Black Widow Company Veteran Mercs

6898 replies to this topic

#6401 Ace of Spades

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

We are a really fun outfit and good group spirit. Come over to our teamspeak and take a look! :)

#6402 JediDino

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

If you want to learn and advance your skill while having fun.. NO better place than here!

www.the-bwc.com

#6403 Nolaren

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Extremely well run organization with great moral and ethical values.

If you are looking for a family group with military style organization and precision, look no further.

Join us at:
www.the-bwc.com

#6404 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

Another good weekend of group play and training. Had a blast with the challenge too. If you are looking for an organized group of players to game with. This is could be the choice for you!

#6405 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

I know some BWC members earned their Victors with this weekend's challenge. Others fell a bit short...I didn't have the time available for that kind of grinding so I didn't try for it. How did y'all do?

#6406 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

Got my free Victor!

#6407 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

No Victor here. The wife shamed me into family time, but did managed to get in some group play with Skillz and some other members. I'll just have to live vicariously thru their free Victors :)

#6408 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

I did a lot of playing for the victor. Surprisingly the most fun matches didn't count :D
Having to get 6 kills for a countable match was a bit much :D

#6409 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Wow, is it just two more days for the BWC Trail of Bloodright competition? Not only do we participate in community tournaments and events but we also create our own in house content. Sound interesting? Come check us out at www.the-bwc.com.

#6410 i Maveric i

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:54 PM

The BWC has been amazing at teaching me all aspects of MWO. The comraderie and coordination is like no other guild I have been part of. I would recommend joining the BWC to anyone who would like to improve there game, or just have others of like mind to play with.

#6411 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:45 AM

It's a wonderful sale and XP weekend! I hope everyone is taking advantage of the great deals!

#6412 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I managed to level up a few mechs over the weekend.

Right now our website and teamspeak server is down as the S-6 scrum team is migrating everything to a new server. We do have a back up TS up and running. If any prospective new members are wondering just be patient. The tech weenies should have it all up and running soon.

The Black Widow Company Veteran Merc Corps is a fully supported Independent Gaming Regiment in The Black Widow Company, a gaming company that has been active for over 10 years in various games. We also support Planetside 2, Arma 3, Star Citizen, SWToR, and we have a regiment that supports many semi- and un-supported games. This is a great community founded by veterans and run by veterans. But you don't have to be a veteran to be a member.

If being a member of a community that has been around for years, and has been active in MWO since the beginning, interests you, come check us out. Once the techies get their act together and get the migration completed you can navigate over to www.the-bwc.com.

See you on the other side!

Yuba Frank
Legionnaire
The Black Widow Company

#6413 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

And we are back up! Thanks to our all-volunteer staff to all their hard work over this weekend migrating us to a new (better) hosting service!

So once again, you can check us out at:

http://the-bwc.com

#6414 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

And congratulations to our four in house tournament winners! Some names you may recognize from our tourney teams...Caspar21, Dartangan, Edjustia, and Samurai.

If you don't want to Lone Wolf your way through Community Warfare and are looking for a good team to watch your six come check us out.

#6415 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

I am complete again. Fortunately the server going down like that does not happen all that often. Looking forward to some post holiday 'mech action this week.

No matter how you play MWO, as long as you like being part of a team, The BWC can support your playstyle.

Check us out at www.the-bwc.com

#6416 Calmontrix

Rookie

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

My name is Calmontrix. I serve as the Executive Officer for Crimson Reavers Company in the MechWarrior Online gaming Regiment in Black Widow Company.

I want to take a moment to tell any of you readers my experiences with BWC. First some background on me.

I served 10 years in the US. Army. I spent all those years in the Armor Branch as a M1 Abrams tank crewman. I was a loader, gunner, and tank commander. I know armored warfare pretty well. I served 4 Tours in Iraq.

BWC is more then just a Gaming Group. It's more then just a group of Veterans who get together to play video games. It's a Community. It's a Family.

When I first started playing MWO, I was solo. In a Raven 4X. I did solo drops for almost 2 months, and was attempting to be a scout for the groups I would play with. Some of you possibly said "Ouch" or something similar. Yes. Ouch.
I was drifting through the forums here and came upon this thread. The idea jumped out at me. "Veteran Gaming Community"
The idea struck me, being former military, as someplace I could join and excel. And I have.
But it's more then just improving in my Gameplay in MWO. Knowledge is power, and some of our members have been playing since Beta-days. But again it's more then that.
We play to win, but we also play to have Fun. Everyone wants to win, but at the end of the drop it's more then just numbers. It's the How and the Why. It's the Team, and it's about enjoying the past time for what it's supposed to be. Entertainment. But in a Structured way.

That's part of what BWC brings to the table for it's members. A structured group that provides not only leadership and training in-game. But also brings the experiences of it's members to the table in the planning of Training and Operations associated with that game. In MWO terms that means alot.

But, again, it's more then that. We have a Mantra. "One Team / One Fight" and we live by it. In-Game or Out-of-Game we have some of the best members a team could ask for within it's ranks. I have made some good friends during my membership, and I am sure that if you join us you will as well.

If your a Pilot looking to join a team of players who not only want to Win, but want to run the cutting edge of the Game. If you find yourself playing in the Solo-Que and are tired of grinding away by yourself, and want to join a Team. If your a Pilot who wants to learn the finer points of how to survive in a Jenner better, how to lead a push with your Atlas, or how to best load out your Direwolf. If you want to be part of a Team, and a member of a greater Community.

If you want to be a member of a great Community and Family of Veteran Gamers then Black Widow Company is for you.

Please visit our Website here - http://the-bwc.com/

Look for me online. Now then.

Rally E-4. Assaults lead advance through buildings, heavies screen the right side for contact.

Assaults, Primary is Echo Direwolf, Heavies envelop from the right, fire at will.

Push through!

#6417 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostCalmontrix, on 03 December 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

Rally E-4. Assaults lead advance through buildings, heavies screen the right side for contact.

Assaults, Primary is Echo Direwolf, Heavies envelop from the right, fire at will.

Push through!

Always love it when you drop lead Calmontrix! I got chills just reading these lines!

#6418 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

I concur with Skillz, I always enjoy a group led by Cal!

The new Community Warfare Update is getting me amped up! Can't wait to get in there. And two words.

King Crab!
Just a little longer!

#6419 Citizen-Geronimo

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

My name is Citizen-Geronimo. I serve as one of the Operation Sergeants for the Crimson Reavers, a MechWarrior Online gaming Regiment within Black Widow Company.

I served 21 years and retired from the United States Navy. I deployed in support of the Gulf War, Somalia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and supported many operations in support of the ongoing War on Terrorism. I have over 6,000 flight hours and understand military doctrine very well.

I joined BWC over 1 ½ ago as a Star Citizen Primary. BWC supports many online communities, and I have played with the Company within PS2, War Thunder, Star Citizen, and of course MWO.

My job as Operations Sergeant is to hold formal training/practice events, in which we as a unit, better our playing skills, coordination, and kinship.

You do not have to be a Veteran to join BWC, but you will find the unit is disciplined, we don’t put up with nonsense such as racism, harassment, or vulgar Coms. We do play casual as well as competitively, and we fight under the ethos “One Team, One Fight”.

If you want to be part of an organized, professional group, I would highly recommend taking a look and submitting and application to join BWC.

http://the-bwc.com

Geronimo-Out!

Edited by Citizen-Geronimo, 04 December 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#6420 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

In The Black Widow Company Veteran Merc Unit we have many options for you, as a member of this community, to take interest in. We currently have two tournament teams, one for EU and one for NA, that both do very well. We also have line comapanies, like Geronimo alluded to above, that will be the tip of our spear in Community Warfare. Each company has a command structure in place with full supporting elements for operations, planning, training, and logistics. It's not uncommon, and I'm sure many of you out there have seen us, to see [BWC] groups from 4 man lances to 12 man teams on the field.

BWC as a gaming company has a meta game of our own. We have a rank structure and award program that rewards our members for their in game and community actions and achievements and with the MWO Regiment we've tied many of those awards to the in game award system.

And like we've said before MWO is not the only game we play in The Black Widow Company. I have played PS2, War Thunder, and others when I'm taking a break from MWO or when we have a large operation to support. Yes, you'll find many tankers in PS2 that are Mechwarriors in MWO. And speaking of tankers we've started up a small unit in World of Tanks recently under our Vanguard Regiment, which is the unit in our outfit that is responsible for unsupported/semi-supported games.

On top of all that we offer is the fact that we are a close knit community of people that like to play video games in a team, having fun together. We support each other out of game as well.

If you are unattached and don't want to Lone Wolf anymore, or simply want to see what being a member of a top gaming company is like, check us out at http://the-bwc.com . We have been a part of this community for over two years now and I don't see us leaving any time soon.

See you on the other side!

Yuba Frank
Legionnaire
The Black Widow Company

Edited by Yuba Frank, 05 December 2014 - 08:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users