i like how you can see the armament of the other guy

#402 Mavek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

stupid question...

does one have to press the '1' '2' '3', etc buttons to fire those weapons, or can those groups be mapped to the mouse buttons to be fired? and can the \ button be pressed to 'chain' fire all weapons in a group?

seems silly to have to stop piloting the mech in order to fire the weapons...i dont see how i can fire the weapons in group #1 while using the #1 finger to turn left...

would make this game very hard to play for most people i think.

View PostAlfred VonGunn, on 23 May 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

I was wondering.. Will Gauss Rifle ammo explode and if so why? I mean it is just pieces of metal with no propelant and no explosive warhead...

gauss ammo wont explode, but the gauss rifle should be good for a nice pop when the coils are breached.

#403 Revage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCoos Bay, OR

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 March 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

The player can separate the reticles without having to move his ’Mech’s torso by activating pilot look. As the MechWarrior looks around, inside the cockpit, the reticle for the arms will follow where he is looking. When the player finishes pilot looking, the view and reticle will automatically return to face forward.

Can the 'Pilot Look' function be used WHILE torso-twisted? Say for instance, if you caught an enemy under your torso-gun reticle and wanted to freeze the torso on that target to provide suppressing fire while you look around for more enemies, or to freeze torso on that one while you target another with your gun and provide suppressing fire on two targets at once, you'd press the Pilot Look button to lock torso?

Edited by Revage, 01 June 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#404 Luke78

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

I can't wait to play this game. :D

#405 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostDihm, on 07 March 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

omg omg omg, in game action screenshot! Look at that ENVIRONMENT!

Your kidding right lol

I'm seriously excited about the game but dude its a cavern. I want you in my guild if you get this excited my friend lol

I was just thinking, the whole mech thing could confuse a lot of players. I'm guessing there will be an in your face moment when we pick our control setup i.e. Basic or Advanced.

Is that the case?

Just don't like to think that a lot of people without throttle or stick leave because within 10 minutes of play they come to the conclusion that the game is for superior humans. I've known people to do that even with tank games, push them a bit, they eventually start getting hang of it then stick around.

To get around losing players over complex controls, will there be an advanced and detailed training program? Not yet read anything about the beginning of our career.

#406 SpRaY

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

thank you for the great info.

#407 Blastcaps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

will light mechs aka scouts be able to feed team mates targeting info/missle lock info allowing for long range LRM bombardments etc?

#408 OK1982

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

The set up sounds great, not to many keys to keep track of

#409 Drizz

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

Ugle default set up will we beable to remap keys the way we want to use them like all the othere versions of mechwarrior ~?

hope we can i realy like to use my owen set up

#410 Delthius

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Looks good.

#411 Death Dealer

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

If your new to mech warrior, great write up.

#412 pseudolife

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

this may have been asked already and if so I apologize. BUT!

will the MW3 "stand in a river and cheat the heat" work in this game?

I mean maybe not to the extent you could in 3 but if im standing in water, i should have higher heat dissipation.

also, this may be better asked in a different topic, but after watching the videos, what are the chances of having some added realism of starting fires with energy weapons? ie there were a few clipz of mechs being shot at with lasers while standing in/behind trees. how awesome would it be if you could force a heat issue with your target by setting the forest on fire around them.

#413 jathuv

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Is there at place here on the forum where we have the chance to suggest new mech to be created for mechwarrior online? For instance Maraduer form battletch 3025 tech. readout?

#414 Patrick Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

holy **** necro. try making a thread about it or use the search function, as well mechs such as the marauder and warhammer are all unseen, which means they are extremely extremely unlikely that they would ever show up. There is also probably something like a million different threads asking for a marauder

#415 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Next time don't post in such an old thread.

View Postjathuv, on 24 May 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Is there at place here on the forum where we have the chance to suggest new mech to be created for mechwarrior online?

The Feature Suggestion subforum, of course.

View Postjathuv, on 24 May 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

For instance Maraduer form battletch 3025 tech. readout?

Legal difficulties.

#416 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

I can totally understand, someone after reading this dev blog(about mechs), posting this question.

#417 Aurien Titus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'd like to see this converted into the dialog and flow for an in game tutorial for new players. Throw in how exactly you kill a 'mech and you've got a huge new player hurdle out of the way.

#418 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

You can kill mechs? Well then, this game just got a lot more fun. Now I realize what I was doing wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users