Battle Value -- NA
Cost-- NA
Rules Level -- Experimental
Technology-- Inner Sphere
Unit Type -- BattleMech
Date Introduced -- 2775
Era -- Star League (2571 - 2780)
Notes -- Illegal Design

Edited by Skylarr, 18 February 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#62 Alabaster Black

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostGDL Irishwarrior, on 04 March 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

While they are certainly cool and effective, they are also extremely rare. If they are put in though, they should not be easily available - I have an idea for this, the Annihilator, and similarly rare 'Mechs where putting a ton of time and effort into their weight class could unlock them for use - less because of their effectiveness in battle, and more just for their rarity. They'd be a status symbol more than anything.

I think it would be cool if there were a deeper challenge and rewards system.

Something bigger than just MC or a bobble for inside our cockpit.

Create grinds or specific challenges. Like make 3 kills in a match without taking damage, repeat ten times, get curency toward a rare mech not available for MC or C-Bills. Or perhaps a unique paint job not available otherwise.

It shows you are a skilled and dedicated pilot. It also keeps people playing with a goal other than grinding C-Bills for the next Chasis or XL.

/2 cents.

#63 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostJacob Davion, on 04 March 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Will this mech be seen as soon as the Clans first invade? http://www.sarna.net...Rhino_(Behemoth)

Not likely. Unless Clanners have different Pilot XP track requirements (no more 3 chassis to master a Mech. IF the Stone Rhino does show up, I will be tempted to bail in my House! Specially if the MWO artists do with it as they have for so many ugly CBT mechs!

#64 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

Necro time!

I want this mech ingame! The MW4 music for it says it all...

#65 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

Excuse me while I go launch up Mercs again...

#66 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I REEEEALLY hope this mech gets released in game. It is HANDS DOWN my favorite design. One of my best friends even made an awesome custom GB MWDA figure of it out of the Malice. I'll post pics when I can find it (just moved).

#67 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 04 March 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

give me a proper Clan heavy over an assault mech anyday. Besides, 2-3 BAs can eat an assaults lunch.

Or one BA if you are a Ghost Bear

#68 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

Since we aren't going to see the marauder because of harmony gold's copyright they could at least bring the stone rhino to MWO. I just want a mech with a big gun on it's top like the stone rhino or Hollander (light mech with a guass rifle!!!)

Edited by Grimwill, 06 May 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#69 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

Not sure, The pics of the behemoth are awesome, but the weapons? 2 gauss, and that laser? WTF?
This mech is a 100 Tonnage Mec. The Gauss/laser like 4x the size as shown on other mechs. Isn't the lore here a bit off the scale? or ar ethese supergauss rifles? Or they are just decoration to scare off the opponent xD

raise your torso and arms, shut the mech down and you have a factory disguise with those smoke pipes.

But I really loke these designed mechs, tose with a more slim streamline Torso. Like the Supernova has.

Edited by Grimmrog, 06 May 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#70 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

The Stone Rhino (Behemoth) is a so called second line Mech.
That means its a mech regarded too old, too expensive in terms of ammo or maintenance or otherwise inferior by the clans.
Since the "Clanmechs" we will get are simply spoils of war because there are still no factions you can join, the release of the stone rhino would be even more difficult to explain.
Capturing some frontline units....well ok maybe but capturing second line or garrison units....NOPE.

#71 kardam

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

It's just a 100 tonner. Nothing in MW rules makes it "more effective" on the battlefield.
Interestingly, in MW:O this mech would be almost identical to Fafnir. Both have 1 energy hardpoint in each arm and torso, 1 ballistic in each side torso.

#72 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 06 May 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

The Stone Rhino (Behemoth) is a so called second line Mech.
That means its a mech regarded too old, too expensive in terms of ammo or maintenance or otherwise inferior by the clans.
Since the "Clanmechs" we will get are simply spoils of war because there are still no factions you can join, the release of the stone rhino would be even more difficult to explain.
Capturing some frontline units....well ok maybe but capturing second line or garrison units....NOPE.

Yup, it is called the Behemoth / Stone Rhino.

However 2nd Line mechs are so called because they are usually assigned to 2nd line units.

Omni's are highly valued due to their ability to customise weapons and equipment for different environments making them ideal machines for offensive operations. Attacking a desert planet, fit long range and extra heat sinks, next planet a jungle planet, jump jets and short range weapons loadouts.

Garrison units did not require such flexibilty and hence could be allocated as a unit.

So the bias against 2nd line mechs was more about piloting an Omni mech meant you were in a front line offensive unit, where as piloting a 2nd line mech generally meant garrison duties and limited oppurtunity for combat. But also culturally the Clans did hold back "lesser" pilots in preference to True borns anyway.

Having said that, most clans developed / built / trialed for 2nd line mechs. While they were not as highly valued as Omni's, they were certainly appreciated for the job they did and the 3067 TRO identifies several new 2nd line mechs being designed post the Great Refusal to replace losses in many Clans. There were many "new" 2nd line mechs in 3050 amongst the garrison units as well as some old ones.

We do know that this design was highly regarded by Clan Smoke Jaguar and that Clan Smoke Jaguar brought up several Garrison units early in the Invasion. We also know they deployed at least one "freebirth" Cluster (the 22nd) at Luthien (Luthien Sourcebook) which given the distatse that Clan had to Freeborths most certainly would not have had Omnimechs so it is almost certain this unit deployed high technology 2nd line mechs, such as the Behemoth.

So it is entirely plausiable that the Behemoth could find its way into an IS warriors hands with about the same probability as a Daishi, which is to say not much chance at all. However given PGI are "waving handium" to allow IS pilots to have Clan mechs, canon is hardly an appropriate benchmark to restrict the Behemoth.

As an aside, Wolf Dragoons deployed one Behemoth in its battles on Misery (according to the Wolf's Dragoons Source Book) although it is expected this was using "dumbed down" weapons so as to maintain their secrecy at the time like much of their other equipment.

#73 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

Give me this mech!

#74 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

yes

#75 Valus Thorne

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:10 PM

This is by far my favorite mech from the old days of tabletop gaming. If MWO does it right they will release BOTH the I/S and Clan versions.. With the I/S quirks and armor bonuses I would get this mech from both sides. The I/S Behemoth and the Clan Stone Rhino

#76 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostValus Thorne, on 16 March 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

This is by far my favorite mech from the old days of tabletop gaming. If MWO does it right they will release BOTH the I/S and Clan versions.. With the I/S quirks and armor bonuses I would get this mech from both sides. The I/S Behemoth and the Clan Stone Rhino

Behemoth is the inner sphere name for the Clan Stone Rhino. Just like Loki is the inner sphere name for the Clan Hellbringer. The Behemoth or "Amaris' Folly" was a super-heavy (110 ton) 'mech that never made it to production. You will not see an inner sphere Behemoth in this game if the developers stay true to lore.

http://www.sarna.net...hino_(Behemoth)

#77 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

Posted Image

Seriously though... id love to see this mech in game.

#78 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

I would like to see Stone Rhino and Vanquisher in MWO.

#79 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Given the Behemoth 2 and onwards tend to use more Civil War era tech, seeing it is a distinct possibility now that we have the tech to recreate the 2 and 3. Then throw in some PGI variants as Reinforcements and we're gold.

#80 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

View PostArcRoyale, on 17 March 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Given the Behemoth 2 and onwards tend to use more Civil War era tech, seeing it is a distinct possibility now that we have the tech to recreate the 2 and 3. Then throw in some PGI variants as Reinforcements and we're gold.

You guys are funny.

Atlases and Annis complain about being left behind in this game and you want bigger n slower?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users