#1 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Tantric Mechs

Tantra (Sanskrit: तन्त्र , "loom, warp"; hence "principle, system, doctrine", from the verbal root tan "stretch, extend, expand", and the suffix tra"instrument"), anglicised as tantrism or tantricism, is the name scholars give to an inter-religious spiritual movement that arose in medieval Indiain the fifth century CE,[1] expressed in scriptures (called "Tantras")

Usage - To describe the act of waiting for GDC information to be released / revealed.

Example: "Man... I've been practicing Tantric Mechs all day waiting for the PGI group to upload some game-play video and my Myomer bundle is ready to pop!"

:P

#2 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Tomorrows word (hopefully) will be:

Mech'tacy...

#3 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

You really need the 's', DaZur.

Anyways, am I right in saying that we haven't gotten any real GDC goodness today? We got our Wednesday Mech Warfare info (btw, weren't they supposed to open the Q&A for Mech Warfare month?) but we're really gotten no finite news from GDC yet, right?

#4 Celestial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Let them finish the demos, then gaming websites such as PC gamer will have some videos up.
NGNG has an appointment with MWO and MWT demos at 4 PM PT. I can almost guarantee that there will be some videos after that :P
I know, I spent all day pressing F5 too... but I hold the faith!
but I must say, we've got some good info today already. and 2 screenshots.

#5 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 07 March 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

You really need the 's', DaZur.

Anyways, am I right in saying that we haven't gotten any real GDC goodness today? We got our Wednesday Mech Warfare info (btw, weren't they supposed to open the Q&A for Mech Warfare month?) but we're really gotten no finite news from GDC yet, right?

You are 100% right. They have done the old bait and switch on us. We got the normal Wednesday release info, but nothing really on GDC. Now granted we have 2 more days of GDC, so well see what happens.

#6 GrimJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationPottery Barn, $120 richer than my fellow Founders

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Sorry, were we still waiting for something?

#7 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 07 March 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

You are 100% right. They have done the old bait and switch on us. We got the normal Wednesday release info, but nothing really on GDC. Now granted we have 2 more days of GDC, so well see what happens.

I'd tell myself to just check back at the end of the week to see what all the hooplah is, but I just can't pry myself from the side effect of repeatedly pressing the refresh button from anticipation overload.

...it's no way to live.... *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* .............

#8 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 07 March 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I'd tell myself to just check back at the end of the week to see what all the hooplah is, but I just can't pry myself from the side effect of repeatedly pressing the refresh button from anticipation overload.

...it's no way to live.... *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* .............

Ehh, I totally feel your pain. :P

#9 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

MWO: The Drinking Game (with drinks taken from http://users.anet.co...ion/drinks.html)

Everytime you hit refresh, drink a PPC.
Everytme you demand that PGI take your money/c-bills/creds, drink a Fussionaire.
Everytime you worry that your rig won't be able to handle the awesomeness of the game, down a Stellar Stinger.
Everytime you see a question about when the game is going live, drink a Medium Laser.
Everytime someone gets trolled, drink a Grasshopper. If the troller/trollee is Paul, make it a double.
Everytime you read about Atlas' being good Scouts for Lyrans, drink a Gauss Rifle.

Anyone want to add to the game?

#10 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

your designated driver :

Always sober , always there for you,

waiting to here about a mission / planet with Dinosaurs.

Maybe just some for the cockpit then?

Edited by FinnMcKool, 07 March 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#11 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Pfft, I dun need no resignated river! Gimme back my ident card! I can pilot my scouting atlas just fine!

*Later, ISN reports indicate that an Atlas has fallen on top of a few buildings, the pilot passed out inside*

#12 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostSarah Dalrymple, on 07 March 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

MWO: The Drinking Game (with drinks taken from http://users.anet.co...ion/drinks.html)

Everytme you demand that PGI take your money/c-bills/creds, drink a Fussionaire.
Everytime you worry that your rig won't be able to handle the awesomeness of the game, down a Stellar Stinger.
Everytime you see a question about when the game is going live, drink a Medium Laser.
Everytime someone gets trolled, drink a Grasshopper. If the troller/trollee is Paul, make it a double.
Everytime you read about Atlas' being good Scouts for Lyrans, drink a Gauss Rifle.

I don't know you from Eve... BUT I WANT TO PARTY WITH YOU! ;) LOL!

I have a feeling most everyone would be hammered from the (F5) PPC shots alone this week....

#13 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Can I replace all the suggested drinks with just Whiskey?

#14 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 08 March 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

Can I replace all the suggested drinks with just Whiskey?

But then you end up breaking the atmosphere! I want to be drinking like I am at Bill's (or for those that arrive after the B had been shot and no longer worked... ill's)!

#15 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

It appears Ill Be very Busy this week.

Your designated driver
Always sober always there for you.

was that a dinosaur crossing the road ?

#16 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

New rule: If the site goes 404, down a Flamer. If you hit refresh while waiting for the site to go nominal again, down a Flamer AND a PPC.

Edit to add: Should I make a thread just for the drinking game?

Edited by Sarah Dalrymple, 08 March 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#17 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostSarah Dalrymple, on 08 March 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

New rule: If the site goes 404, down a Flamer. If you hit refresh while waiting for the site to go nominal again, down a Flamer AND a PPC.

Edit to add: Should I make a thread just for the drinking game?

I'm guessing finding you on the battlefield will not be real hard... Just look for the Mech that's staggering around? :P

#18 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

I wonder...if mechs existed in RL and the pilot is really really drunk...would the mech stagger? That would be funny watching an Atlas stagger like a hobo, haha

ok, i don't know why i quoted you twice, but oh well, lol

#19 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

New Term: Mechohol

Definition: Mech performance-enhancement solution that increases the membrane permeability and fluidity of Moymer fibers. This increases a Mech's capability to function after receiving massive damage in combat, however also results in erratic movement, lose of balance, and uncontrolled outbursts from the onboard SMS radiogear.

#20 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostXxDRxDEATHxX, on 08 March 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I wonder...if mechs existed in RL and the pilot is really really drunk...would the mech stagger? That would be funny watching an Atlas stagger like a hobo, haha

ok, i don't know why i quoted you twice, but oh well, lol

Blame the drinking game for drunken posting? LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users