#21 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 04 March 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

The Scat was allready used on Luthien und Tukayyid. Just because it was featured in the TRO 3058 doesn't mean production started that year.

Luthien and Tukayyid, so we're shooting for 3052 then? That's still a wait.

#22 Odins Reaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn Eden

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yeah look at the wiki page, Shadow Cat was put in the field in 3003. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shadow_Cat

#23 Wriddle

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostOdins Reaver, on 04 March 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Yeah look at the wiki page, Shadow Cat was put in the field in 3003. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shadow_Cat

As has been stated before in this thread the first actual sighting of this Mech is in the Battle of Luthien and later in Tukayyid. These battles take place in 3052. While it may have been designed and released in 3003 it was not known to the IS until 3052. This means it MIGHT become available (total conjecture) when Clans invade or they might hold off on releasing it until 3052 game time (if they choose to release it at all).

#24 Odins Reaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn Eden

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Doubtful, seeing as it was used as a front-line mech by the time the invasion started, the first sighting in a Book didn't happen until 3052, but I doubt that Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon would put such a mech on the sidelines for "keeping it a secret".

#25 Wriddle

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

We'll have to wait and see. Shadow Cat is nice but it's never been one of my preferred mechs (but I won't refuse to use it...that thing is a beast). Any pilot that is decent with one will be a huge asset to their team. Great guerrilla warfare mechs with the ability to help hunt both scouts and assaults.

#26 billyzero

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

I just hope mechs like the shadow cat don't reduce our options on which mechs to pilot. Some of those clan mechs are so awesome that you just can't not take them or be handicapped in fights.

Edited by billyzero, 09 March 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#27 Blue Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 322 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm with the op on this one, the shadow cat is my favorite too, such an awesome looking mech! Introduced in 3003 I take it there would be good chance it will see the light of day when the clans show up in MW:O?

#28 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

THE MIGHTY S-CAT is great but it will take time until we see it in the game .

#29 Jaberwocky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

This is the Mech I will wait for........ and it shall be mine....I will use a 2xppc puma while I wait for it..... but it needs to come lest the battlefield be awash with my bitter tears of regret and rage.....

Although... I am currently starting a Shadow Cat case mod... this gives me time to finish it.....

#30 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostJaberwocky, on 02 December 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

This is the Mech I will wait for........ and it shall be mine....I will use a 2xppc puma while I wait for it..... but it needs to come lest the battlefield be awash with my bitter tears of regret and rage.....

Although... I am currently starting a Shadow Cat case mod... this gives me time to finish it.....

Let us just hope they revisit the heat on ERPPC first. As is, the Puma and Warhawk Prime (heck, even the Warhawk Charlie!) are currently DOA. Why PGI went from 15 to 13, then back to 15 without ever trying out 14 heat is beyond me.

#31 Jaberwocky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

The Shadowcat case mod has begun! I actually have several components under construction, but I got hung up on some logistical sizing with large video cards and Noctua Fan/Heatsinks. I require some opinions! The picture below is for the "BASE" geometry (pre-extrusion/intrusion-component addition etc) and I must chose which is the superior rear-torso profile. Posted Image

if you are bored/curious how I ended up there...it started with the skull shapes of various "cats" and geometry OCD took over with triangular scale proportions... http://kanzenutsu.imgur.com/all/

let me know if you prefer the upper or lower tail/torso section .. thanks!

#32 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

The Shadow Cat is the mech I exclusively used in tournament play during mech4 and the VL leagues. I ran 6 ER Med lasers and an LB10x Was a very fun mech. That will be the gold mech I buy if I buy one.

#33 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

Point of Interest, the timeline did not keep PGI from implementing the current form of ECM. Infrared and ultraviolet systems are defeated by scintillators and other similar devices, not by EM. Something like this - I don't see these on the current mechs
Posted Image

#34 wamX

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Well I've been reading around the forums and I believe that the Shadow Cat is 100% canon.

Lets look at the evidence:

http://www.masteruni...it/Details/5035

says it was introduced in 3003 and its Era, whom I've let other Mechwarriors do the work and to make this part simple, that the correct real year to release it will be 2015 (Hurrah! not much longer!)

That being said, oh boy a number matches. Doesn't mean they will release it.

OBJECTION.

Quoting directly from: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shadow_Cat :

The Shadow Cat is a heavily-armed and maneuverable medium OmniMech developed by Clan Nova Cat to replace the Ice Ferret in the early 31st century during preparations for Operation Revival.

developed by Clan Nova Cat to replace the Ice Ferret in the early 31st

replace the Ice Ferret in the early 31st

Ice Ferret

The Ice Ferret is already out and is doing its job shooting everything in front of it, but if you look at the in-game model. The upper body (RT CT and LT) looks distinctively close to the Shad-Cat's body, considering what I remember from MW:Vengance it had 2 missile pods on both sides of the cockpit which the Ferret has some slanted armored pieces that beg to be missile pods and the body itself is already the correct box shape. So take the Ferrets torsos off, armor them up a little more, add some weapon slots and slap it on some female legs-

(Note: I refer to female legs being mech legs that go backward and then forward, as seen in a Cataphract, Catapult, Mad-Dog, and Stalker. While male legs are legs that go forward and back as seen in the Atlas, Kintaro, Spider, and Hunchback)

-and BOOM. A beautiful and tough-as-nails Shadow Cat ready to punch a hole in the nearest enemy cockpit.

merp.

#35 Butane

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USofA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:11 AM

miss the good ole days of lag shooting 14 erml's at other scats or various annoying lag shifted speedy lil turds way back in the early league days of MW3... dear odins puckered socket i feel old...

other then that, great medium, erl's, gauss and erl's, lrms, ssrms or a lb20x, mech was designed to be a workhorse and it delivers, the JJ's make it fun. but id gotta say my favorite is the uac20 6erml ryoken. thing just hits like it wants to be a heavy.

honestly im more interested in second line mechs, the MAD, WHM and PHX-2C are just fun to play and they look sweet. and then my personal favorites of all clan mechs a couple years down the road, cant wait for a Grizzly and Kodiak, and the Kraken, just because the LRM variant is balls

#36 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

While the Shadow Cat would be nice. I am definitly more in favor of the Hunchback IIC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users