• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:15 PM

What other games are like mwo out now?

Slower shooter, mutiplayer, customize

Getting to the point late night were not finding group q matches.

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

The only thing that comes close to(and in some ways is more realistic) would be Vox Machinae on Steam. I have to confess have played it at most 10s of hours but what I did was fun and in some ways felt like a more accurate simulator of what it would be like to pilot a giant walking machine. It also supports VR, which laughably enough will not exist in MW5. Nope not going to get worked up into a tizzy on how many features should be in in that game by default. Hard barf.

Give yourself a break and play No Man’s Sky. The Beyond Patch has made the game so much fun and mostly added that missing magic. Had it since launch and can safely say it is better than ever.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 30 August 2019 - 10:05 PM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:55 AM

i still got my quake 3 arena disc somewhere.

#4 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:04 AM

Not on PC no. At least for mech games. Slow shooter games do encompass war games, such as War Thunder, World of Tanks, and World of Warships. I might say the best slow shooter-war simulator games right now on PC would be War Thunder or World of Warships, and how you choose, is whether your prefer aircraft, tank or ship as your fanboi focus.

Mobile. Plenty yes. The success of War Robots led to a flock of imitators but none of them really stood up under the test of time, or demonstrated the same evolution, variety and triple AAA finish as War Robots did, with the game probably having a 100 million downloads between Android and iOS. However, I personally find War Robots having become suffocatingly pay to win after success spoiled it from its modest beginnings. The War Robots art work reminds you of that Dragonfire thread that seems to pop up once in a while.

Leech is not just the name of the next incoming War Robots (and meta) but a good description of the game itself.

Among those trying to rival War Robots is the game Battle of Titans, which technically I think is among the best mech games yet. This was founded by former Pixonic employees after Pixonic, the creators of War Robots, went under Mail.ru and gradually turned into a P2W path. BoT is good to explore because it demonstrates what a mech game under the Unreal Engine would look like, even as it handles mobile resources. It has mechs that fly and yes, mechs with four and six legs. This game is most similar to MWO with its sector damage. However, with little funds, the game's development seems to have slowed to a crawl.

The Nelly throws out "LRMs".

The game I'm playing now is anime battle royale called Super Mecha Champions. I would call this an anime simulator because everything on it is meant to give an anime look and feel and is consistent to anime tropes. The mecha in the game also represents various subgenre mecha tropes, from the Gundam type to the Shoji Kawamori style of mecha. I find the finish of the game to be incredible, matched with great artwork, music and overall attention to detail. If you picked the English version, all the dubbing in the game reverts to English, and you might recognize voices common from dubbed anime.

The servers still lag, and while an NA server has been introduced, an EU server is lacking. There is still a few bugs here and there, resulting in characters getting stuck, which is why it hasn't gone full out in release yet. But the game has potential. I am not sure if you can consider the game a slow shooter as it has both fast and slow shooting moments. The game isn't pay to win, its entirely skill based, but you do have to gacha for the skins. All the mechs you gradually earn, except for their skins, and they are balanced but with distinct styles.

I think SMC is the best anime style robot game since Armored Core. I think its more faithful to the anime trope than say, some Gundam games. Speaking of which however, Gundam Battle Operations 2 has been announced for the West, and I am looking forward to that. This is for the PS4 and I expect it to be out before the year's end.

The universe is restricted to the Gundam UC timeline, so no Wing Gundam and things like that. Just classic Gundams with Zakus and GMs and all that. There is plenty of melee too. I'll be looking forward to this one.

Edited by Anjian, 31 August 2019 - 02:07 AM.

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 30 August 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

What other games are like mwo out now?

There's been quite a few games over the years which, through similar developer apathy and slapdash coding, also failed to deliver on their potential.

Carrier Command Gaea Mission, by Bohemia Interactive, for instance.

Edited by Appogee, 31 August 2019 - 02:13 AM.

#6 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:02 AM

Dreadnought
Mechwarrior: Living Legends

#7 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:10 AM

Try Mech Merc Company!

https://www.kickstar...ch-merc-company

#8 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:25 AM

Many of the team members I've played MWO with went to WoWs.... Then, they left that to.... At the moment, almost all of my friends are getting away from any games that focus on vehicles it seems....

As many have said above, there are other vehicle games out there. The issue is that MWO has such a strong IP hook, the others just don't compare sometimes..... What a waste our host has created......for no reason other than just being dorky.

If you want to visit WoWs, I'm still there and drop me a line....

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 30 August 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

The only thing that comes close to(and in some ways is more realistic) would be Vox Machinae on Steam. I

That definitely looks interesting. However, it is an early access game and I have had my fill of those ...

#10 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:28 AM

For vehicle based shooter combat i'd say go retro. Nothing is like mwo very much. Go find the lucasarts' tie and x-wing series,arma 3 with mods,the older mw titles all I can think of. I've been playing farcry primal since I just got it for seven bucks with its dlc on sale.

#11 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

Is it time yet?
Posted Image

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Thank you everyone for the Ideas !

#13 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:16 PM

This game was never released to the West but comes closest to what I think a mech game should be all about. Just all chaos and death all around you.

It puts the massive online in its battles with its 50 vs. 50 player battles. Not kidding. Its 50 vs. 50.

Mobile Suit Gundam Online.

Edited by Anjian, 31 August 2019 - 05:18 PM.

#14 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

If you can get it to work, check out the Heavy Gear series (the old ones), especially Heavy Gear 2. It's fantastic. Tons of weapons, lot of "mechs" (they're more like giant battle-suits than actual mechs, mind you), awesome controls, customization is almost as varied as MWO, great story quests and if you play multiplayer during X'mas, all your mechs will be wearing Santa Hats.

#15 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

If you can get your actuators on a modded ps 3 cheaply. I highly recommend Macross : Voices across the galaxy.

It's great, and really the spark of Robotech and Battletech and Mechwarrior with the Mech designs.

Chromehounds came close, but alas they shut the doors like MWO will be soon. Single player is still great.

Armored Core : Master of Arena is what I wanted for arena combat in the Mecha world.

Fortnite : with the B.R.U.T.E. mech is the only online game currently p vs p that allows combined infantry and mechs. (It feels like the mecha from Battlefield 2142, which isn't a bad thing.)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes

Mech-cellent!

#16 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

View PostDar1ng One, on 31 August 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

If you can get your actuators on a modded ps 3 cheaply. I highly recommend Macross : Voices across the galaxy.

It's great, and really the spark of Robotech and Battletech and Mechwarrior with the Mech designs.

Chromehounds came close, but alas they shut the doors like MWO will be soon. Single player is still great.

Armored Core : Master of Arena is what I wanted for arena combat in the Mecha world.

Fortnite : with the B.R.U.T.E. mech is the only online game currently p vs p that allows combined infantry and mechs. (It feels like the mecha from Battlefield 2142, which isn't a bad thing.)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes

Mech-cellent!

Super Mecha Champions already does robots vs. humans in battle royale play. Unlike Fortnite + Brute, the mecha are an integral part of the game. The mecha are not random loot you find in the battlefield, but instead, every player can call upon, pick one of the mechs in a pallet, which is teleported to your location and which you jump in instantly. Its almost like the player transforms into the mech.

You can transform out of the mech too. The mechs can respawn after a cool down time, but when the game reaches Ace Time, you only have one life left to your mech.

The human does not respawn. If you lost your human avatar, its match over for you.

The game is well balanced for humans vs. mechs. While mechs have the fundamental advantage, when you are a human, you still have the tools to take down a mech, and doing so feels glorious.
This is a very new game that was only released at the end of July globally. So not a lot of people know about it. Yet.

There is solo play, squad play, duo play, and team deathmatch.

The game does not cost you anything to play other than to gacha for rare mech and avatar skins, which looks cool but merely cosmetic, does not enhance stats.

Edited by Anjian, 31 August 2019 - 08:22 PM.

#17 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:26 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 30 August 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

The only thing that comes close to(and in some ways is more realistic) would be Vox Machinae on Steam. I have to confess have played it at most 10s of hours but what I did was fun and in some ways felt like a more accurate simulator of what it would be like to pilot a giant walking machine. It also supports VR, which laughably enough will not exist in MW5. Nope not going to get worked up into a tizzy on how many features should be in in that game by default. Hard barf.

Give yourself a break and play No Man’s Sky. The Beyond Patch has made the game so much fun and mostly added that missing magic. Had it since launch and can safely say it is better than ever.

So I just went to check out Vox Machinae.. looks great, quite similar to MWO in it's earlier stages.. but the devs must have been reading these forums, or just have more common sense, because:

"AI bots are available to play against offline, or to fill empty slots on online servers."

This simple feature would bring MWO right back to life I think.. or if MWO had this a few years ago, it would never have gotten this bad..

P.S.

A quick look at this game's promo video also revealed quad mechs and inverse kinetics.. just saying..

P.P.S. The Dev team of this game is situated in Vanvouver.. so I'm thinking.. disgruntled ex PGI employees? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Vellron2005, 03 September 2019 - 03:08 AM.

#18 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:16 PM

Isn't Vox Machinae an VR title? Can you play it without?

Also while AI and PvE modes would have been nice for MWO, do you think PGI could do a good AI?

#19 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:41 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 03 September 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Isn't Vox Machinae an VR title? Can you play it without?

Also while AI and PvE modes would have been nice for MWO, do you think PGI could do a good AI?

https://steamcommuni...93325989872099/
guckstu hier, maybe that gives an answer btw greets

edit,found a vid and another thread
https://www.reddit.c..._spoiler_it_is/

if you try it to play it without VR,tell me if it works fine Nesuttizale pls.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 04 September 2019 - 07:48 AM.

#20 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:38 AM

Apparently, most comments say the game is good without VR.. and most of those comments come from ex MWO players Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users