Looking for gamers over 25

217 replies to this topic

#21 Leopold Garrity

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Greetings my fellow Kuritans.

First I present to you, this http://leopoldgarrit...llery/#/d47645x My take on our noble symbol. Enjoy Cite me if you use it.

We are mech warriors, what does that mean? It means we are Mech Warriors! Those who pilot the great steel behemoths, waging combat on all shores and on all stars, none shall stand before us; we are a brotherhood of warriors of pilots and even of enemies.

None can meet our skills none can defeat us, only another warrior understands us, only another master of the battle mech can speak to us. We are always there ready for war, ready to fight and defend our houses and our homelands.

Wielding thunder and lighting, leaded death.. wielding pure force itself, bringing to bear the raw might of a thousand cannonballs and untold swords we fight.. we battle and we die, why do we die? Because we are Mech Warriors, the brotherhood, the alliance of honor and also of death.

We are immortal in our times, we are masters who are mastered, we rise to our hights and fall as fast as a comet when we fail, we struggle and serve, we battle and we plan.. Kings of the battleground, masters of our fate, We Are Mech warriors.

Through rain and fire, through cold and death, through ends and beginnings, we fight and we win; we take on all fields of combat and on all levels of war. Steel angels, steel daemons, we are Mech Warriors.

Though honored by some, hated by others and relied on by still more; we hold to our path, we remain fighters and pure, we carry within us the granted and earned right to bloodshed in the name of Honor, as knights of the old way, as hidden hero's we fight and we Are.

We Are Mech Warriors. What Are You?

My record thus far http://leopoldgarrit...set=168#/dk9dek Using my alternate name. Rank has been advanced in our last series of major games to Sho-Sa. Depending on what the group entails I'd be glad to lend my command experience to the unit.

#22 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

I will be 25 this year... 25 seems so young lol. 25歳が若いだと思う。

#23 Shepp

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yeah I would love to be with people my own age for a change so sign me up.

#24 Zerik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

While I do enjoy playing with more mature crowds more often, and my absolute best experiences in Planetside were fighting in an Outfit made mostly of age 30+ ex military types...
Afraid my humble age of 21 (likely to be 22 by the time MW:O is out) excludes me from this one.

#25 sceptrum

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

I'd be up for a Kurita group of people over 25 years of age. 29 myself.

#26 Travers

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'm 34, but don't want to fight for the Dracs.

#27 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostFireNova, on 29 February 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Or you could simply join ~SJ~ if thats the case. :) More than enough room in ~SJ~ for any Jaguar regardless of which Smoke Jaguar Clan you came from.

Either way us Jaguars need to stick together so that we can roundhouse Kurita and bring true glory to the Word of Norris Clan Smoke Jaguar!

Besides, I think House Kurita will have MORE than enough warriors to fill their ranks as it is, let alone some of the devs might favor the Combine regardless. :mellow:

*Kuritan ninjas arrive*

i hear u on that but then theres the problem of i have gone throught an won my trial of blood rights an i have taken the blood name Simon Osis, im currently a star colonel i would have no problems with starting at the bottum of the lader again but i refuse to lose or give up my blood name

#28 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostKuruptU4Fun, on 22 February 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Small/teen children who scream obsenities, team kill, exploit, or do nothing to help their teammates in the game.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but grown people do this just as much and are as easy to **** off.

#29 Ty Cannon

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

It's all good! Thanks for the info. Like some of us we all are waiting for the game to come out and I'm sure we will all renew old teammates and invite new ones in to the fold. All you new ones better be working out cause basic training will not be easy...LOL! happy hunting!

MPBT Ty Cannon <Ymir> RMD*HK
MW4 Ty Cannon <Draaguns>

#30 Kanus Stalker

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I am absolutly thinkingabout it now my friend I do so love the cultural aspects of Kurita and in fact it will probably be good seing how I have always played a clanner over IS and how Kurita are the red headed step children in the IS it sonds like a perfect Fit. Please keep in touch so we can team up when it goes live. ill be honest I am and really never been much of oneto post on any games forums. But I will do my best to check in here from time to time. :)

#31 NeoDac

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 82 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

To the Tim that replied to the topic Greifers are a different topic they are people who actively set out to cause trouble Timmies are just immature players without the sense to understand what they are doing.. yes i can commiserate with you on the fact its your name but its a fairly venerable term... look up the card Timmy Power Gamer for magic the gathering the reason you probably havent heard it before is that well its an older gamers term and only they use it the younger generations come up with their own terminologies which is how newbie became newb became noob at a guess the new generation name will be Leroys (we all know why) Timmies predates much of multiplayer video gaming and probably hails from tabletops and while still valid is dying out

#32 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Sounds good. I'm 37 and a long time table top Battletech player.

And I'm DCMS to the core. Ryuken-ni.

Edited by Charles Martel, 04 March 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#33 Stedfast

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAmerican ex patriot living in Australia!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Lol, I'm a 40 year old, married with children fan of Mechwarrior. I'm not necessarily a "gamer" because this is the only game I'm willing to invest some time in playing.

#34 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Yeah sure, I cam chill with you guys when things get up and running.

#35 Mad Hulk

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

View Postqunqiyah, on 22 February 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

25? shoot, i started playing about 25 years ago!

I was about to say "man you have been playing for a long time" then I started to count how many years I have been playing. In my head "oh God" it was about 25. Then I swore and laughed at myself.

#36 Colonel Bogey

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Wow. I know that it is sometime hard to play games with a younger generation, but really. I am surprised that you would discriminate players because of their age. In all truth age does have a lot to do with maturity, however, you do find gamers much older than I being royal jack *****. If that is maturity then I might have to, how should I put it, "L.O.L".

#37 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

While I hope your group is successful in this game. I have to say:
Age =/= Maturity.
I've met a massive number of 21-24 year olds that are better men and women then most of 25+.
I've always felt that the guild who put that high an age limit tend to put too much in age and not enough in experience. OldTimerGuild comes to mind. I've always looked and shook my head that they are losing out on some valuable insight.

Just my 2cents.
Catch ya on the flip side.

#38 Colonel Bogey

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostBlackfire1, on 04 March 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

While I hope your group is successful in this game. I have to say:
Age =/= Maturity.
I've met a massive number of 21-24 year olds that are better men and women then most of 25+.
I've always felt that the guild who put that high an age limit tend to put too much in age and not enough in experience. OldTimerGuild comes to mind. I've always looked and shook my head that they are losing out on some valuable insight.

Just my 2cents.
Catch ya on the flip side.

Elegantly put. I am more blunt. Well I hope these guys find what they are looking for anyways. I am just really shocked that even though I have been playing mechwarrior games for quite a while myself, and even watched my bro play when I was nothing but a waste of space. I like the game, respect its creators and contributors. I just do not see how this would be contributing to the growing community. Shouldn't their be a level of respect for new comers to the franchise. How do we expect them to stay?

#39 blacksteel59

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

hey im older than 25. i wouldnt mind joining you at all. im new to much of this but im game for it. latel ive been doing the battletech play after a 7 years "break"

#40 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Ok, let me just put those who have a difference of opinion to the posts I've made to bed as best as possible.
I belong to a website called 2Old2Play.com. It's a site for gamers over the age of 25. Besides that being about the only condition to joining the site I realize there are people who are 30 who act like 13 year olds and vice versa. I'm just more comfortable with people closer to my age. I found that at 2Old2play and have friends who I play a variety of games with from there. I don't care if other people who I meet here and play with join that website or not, it's their peroggative.

Whether you're a greifer, timmy, jackass, or rage quitter. I don't want to deal with childish antics coming from a 10 year old or even an older person. Just found that playing with a group of people with similar interests starting with age makes weeding out the previous list a lot easier than jumping around from room to room muting those who can't mute themselves, then having to meticulously find a group of friends that way. I'd rather start out this way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users