810 replies to this topic

#1 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Interested in seeing how many grizzled old battletech/mechwarrior veterans are out there like me. I will be 46 this year and have been playing/gaming for 33 years now, I remember when battletech first came out when I was a senior in high school (1984), played the first battletech computer game crescent hawks inception and every battletech/mechwarrior game ever since. So........... who's gonna own up to being an old gamer like me :-)

Yours in blood and honor
Kensai the wandering warrior

#2 NoSaucePlz

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUnited America of States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Wow that is old school lol. I've been around a little while. Started playing mw3 offline and online in MW4 Vengeance. Remember my first clan was {SK} in Scorpion Kings in Vengeance in 2001. Cheerz

ÇøN™

#3 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

54 now, you whippersnapper. Started early 80's w/TT

#4 Ender97

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

only 33 but have bin playing since I was 8.

#5 BduSlammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

ill be 60 when this game comes out been playing when it was called battledroids

#6 Ty Cannon

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Im 52 started playing the board game earlier 80's when I joined the Military then found Battletech (MPBT) on AOL .99 an hour which was great so I thought LOL! Adds up $350.00 a month had to cut back. Played MPBT on Gamestorm 9.99 a month which was cheaper hehehe. Then played MW3 and MW4 unit was Draaguns then finally stopped after my oldest took over. See ya around ya old timers!

#7 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

Looks like fossils can be reborn. 55 here been playing online games since the teletype chess games in the 70's got in to board games in the late 70's and Battletech Original board game in my basement was a 1984 Christmas present from my spouse. I have over 300 of the minis and a 4x 8 sand table with moveable hexes to play weekend warrior as well as the online games that take me back a good 17 years now. Battletech, Mech Commander, Gold and 2 MechWarrior 2-4 with all the pacs even the early Earth Seige 2 I have all the disks in playable condition and still kick them around from time to time MW4 Mercenaries is still keeping my Joystick skills up to date (hoping this will as well) Love the genre and await the launch. Still a skeptic on the quality and the final product to many games of the week in the last few years just left me wanting. I hope this is different and not just a money pit that grows stale in a few weeks.

But Hi Everyone, looking forward to roasting a few of you once or twice anyway. I do hope they improve the lance drop, don't think my knees will take some of those hard landings of the past any more. Don’t want to be gimping it around a planet all day

#8 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

Wow, I'm only 40... I thought I was one of the old guys on this forum. Glad to see I'm in good company.

#9 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'm only 23 years old, but I've been playing mechwarrior games since 1995 when I was 6. So 17 years of mechwarrioring makes me a vet, I would think, not an old one though :) . Not a battletech boardgame vet though. Haven't had the chance to play with anyone ever. Not even sure my local TT game store has ever stock it.

Edited by Alan Grant, 28 February 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#10 Kaine Vulpayne

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 28 February 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Wow, I'm only 40... I thought I was one of the old guys on this forum. Glad to see I'm in good company.

That was my thought also, but with 35 I seem to be in the greenhorn range of the age spectrum :-P
I started with MW2, I own several hardware handbooks, but never played the TT.
And I pretty much read all novels from the pre-dark-age period (and already forgot most of it :/ ).

On a side note this thread so far looks like the community would not be dominated by ADHS lol-kiddies in Atlasses.
Very promising so far...

#11 The Madcat

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 23 posts
  • Location*Chuckles* Like I'd ever tell you...

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

I'm 16 and 1/2. I started playing when I was 4 yrs old and turned out to be a natural tactician in MW 2 and 3. I now play mostly first person shooters but I still have those two lying around somewhere.

#12 Whippetsnapper

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

38. I've been playing since 1989 or so. I remember the 3050 book rolling. Good times.
I played a TON in college with a great friend, and we ran the conventions that were there.

I've played all of the PC Mechwarrior titles. I'm kind of stuck in the past though. I never got into Dark Age.

Hey Alan, try out Megamek if you want a taste of the boardgame. The bot is terrible...but all of the rules are in there for the boardgame, and it's freeware.

#13 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm 45, graduated HS in 1985 and have been playing since it was Battledroids. Nice to see you other old farts on here.
Stay crotchety boys.
Posted Image

#14 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

I wouldn't judge the age book by this thread just yet, Kaine. So far we have 13 posts out of what... almost 57,000 registered posters. I know there are a LOT more old-timers out there than this, but I'm just sayin'. :) Alright, I already need to unsub this thread... inbox is crazy this morning.

#15 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

You're right KW.......there are alot of us "elder statesman" here.......I think most of us will make our presence known when the shoot'in starts........lol......<s>

#16 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

LOL thinking about the topic it might have been more productive in the general category rather than in faction. Oh well, they say the first two things to go as you get older is your mind and I forget what else :-) Good to know I am not THE oldest gamer but that I am among good company regardless. My gaming started with D&D @ 13 and took off from there, I am a multiplatform gamer, from roleplaying, tabletop, to console and PC. You name it I have probably played it or at least know about it.

Kensai the wandering warrior

#17 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

Only 37 with 15 years on BT . :)

#18 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

i thought my 30 would be old with all the 14s around ^^
as my sig shows, i play BT games since mpbt and mw2 :)
we always had mix of age up to some 40s already back in that time.

#19 Arnold Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, NRW, Germany

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostBduSlammer, on 26 February 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

ill be 60 when this game comes out been playing when it was called battledroids

You really saved my day! :)
At an age of 44 myself, I'd still be one of the youngsters when MWO gets live! :D

#20 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostWhippetsnapper, on 28 February 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hey Alan, try out Megamek if you want a taste of the boardgame. The bot is terrible...but all of the rules are in there for the boardgame, and it's freeware.

I have megamek, been watching its development for a few years now. I have nobody in my town [that I know of] who likes battletech/mechwarrior as much as I do, which is my main problem. I own the introductory box set, had a few games, with my niece as punishment for misbehaviour... Everything is either DnD or GTFO, and bit of warhammer at the local stores. Besides, I still get my butt kicked by the [terrible] bot AI on megamek. :)

Edited by Alan Grant, 28 February 2012 - 10:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users