34 replies to this topic

#1 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFighting the good fight on an undesclosed planet

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have been a member of clan wolf for a while and I have found our history extremely interesting, yet one event has eluded me. I have yet to find details on the refusal war. I know we lost, but little else and I know it's on MW2, but it's not compatible with my computer.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

This should help http://web.archive.o...ultraforce.org/

Let it load, takes a couple seconds, next click clans at the top and the entry for Refusal War.

Edited by CoffiNail, 07 September 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#3 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

The Refusal War is pretty much detailed in the following novels:

Natural Selection (not part of the Refusal War, but most certainly a catalyst for it)

Bred for War
"Malicious Intent" and "I am Jade Falcon" (companion novels)

I suggest reading them if you can somehow get them. They really get you into the spirit of the setting.

#4 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

There is also a scenario pack entitled The Wolf & The Falcon which details the actual battles.

#5 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Didn't happen.......

#6 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Gremlich, which year did time in the Battletech Universe stop moving for you? I'm just curious to know.

#7 Ralen Sharr

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostTorrance, on 07 September 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

I have been a member of clan wolf for a while and I have found our history extremely interesting, yet one event has eluded me. I have yet to find details on the refusal war. I know we lost, but little else and I know it's on MW2, but it's not compatible with my computer.

Wolf won the refusal war

#8 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

You sure about that? The way I remember it going down was the Wolf Clan was sundered into two halves and the Crusader faction was, if only for a short time, absorbed by Clan Jade Falcon.

#9 Jimskiavic

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOn the 'Panoho'

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Though generally referred to as having ended in a loss for the Wolves (and pyrrhic victory for Jade Falcon), I would argue that it actually 'ended inconclusively' (or perhaps still has not actually finished!), without a definitive, legal result being able to be reached.

Jade Falcon didn't defeat/destroy the Wolves, they merely managed to avoid complete defeat themselves (as the war primarily consisted of Wolf invading Jade Falcon space). And with Ulric dead, perhaps resolving the charges against him could be considered moot (the circumstances of his death invalidating any claim to victory in the Trial by Jade Falcon that could be made from it).

Edited by Jimskiavic, 12 September 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#10 Alaric Howard

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

View PostRalen Sharr, on 12 September 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Wolf won the refusal war

Star Adder won. At least they would've if I'd been there for no reason in particular other than wanting to womp on Jade Falcon.

#11 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostAlaric Howard, on 13 September 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Star Adder won. At least they would've if I'd been there for no reason in particular other than wanting to womp on Jade Falcon.

Pre-Burrock absorption, the Star Adders would be completely destroyed by Clan Jade Falcon.

#12 Targun Darklighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBroken Wheel Federated Commonwealth

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Wolf lost and be came the Jade Wolf till Vlad showed back up. he then kills Elias Crichell in a cricle of equals. Vlad then reforms Clan Wolf and my personal Fav mech warrior in named Khan of cClan Jada (Chicken) Falcon. Marthe Pryde. her death was very much a let down just as Natasha kerensky death was.

#13 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

You forgot that Vlad also killed Vandervhan Chistu. ;)

#14 Alaric Howard

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 13 September 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

Pre-Burrock absorption, the Star Adders would be completely destroyed by Clan Jade Falcon.

But we did get Burrock. Hehe. :D

#15 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostAlaric Howard, on 18 October 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

But we did get Burrock. Hehe. ;)

There might be some spoilers in Wars of Reaving concerning Clan Burrock...

#16 Khanhran Vickers

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'd call it a win for Clan Wolf, they bled out the weaker Crusader Wolves and ruined any hope Jade Falcon had of renewing it's assault on the Inner Sphere. The Warden Wolves also united with the Kell Hounds, getting them closer to protecting Earth then they'd ever been, and they safe guard the genetic legacy of the Clan. Yes the remaining Crusader Wolves where absorbed but that's no loss to the Wardens. They were better off without them anyway, seeing as the Cruisader Wolves were stupid enough to **** off the strongest of the remaining Warden Clans after reforming and nearly got annihilated by Clan Ghost Bear.

#17 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

here's a summary of what I was told:

Jade Falcons said it was Clan Wolf's fault for accepting the terms of the Trial on Tukayyid and challenged the leadership qualities of IlKahn (leader of both clan wolf, and all clans at the time) Ulrich Kerensky.

Ulric disagreed with their claims, but knew that if he had used his position of power to deny their Trial of Refusal, he wouldn't be seen as a leader who made decisions for the good of the clans, but rather the good of his own interests.

Therefore, he bid all of clan wolf against all of Jade Falcon.
Clan Wolf was able to win on Planet Ironhold, and effectively won the trial, however, Ulric Kerensky's Keshik (command lance so-to-say) was ambushed by a group of Jade Falcon mechs, Killing Ilkahn Ulric Kerensky, and Violating Clan Laws of Combat.

both Phalen Kell and Valdimir ward survived, but now, Clan Wolf was without a leader... and so where all the clans. Worst of all, the Kahn of Jade Falcon was next in line.

from what I remember, the Jade Falcon attackers where killed for their crimes, however, it was considered that Clan Wolf had no choice but to forfeit their position in the trial, and join the cause of the Jade Falcons. Vladimir ward was promoted to Kahn of Clan Wolf, while Phalen Kell fled to the Inner Sphere with any who beleived that the Warden way was more important than following orders, while Vladimir Ward bit his tongue and accepted the motion.

NOTE: I couldn't find the article I got this information from, so if I made a mistake, PLEASE correct me

#18 Alymbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Sarna - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Refusal_War

Its all there. Have fun

#19 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostCasvil Rem Deikun, on 18 October 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

They were better off without them anyway, seeing as the Cruisader Wolves were stupid enough to **** off the strongest of the remaining Warden Clans after reforming and nearly got annihilated by Clan Ghost Bear.

;) ;) ;) :D I would usually be more polite about this, but I am in work & it is too early for this ****. What nonsense are you talking about?

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 19 October 2012 - 01:16 AM.

#20 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 19 October 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

:P :ph34r: :ph34r: :wacko: I would usually be more polite about this, but I am in work & it is too early for this ****. What nonsense are you talking about?
I'm also curious. The ghost bears had a scuffle with the wolves but I'd hardly call it "Near annihilation".

Also to clarify a point: sakahn Phelan Ward was ordered to take his forces into exile by Ulric.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users