200 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

I will feed any info that I receive from Comstar II (The splinter transmitter at GDC) here.

Note: Any major media uploads will be posted by Garth in the Announcement section and I'll dupe it here.

Note 2: No I will not be trolling in this thread.

Tuesday Afternoon:
First Update:
The PGI crew IS at the conference center and the work stations are set up. Presentation planning with IGP underway.

Bryan has said that Public Expo starts tomorrow morning. Plan to hear more then.

:lol:

Tuesday Evening:
Next Update:
Bryan: Just finished up out dry run presentations. Sitting down for beer and dinner. #MWOGDC big day tomorrow.

Wednesday Morning:
Bryan: Grabbing some joe and a yogurt. Heading to to the show.
Full screenshot released from the puzzle pieces

This just in:

Bryan: First two demos done. #MWOGDC presentations are going awesome!
https://p.twimg.com/...aI5CQAEpg0I.jpg

Russ: Things are going great thus far, lots of positive reaction. Only 7 more hours today :)

Wednesday Afternoon:

Bryan: Getting ready for the afternoon. https://p.twimg.com/...WJzCIAAcwpP.jpg

Bryan: Boom. Matt strutting our wicked T's thanks to @InfiniteGamePub
http://twitter.com/b...6/photo/1/large

Thursday Morning GDC Press Releases
Joystiq

The Escapist

Digital Trends

IGN
"Now, having seen it running, I think MechWarrior Online will change perceptions about what it means to be a free-to-play game. This isn't a cheap looking game aiming to cash-in on nostalgia built up by the MechWarrior franchise. This is a mech combat game that takes what we all loved about the old titles and builds upon it."

Thursday Afternoon GDC Press Releases

Examiner

Video Game Writers

Bryan: Just have @ELahti from @pcgamer a demo of @MechWarriorF2P #MWOGDC !

Thursday Evening

Game Trailers presents first Gameplay Footage
Anyone need a smoke?

#2 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

We gonna hold you to the "No Trolling" pledge.

With Pitchforks

#3 zverofaust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

ANy chance we'll see some pics of your setup before tomorrow morning? I'm interested to see what PGI brought to the table.

#4 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Probably not zverofaust. There's a lot of prep that needs to be done for shows like this.

#5 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

NOT BELIEVING IT!

From the Code of Conduct

Spamming/Trolling:

This category includes:
  • Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
  • Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity
Who is left among the admins that qualifies to enforce this? LOL!

Edited by Insidious Johnson, 06 March 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#6 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

LOL I think you are about 12+ hours behind there, big guy. MechSpecs has had a GDC tracker / Dev tracker thread going since about 0800 Eastern time.

Just sayin :)

#7 black oak

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

God I want *beta news*...

:)

#8 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 06 March 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

LOL I think you are about 12+ hours behind there, big guy. MechSpecs has had a GDC tracker / Dev tracker thread going since about 0800 Eastern time.

Just sayin :)

Oh yeah? Guess who get's first hand knowledge and images? Guess who's sitting on a pile of media? huh? Huh? HUH?!!? hehehehe

#9 zverofaust

• 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 March 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Probably not zverofaust. There's a lot of prep that needs to be done for shows like this.

Aww shucks. Then do you have any idea when we'll start to see media coming in? Tomorrow, Friday, etc... I'll probably have my eyes glued on this site at work for the rest of the week...

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 March 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Oh yeah? Guess who get's first hand knowledge and images? Guess who's sitting on a pile of media? huh? Huh? HUH?!!? hehehehe

Does FD know your squatting on his desk?

Oh, and was this your plan all along? The Wednesday Surprises? It was all just a big lead-up to GDC... wow :)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 06 March 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#11 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Very excited here. I think this will be the first batch or real usable news we will get. We have seen all the Q&As and such that have awesome info, but hopefully we will see some real practical applications of this coming out of GDC. Good luck Paul and all of PGI!

#12 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostAdamBaines, on 06 March 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Very excited here. I think this will be the first batch or real usable news we will get. We have seen all the Q&As and such that have awesome info, but hopefully we will see some real practical applications of this coming out of GDC. Good luck Paul and all of PGI!

ditto! Good luck at PGI Paul and all the other devs! Now i'm off to bed early so that tomorrow will feel like it has arrived quicker! lol

#13 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Slightly off-topic, but....I find it interesting that the companies developing the game are PGI and IGP respectively.....
Maybe THAT is the secret ingredient to successful games these days....just a fleeting thought.

On topic
Paul. If you troll this thread.....I dont know exactly what I am going to do yet, but it might involve spandex...and everyone knows, you dont mess with spandex........the 80s were a dark dark time, partially because it involved way too much spandex....

I will be nervously hitting the refresh button tomorrow whenever I get a chance. Do not disappoint me!

Edited by Azantia, 06 March 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#14 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

OK, Now we all need to be vewy, vewy qwiet. So as not to scare the Lead Designer off.

Go ahead, Paul, we are here for you.

rofs

rolling on floor snickering

#15 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

This is just my humble opinion, and is not meant as a flame or critique about MWO. I love the Mech Universe as much as anyone else. I'm just as eager to see this game come to fruition--the sooner, the better.

Having said that, I hope that you don't take this rant as raining on your personal parade, but anyone who has done any research on what goes on at GDC and similar conferences will realize that it isn't going to be an MWO coming out parade for the fans, but rather a push by IGC to market their overall FTP ideas and (hopefully) sign more clients to develop more ideas, as well as attend conferences and confabs to learn more about the development cycle of the FTP market.

In addition, I will add (again, just MHO) my take on what is becoming unprofessional: your trolling. You are becoming counterproductive. You are starting to alienate fans. And that is not good.

I hope you read this rant as a constructive criticism, and I remain a dedicated hopeful.

Sincerely,
=H=

#16 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

GDC will be...

Soon™!

#17 black oak

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 06 March 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

This is just my humble opinion <<<stuffs>>>

In addition, I will add (again, just MHO) my take on what is becoming unprofessional: your trolling. You are becoming counterproductive. You are starting to alienate fans. And that is not good.

I hope you read this rant as a constructive criticism, and I remain a dedicated hopeful.

Sincerely,
=H=

I seriously would rather have the Devs/Leads trolling us (and by extension) getting to know us than not. When the designers/Leads and CEO's distance themselves from the players bad things happen.

I know I don't speak for everyone, but I look forward to more back and forth with the devs over the coming months.

GL at GDC!

#18 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 06 March 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

first

And we gonna hold you to the "No Trolling" pledge.

With Pitchforks

There Already out................and on fire

View Postblack oak, on 06 March 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

I seriously would rather have the Devs/Leads trolling us (and by extension) getting to know us than not. When the designers/Leads and CEO's distance themselves from the players bad things happen.

I know I don't speak for everyone, but I look forward to more back and forth with the devs over the coming months.

GL at GDC!

I agree with this let the devs and us have some fun.
besides it makes blasting them when the game comes out so much more enjoyable : )

#19 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

so will we see a gameplay vid and will there be a crab released to mechwarrior online and i hope you guys wont troll us you have tricked us on many things and kinda eh nevermind keep up the goodwork with mechwarrior online were all counting on u guys

Edited by Cementblade, 06 March 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#20 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm certainly not advocating taking away whatever fun the devs are having with you...

Don't get me wrong, by all means, this is their website, and they can do whatever they want with it.

The fun's worn thin already for me--maybe I'm just not as easily amused.

I'm ready for substance, and will be glad to see it if and when it happens.

Just not counting any eggs here. <shrug>
=H=

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users