Name And Shame Policy (Updated 2013/02/26)

Official

2 replies to this topic

#1 Primus of ComStar

Primus of ComStar

• 47 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Recently it has come to our attention that users have been making references to inappropriate behavior of other players, both in-game and on the forums. This type of thread is sometimes referred to as a “Name & Shame” thread and is specifically prohibited by our Code of Conduct.

We would like to remind users that inappropriate in-game actions can be reported to Support and we’ll investigate. When submitting your ticket, if possible - provide a screenshot or video of the transgression in question. Please be sure to provide the following information:
-Time/date (and time zone)
-Map
-Mech used
-List of offending players
It speeds up the process and helps us tremendously!

On the forums, please use the “Report” feature for moderator review of the situation. In both instances, please provide as much information as possible in your summary of the issue, including any interactions that involve yourself.

You’ll notice that a number of posts have been locked or removed over the past few days regarding this issue. As always, we will continue to enforce the Code of Conduct, which may involve sanctions for users who post in this manner.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Community Moderators.

Thank you,
The moderating Team.

#2 Primus of ComStar

Primus of ComStar

• 47 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

FAQs:

Q: Why is the discussion of specific players who have violations of the Terms of Use prohibited?

A: We wish to foster constructive discussion by routing violations through the proper channels for our review. This policy exists to prevent users from being targeted without reason. Ie. Another player isn't allowed to make a thread that complains about you, whether or not the situation occurred and regardless of whether or not their complaint is warranted.

Q: I keep seeing player XXX in-game, even after reporting them to Support.

A: It takes time for our Support Team to review reports and logs. Rest assured that we review all reported cases and follow-up with players privately. We do not necessarily suspend users from the game nor do we suspend or ban players at other players’ request. Our Support Team uses their discretion in assessing individuals on a case by case basis.

Q: If I continue to see a user committing in-game offences, should I report them again?

A: No. We have a commitment to read every report before taking action, and this takes a lot of time. Unless you have additional/different details to provide, please refrain from reporting the same user multiple times.

Q: Will I ever be able to report players from within the game?

A: Our developers have plans to expand/enhance the way in which players may be reported for conduct violations. In the meantime, we are reviewing a considerable amount of community feedback on this matter.

Q: Isn't quoting another player technically a violation of this policy, given that it could be considered "calling them out?"

A: No. We're specifically concerned with players who are deliberately referencing in-game abuses as they relate to individuals. It is acceptable to disagree with other players, so long as the discussion is civil and constructive, and does not target specific players for in-game abuses.

#3 Primus of ComStar

Primus of ComStar

• 47 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Q: What about scoreboards? May I post a screenshot of my the MechWarrior Online end-of-match screen?

A: Yes, so long as it does not serve the purpose of humiliating or defaming another person. If you feel as though a post containing a scoreboard screenshot has been posted in an attempt to target, inflame or otherwise 'make fun' of a specific player or group of players, please use the forum Report function and our moderators will use their judgement accordingly.

Q: Does this mean that I do not need to obfuscate (blur/black/cover) the names on my screenshots if I'm simply looking to show off my score?

A: Correct, as long as you're posting in the spirit of friendly competition, there shouldn't be an issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users