Blackthornes Dragoons - Hiring Pilots And Companies

364 replies to this topic

#21 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Thanks Clevin, has been nice having you on board. We have been very fortunate with our recruiting and have picked up a lot of great players. We are way ahead of schedule towards reaching our cap for launch. Keep up the great work!

#22 Dendridger

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Bumbled into these fellas while on the Unofficial TS server. Great group. If you get the chance, go hang out with them for a few games; you will see how awesome MWO can be.

We fought an in-house drop of two teams of 8 players. Only MWO game I have ever seen end in a draw. All mechs were totally crippled / low / out of ammo. Amazing.

Edited by Dendridger, 01 October 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#23 Slaytan1c

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMy Battlestation, UK

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Feel very lucky to have bumped into these guys. They are simply awesome to play with, especially after some of the headless chicken PUGs I've been in! If you want to see how the game really should be played please give them a look.

#24 VonWolfman

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

This group of players, is EPIC. Everyone I have played with is respectful, and has fun, but also want to play at their best. Signed up, loving it.

#25 MechaKitsune

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Just joined the Blackthornes myself last night. Full of great people with good organization but a focus on having fun and enjoying MWO together.

Glad to have found you guys!

#26 Eldakkar

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Awww, you guys are just swell! Come join Blackthorne's 3rd Dragoons and become a TEMPEST. Storm the hills and wreck havoc on our unlucky foes. Be prepared to have your skills tested as I push this Company to its limits!

Eldakkar
3rd Dragoon, Tempest
Commanding

Edited by Eldakkar, 02 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#27 Serpent

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Check us out at www.Blackthornes.com

#28 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

We are up over 100 at this point ready for launch! We are still looking for a few more, so drop by and give us a try. And remember... Friends don't let friends PUG... ;)

#29 Killerwithin

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

I have been with Blackthornes for quite a while now I must say I have been enjoying greatly myself. Always someone to roll with and they always make sure you're in a game one way or another. It's really nice being able to play with the same people rather than playing with randoms on the unofficial teamspeak server. That is perhaps the biggest advantage is I get to play with the same people all the time and we get to understand each others game play vs playing with randoms who you have no idea how they play or how the "leader" leads the group. We are all very well organized most of the time with leaders calling out actions and primary and secondaries which is something you cannot get in every single game with randoms on the unofficial server.

I suggest Blackthornes to any player out there.

#30 Lunchmeat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Excellent group. Respectful,and a ton of fun to play with. One thing in particular I've noticed is the welcome new players get. Lots of helpful people, and no one freaks if a mistake is made by someone. Nice to see. Oh yeah, we kill pretty much everything ;)

#31 Grabes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

forgot the most important part of the whole shebang ~ What timezones are you dropping?

#32 Confusion

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBuf, NY

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostGrabes, on 05 October 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

forgot the most important part of the whole shebang ~ What timezones are you dropping?

Hello Grabes, We drop EST evening times mostly. But we have had more and more members join, that play earlier. You can always register @ www.blackthornes.com. You can see who is in our teamspeak on the home page. We currently have a 512 Slot TS.

#33 Xander Pershaw

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

We always have a fun time at Blackthornes Dragoons! Check out our site to sign up to join us in matches like the one above! Looking for a great team of players who play hard AND have fun? Focused, driven, and dedicated to making sure everyone has a team to play with, we have a lot to offer!

www.blackthornes.com

#34 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Nice match Dragon!

#35 Cynwulf

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostGrabes, on 05 October 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

We usually have at least one group during off hours on weekdays.

At eastern prime time we have 2 to 4 full groups going.

weekends have had up to 5 full groups so far.

There is a late night crew which runs 1 to 2 groups till about midnight pacific time.

#36 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

5 full groups last night with several organized drops against other companies, a few drops against other Blackthornes Companies also! It was a blast, as always. I will try to get the videos up soon so that potential recruits can see and get a better feel for what it is like to be part of a team without a lot of egos. I MiGHT even post the one where I took my first of two losses for the day (due to getting REALLY over confident) and getting slapped down by by another Blackthornes Company being led by Clevin. Oh what a dark day... :)

#37 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

A close match against a friendly Merc group. Of course, me pulling our guys off the cap to fight rather than just win meant I was in the rear (closest to them) and a quick death for me, but all good fun.

http://youtu.be/Xi7xxS9Y33I

Edited by Aeron Sley, 07 October 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#38 HybridTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 281 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Some video footage from several battles we have fought together in... great times!

Edited by HybridTheory, 07 October 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#39 HybridTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 281 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

I suppose I should also introduce myself since I have yet too in this recruit forum. I met Aeron Sley and Cynwulf randomly in game one afternoon while pugging by myself. We had a good match on the same team as I recall, and thought I saw something flash on the screen near end game about grouping up. So I added him as a friend and I've been running matches with them ever since. Now I'm doing my best to help the group when I can, and lead the 9th Company to glorious victory on the battlefield.

Have met many many MANY great people in this group so far and look foward to meeting more. Some of my personal friends have joined the ranks, as well as my girlfriend who I might ad, despite running a medium mech most matches, will still kick your butt! (Just ask Cynwulf haha :blink: Anyhow if you are getting annoyed playing this game as a PUG... or have a couple friends and want to play with a few others who enjoy this game and the team aspect, then please check out the website and at the very least, try a drop or two with us on teamspeak. If it's not your thing, no big deal! But I suspect you may just enjoy yourself... and want to stay for more :(

#40 Grabbit Andrun

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

I was in the Open Beta Server and these guys scooped me up for a few matches. I ended up playing all day with them. Good group of guys, sound tactics, good shooters, and a lot of fun to be around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users