#41 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 03 November 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

As far as I can tell, in this game there will be no "big lead," just separately run units who will hopefully try to work together, much like any current fantasy MMO. That's what it's sounding like anyway.

Brew,

Until we get some idea of the functioning of this newest endeavor..I feel a wait and see attitude is likely to be the best. One group against the other is just two sides of the same coin. I for one await anxiously for this new game. I myself just want to pilot a mech again. <VBD>

TC

#42 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

I have little patience for a wait an see attitude. Im a firm beliver in C.O.P.
Communication
Organization
Preperation

Sitting back and waiting to see if you need to form a larger unit structure seems to me a bit stupid in the grand scheme, when you can prepare the larger structure to break down into the smaller units, well before the release of the final product.

If this game comes out like the Mechwarrior Series, then the larger structure will be necessary when developing to compete in the leagues like Net Battletech.

If it comes out like ISWars, and EA3025 we still had an overall structure, even though our indivudal Regiments were accomplishing some goals seperatly. This would still allow for stratedgy to be developed by those who are strategically inclined. and if the breakdown of the units goes all the way to the lance level then it will be the RCO's responsibility to keep communicationw ith his indivudal lances, but still coordinate targets in the grand scheme of the game yes?

#43 Alexander Hadrios

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra, Segmentum Solar, Imperium of Man

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

hmmm, i think a middle road might be best. Chances are the veteran leaders will take the lead no matter what, but there should perhaps be some thought on preliminary force division as soon as some league details are released. As long as im not the strategist lol... im much better with tactics=)

#44 Blueduck

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

K-Wa Combine Warriors.

I first started off my journey when I was 4 years old when I was given Mechwarrior 2 as a birthday present. This being the first video game I have ever played, I was chronically addicted. Moving on to Mechwarrior 3 and Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, I have always had a huge passion for Mechwarrior and it has never failed to entertain me.

I ran the handle of Wolf ff and mc in Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries on servers such as NBT-Loki (before it died) and NBT-Sunder for 6 years. After around 5 years of NBT-Sunder, I discovered ISW and took on the name Sarcasm. Sadly, I was only part of ISW for a year when it was slowly dying. I knew Warriors such as TC, Hannibal, Mack, Hunter and Sinthrow.

Currently, I am an avid fan of Starcraft 2. I am a part of my college's Starcraft 2 team in the Collegiate Starleague. If anybody is curious, I am a Masters Protoss.

I am quite sure you guys really don't know who I am, but I am a very capable pilot and I am more than ready fight for the Dragon on the Battlefield.

#45 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

View PostCentsOfFate, on 03 November 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

K-Wa Combine Warriors.

I first started off my journey when I was 4 years old when I was given Mechwarrior 2 as a birthday present. This being the first video game I have ever played, I was chronically addicted. Moving on to Mechwarrior 3 and Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, I have always had a huge passion for Mechwarrior and it has never failed to entertain me.

I ran the handle of Wolf ff and mc in Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries on servers such as NBT-Loki (before it died) and NBT-Sunder for 6 years. After around 5 years of NBT-Sunder, I discovered ISW and took on the name Sarcasm. Sadly, I was only part of ISW for a year when it was slowly dying. I knew Warriors such as TC, Hannibal, Mack, Hunter and Sinthrow.

Currently, I am an avid fan of Starcraft 2. I am a part of my college's Starcraft 2 team in the Collegiate Starleague. If anybody is curious, I am a Masters Protoss.

I am quite sure you guys really don't know who I am, but I am a very capable pilot and I am more than ready fight for the Dragon on the Battlefield.

K-wa Sarcasm-san <B>

Hai! The Dragon needs all its mechwarriors of bushido honor! Welcome my friend.

TC

#46 Nitehawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMy Booth at Shizuka's House of Pain, Wasteland, Montenegro, Solaris

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

View PostKyll Long, on 03 November 2011 - 07:18 AM, said:

Speaking of Treys.... Anyone seen Trey Kirk?

Haven't seen that name float about in ages....

NTK

#47 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

View PostHawkcrest, on 03 November 2011 - 05:43 AM, said:

Yes in Season 2 we operated as the Crescent Hawks spanking the Clans and then taking you guys down ;-)

Actually we lost very little of anything that mattered in Season 2, did not win every battle, but it was not neccessary with the rule set.

#48 el santo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

... where on earth is the delete post function on this thingie? Ah, well. :)

Edited by el santo, 03 November 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#49 battlemaster

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

I’ve always gone by BattleMaster on:
MPBT: Solaris as CXO, Yakuza, House Liao
MPBT: 3025 as BCO, Ryuken, House Kurita

On MPBT: 3025 our Battalion Command Lance in Ryuken consisting of myself, Kromwell, ThoughtPolice and Paralagrat was undefeated to the best of my recollection. I know [DCM] Zues, Hawk and I believe Havoc; also Tarl if he ever surfaces again.

#50 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

Tarl didn't even play ISW, so I don't think he gave you the rank of Tai-Sho there either :)

Hey if its the same Tarl, I played with him on Wolf Clan in NBT. Tarl is a good guy. :D

#51 Red Chaos1

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Well, I'm not nearly as salty and grizzled as many of you here appear to be. I knew of Mechwarrior 2 and 3, etc., but I had never played them. Before I knew of them I did get to see an actual boxed table top BT game and talk to someone who'd played it a bit. The idea of "giant robots" blowing each other to hell was quite intriguing. I didn't get my first taste of play until 3025, where I chose to serve House Kurita, and I mostly played with people I knew from the forums of Ars Technica. I don't think I was exactly renowned, but I seemed to have made a name for myself among the circles I played in; had a small share of challenges, most of which I won. It wasn't until close to the end that I was drafted into the 9th Sword. I don't recall how that came to be, whether I applied or any of that, but I do recall being rather surprised I was allowed in considering how poorly I felt I'd shown myself to Brewer and J-Walk.

I continued to play along with my lance mates until EA committed infanticide. I didn't follow into games like Dark Age of Camelot or anything, but I did make a small effort to get behind ISWars, buying MW4 and a Saitek Cyborg EVO. Sadly it didn't pan out, and I never played. All this time I've just been waiting for something like 3025 to come along. Perhaps this will be it. I am quite excited, and I look forward to fighting with honor alongside my brothers in arms for House Kurita once again.

Edited by Red_Chaos1, 05 November 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#52 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA, Terra, SOL System, Inner Sphere

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Started with Mechwarrior 2 Mercs. From there I was hooked. I love the novels (except Dark Age **** - it can die in a fire); played Mech 2, GBL, and Mech 3. Mechcommander (gold), Mechcommander 2, Mech 4, MW4 black knight, and Mech 4 : Mercs (nowhere near as good as its predecessor). Played a bit in teh pods when they show up at conventions.

I'm a fan of the Battletech board game (miniatures rules FTW), and love collecting/painting mini's.

Hose Kurita has been a favorite ever since I played MW2: mercs. Granted from the word go, they are set up as the baddies... but then suddenly I find myself pulling a defense on Luthien, against Clan SmokeJag and I thought to myself -"hell yeah, you attacked the wrong guys, see these Drac's are real ********, who would sell out my Merc *** in a second. you-are-so-screwed." and I realized, that I really loved these mean SOB's.

#53 Yergerjo

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

I have been involved and following Battletech since the mid 90's. My first introduction was the cartoon, followed shortly thereafter by the Mechwarrior TCG and Mechwarrior 2.

I have played through the Mechwarrior 4 series as well as the Mechassault series. I also play the table-top board game.

Gunsho Joseph Yerger-san, 5th Sword of Light
For the Coordinator and the Glory of the Dragon!

#54 Darth Krayt

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

I have only played one mech game...believe it was Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. Never played in leagues or online but wish I had. Stumbled across this site and was excited. Gonna feel good to get back in the cockpit. Looking forward to working with you all.

#55 Sheogorath

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

I have played all the mechwarrior games, the first mechassault plus the mech commander games. Ive more recently gotten into the tabletop game and have delved into the battletech lore (so much to catch up on). I still hope for the unseen but if not I could easily handle a DC specific mech

#56 Red Chaos1

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

View Postbattlemaster, on 03 November 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

I’ve always gone by BattleMaster on:
MPBT: Solaris as CXO, Yakuza, House Liao
MPBT: 3025 as BCO, Ryuken, House Kurita

On MPBT: 3025 our Battalion Command Lance in Ryuken consisting of myself, Kromwell, ThoughtPolice and Paralagrat was undefeated to the best of my recollection. I know [DCM] Zues, Hawk and I believe Havoc; also Tarl if he ever surfaces again.

I dropped many many times with Kromwell and ThoughtPolice. Great guys they were. I was sad to see them get into a clan and have less time for us to drop and lay waste to our enemies.

#57 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Greetings one and all. My character name and profile belongs to my first and only mechwarrior. T.S. Hawk or Thomas Satoshi Hawk born on Dela Cruz in the year 3020. My real name is Chris though and I have been playing BT since 1987. The only mechwarrior video game I played was Mechwarrior 4. I have always been fond of most things Japan since I was a child and kind of fell in love with House Kurita. It also seemed a natural fit for me.

I will do up the rest of my characters little story and how he founded Hawk's Ronin tomorrow but for now I am going to bed and also I hope to get to know everybody in this house better.

#58 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

I got my start playing tabletop Battletech. Played every Mechwarrior PC game title up until as long as MPBT: Solaris lasted. Started playing Solaris on AOL hourly pay. Spent way to much on that and made the move to Gamestorm. Picked up an alter-ego in the form of MPBT Owl, working as a Helper on AOL and Gamestorm. In my incognito capacity on AOL, I was GoDoT *SAS*. On Gamestorm I played as Kaijin and settled into House Kurita, starting out as a Chu-i in the 3rd Benjamin, where I mainly spent my time teaching recruits the ins and outs of the CPLT-C1 and how to both deliver and avoid the deathly 4ML rear torso strike from above.

As I took a liking to House protocol and actually enjoyed teaching, the Sun Zhang mechwarrior academy soon took an interest in me, making me a Sensei for the academy. By day I taught rudimentary Japanese and the honorable methods of warfare, and by night I traded in my CPLT-C1 for a DRG-1C and moonlighted as Zephyr, member of The Black Roses, a Merc unit contracted to HK that didn't have any qualms about targeting whatever part of the enemy mech that would take it down the quickest (read as cockpit or legs). Some time thereafter I was given the position of CXO and the rank of Tai-i. I rose through the ranks in the SZMA, reaching Tai-sa and a battalion command shortly before EA ruined it for everybody.

I didn't bother with the beta. The writing was on the wall. I really haven't played any battletech games since MPBT:Solaris. The community there was so great. We took an arena game and turned it into the succession wars! That's hard to top.

Edited by Kaijin, 05 November 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#59 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostKaijin, on 05 November 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

I got my start playing tabletop Battletech. Played every Mechwarrior PC game title up until as long as MPBT: Solaris lasted. Started playing Solaris on AOL hourly pay. Spent way to much on that and made the move to Gamestorm. Picked up an alter-ego in the form of MPBT Owl, working as a Helper on AOL and Gamestorm. In my incognito capacity on AOL, I was GoDoT *SAS*. On Gamestorm I played as Kaijin and settled into House Kurita, starting out as a Chu-i in the 3rd Benjamin, where I mainly spent my time teaching recruits the ins and outs of the CPLT-C1 and how to both deliver and avoid the deathly 4ML rear torso strike from above.

As I took a liking to House protocol and actually enjoyed teaching, the Sun Zhang mechwarrior academy soon took an interest in me, making me a Sensei for the academy. By day I taught rudimentary Japanese and the honorable methods of warfare, and by night I traded in my CPLT-C1 for a DRG-1C and moonlighted as Zephyr, member of The Black Roses, a Merc unit contracted to HK that didn't have any qualms about targeting whatever part of the enemy mech that would take it down the quickest (read as cockpit or legs). Some time thereafter I was given the position of CXO and the rank of Tai-i. I rose through the ranks in the SZMA, reaching Tai-sa and a battalion command shortly before EA ruined it for everybody.

I didn't bother with the beta. The writing was on the wall. I really haven't played any battletech games since MPBT:Solaris. The community there was so great. We took an arena game and turned it into the succession wars! That's hard to top.

You obviously never played Net Battletech League ;-)

#60 GryphonTA

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

I played with TigerAxe in MPBT:Solaris and 3025. I don't remember my chain of command above them :) it has been way too long.

I do remember you Paladin, and Tarl Cabot, and HipCat. Those were the days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users