... Mercury... Hermes... Clint... Assassin... Crusader

BUT, to play a bit of Devil's Advocate here... the Uziel appeared in Mechwarrior 4, first. Then a TRO. While I haven't made it through all the novels yet, I don't recall it ever being piloted in any of them. So the only real link it has is in a TRO, since all Mechwarrior games are considered apocryphal. (Several designs from MW3 were exclusive to that game as well.) Since the date for the Mauler got changed a few times, and then a "new" old 'Mech was created to give the Mauler the ability to show up in the fourth Succession War, it wouldn't be difficult to say that there wasn't an early prototype version or some such, or that it had a limited run before the factory was destroyed. But it couldn't be an omnimech. Considering that being an Omnimech is really what sets the Uziel apart... Just not seeing the appeal. An IS omnimech, with a fixed engine, endo steel, FF armor AND IS weapons? OUCH. You'd be able to build a nice... MG boat. Okay, I was trying to support the Uziel, but my own ramblings sort of highlight some very real concerns as to how it could possibly work.

Hatamoto Chi, Grand Dragon, Kracken... Plenty of REALLY cool designs left to choose from. And since the timeline is supposed to have advanced (I think) we're coming close to having the Bushwhacker be available... or is possibly available... I forget the whole Somerset Striker's loophole for that one. (I like how it looks. I'm sure I'd suck driving it.)

I do want to point out how the new 'Mechs coming out are all slimmer, and have a ton of hardpoints. I still like to drive my Yen-Lo-Wang and Dragon 1N. Still do fine. Then I get these new 'Mechs with so many HPs, and the builder in me wants to fill them all... I remember when we were making do with less. Then the clanners had to show up and ruin it for everybody. ;)

I digress. No Uziel.

#234 Dun Grizzly

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:01 AM

I voted "yes", still, Devs are following some timeline in here and imho it gives great flavour to the game. Let us respect their work and wait patiently for all the greatness to apear in the right moment.

#235 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

on time line its 3052 for the 2nd yr in a row! lols[battle of tukied cw holiday event is 3052 and we've had that event 2 times allready! lmao]

#236 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:23 AM

View PostWindscape, on 02 May 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Id like to see the Belial, a Uizel with 2 gauss rifles, but is that possible? Unlikely...

nope. and Belial isn't canon as you know...

Well, Twin gauss is possible I think BUT you sacrafice nearly everything... I mean twin AC 20 cicadas do exist... why not twin Gauss Uziel?

#237 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

maybe there is a acnnon variant w/ light guass rifles... because MechAssault screwed up a lot of things

#238 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

Ahh yes MechAssult..... SO many things done wrong, yet so many things done right. Take for instance the destructible buildings, and wait for it................. "Mech Explosions!" Ahaha had to, yeah I always like when the stuff just blew up. Many people may not agree. But I think it's better then rag dolls anyway. I played with explosions, and not dolls when i was a kid, dunno bout you guys. =P

#239 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

who doesn't play MWO and love to blow stuff up :P

I enjoyed the game for what it is

#240 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:53 PM

Lol, same here I love MWO, I just like to tease the development team about mechs blowing up every chance I get =P (P.S. Why do I get the feeling that Paul ups my Gauss Rifle explosion chance, any chance he gets lmfao)

Anyways I voted yes this mech needs to be in the game, why? So I can blow it up of course!

Edited by Omaha, 27 February 2016 - 05:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users