May Blake Cripe, my closest friend, Rest in Peace.

38 replies to this topic

#1 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi guys, well, my good friend, Blake Cripe, at the age of 16, just committed suicide. This thread is to honor him, and any who wish to pay their last respects, to my good friend, and maybe offer support in this time. I would appreciate you guys support, so thank you. As part of me honoring him, I will do his Mandalorian last rites that most of my clan does.

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la. Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum. Mando'ad draar digur. Re'turcye mhi, ner vod.

(Not gone, merely marching far away. I'm still alive, but you are dead. I remember you so you are eternal. A Mandalorian never forgets. Maybe we'll see each other again, my brother.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

A brief description of him: He was small, scrawny, and had the look of someone who could rough just about anything. And in spite of all that, the kid was born with rheumatoid arthritis, and had been suffering from it since. We were the closest of friends since grade school, and the reason we stuck together was the fact that we had both one thing in common, we both were considered freaks to society. Me I was freakishly huge for my age, a small giant, and him with his arthritis, and smaller stature. We both felt like we could take on the world, and now, my wingman, ner vod, my lance mate, is sadly departed, after 16 years of suffering to his pain.

Edited by guardian wolf, 27 February 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#2 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

#3 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'm very sorry. Know that our thoughts are with you, and with him and his family.

#4 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Sorry to hear that Wolf.

I've seen you around here and I've thought of you as good people so I am guessing he was of a similar passion and disposition.

If he could see you now he would see a friend who has reached down and picked up the torch to continue onwards

#5 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Sincerest sympathies. Few things are harder than losing a friend like that.

#6 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

My condolences for your loss Wolf. Friends are truly something special, even more so those whom we have known for many years. They shape us, they have a hand in who we are and become. They are there through hardship and joyous times. My love of Ghost Bear heavily falls upon their bond of family and friendship, the fact they mourn the loss of comrades and keep sure to remember them. You have my support brother, for your friend is never gone but to lose them is hard just the same. The memories of who he was will burn inside your mind, and his friendship will bring a smile during times of hardship, the memory of some wonderful time, or a saying he once told you. May you cherish his memory always, for he will always yours.

Friends are truly something special, I will keep a moment of silence for your friend tonight. May he find peace from his pain, and his spirit find rest.

#7 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

My heart goes out to you, Wolf. It is hard enough to lose a loved one, but a loved one's suicide is one of the most troubling things many of us will ever have to face. I have been there, too; I offer you my support and best wishes. You can contact me by PM if you feel the need to talk to someone.

May Blake's soul rest peacefully in the heaven of his choosing.

Edited by glory, 27 February 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#8 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

My greatest condolences. We're all here for you in spirit and in prayer.

#9 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

My deepest condolences go out to you and his family during this incredibly hard time, Guardian Wolf. You are all in my prayers.

#10 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Man, I'm having a hard time coming up with something to say, so here goes...

Kudos to Blake for trying his best to rough it out as long as he did. I am sorry that it did not work out in the end. May his days be better wherever he goes. I am flattered that you are willing to share something this close to the community here and will give whatever support I can.

I cannot really add anything that someone else has already said.
But I am sure he will appreciate that you at least still care enough to keep his memory with you and share it with others. :)

And to Blake: Wherever you are, keep on trucking, man!

#11 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Immense and profound sadness, crushing loss for those who knew him, I am truly silent in sorrow for your friend. May the gods keep him.

#12 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

I am sorry for your loss, you have my condolences.

#13 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

Many blessings and well wishes to you guardian wolf.

>salute<

#14 GuntherK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

My sincere condolences !
I wish you the strenght to carry on to a full and acomplished life Guardian Wolf.

P.S. Many times people that refer to themselves as "freaks" during puberty and high school turn out to be briliant persons later in life. I was a classic school nerd and now i am very well. Dont worry too much about that, just do your things as good as you can and you will turn out fine.

#15 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

Sorry for your loss.

#16 GDL Rahsan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

My deepest and most sincere condolences, Guardian Wolf.

May his soul rest in peace, I can't really think of anything else to say I am not the type of a good speaker when it comes to this stuff I just hope that his family can cope with his passing and know that he will be in our prayers.

Edited by GDL Rahsan, 28 February 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#17 acheronlv426

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. My mother-in-law passed away a few days ago on Valentines Day after a battle with cancer. For me the consolation is knowing that they are no longer in pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

#18 Bronsk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts
  • LocationJackson, Mississippi

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

Sincerest regrets on the passing of your friend, brother and comrade in arms. It's never easy losing someone you care about. The only solace is that he no longer feels the pain that haunted him his whole life, he is free. My thoughts go out to you and Blake's family. You are a true friend to share this with us. May his memory live long past our bones.

#19 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

Sorry for your loss.

#20 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

Super-sorry about Blake. I'll be sure to have a few drinks in his honor today.

I know that whatever I say is going to be weak and impotent, but I hope that my condolences will help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users