Black Widow Company Veteran Mercs

6898 replies to this topic

#6821 Silent_Jester

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

How I've improved at my game after joining BWC...

I'm a far cry form our best pilots, but since joining BWC I've learned a few tricks to be effective. I've learned, and am still learning to be a good light pilot through our recon training course. I've found I really like brawling through our stroker training course. I'm learning better builds just by talking to my teammates. My damage mitigation has improved.
Heck, just learning better team play and communication has improved my game by leaps and bounds from when I first started. There isn't a time I log in that I'm not learning something new either through a training course or a drop.

#6822 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:17 PM

I've always been a casual player, still am. I want to win and do well, I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. After starting out in closed beta I played with some decent players and groups... won a lot in the group queue but was sitting at a .89 KDR when I joined BWC in May '15. After playing with the members of BWC, listening to their advice, watching them play and participating in as many BWC training events as I could i've improved my overall KDR to 1.01 (according to my profile stats) and i'm happily at 1.30 according to the leader board (as of today).

If you have the desire to improve, and are willing to listen to advice and try it out, BWC will give you the knowledge you need to put into practice and improve your play.

#6823 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

How I improved at my game with BWC:

Of course, joining a gaming group has many advantages. You play with a lot of the same people, you share a Team Speak channel, you learn team work playing video games, leadership, and sacrifice. You share load outs, have practice sessions in the Private Lobby and duel. We do tons of things to help people get better.

But what really helped me the most was joining a "Company" - the EU 'Red B@stards." I have been a member for over 3 years, and playing together makes all the difference. My game has not only improved but also my commitment to my fellow players to not only fight to win, but to play and have fun.

#6824 Superman

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

In past FPS games, I usually lone wolfed, duoed, or scrimmed in 5v5 matches mostly. However, you will hit a plateau unless you master teamwork when playing against disciplined, competitive opponents.

After joining BWC, my teamwork and communications have improved noticeably. Our trainings emphasize not on individual skill, but on effective means of accomplishing objectives. Many times, one is so focused on his or hers gameplay that they tunnel vision and lose track of their surroundings. Here in BWC, we train everyone situational awareness, and especially being mindful of relaying concise and useful information to your squad. Additionally, effective communication is paramount for ensuring your lance's survival, and our lance commanders are trained to relay lance sitreps up to company command, and company orders down to lance members.

And with many of our members in active duty or retired military, I feel that we have a distinct advantage when it comes to teamwork. So thank you BWC, for letting me to truly experience, learn, and apply these important concepts to my gaming career, and also to my real life endeavours. Salute!

#6825 LazySiege

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

Why I have stayed with BWC:

I am at BWC for more then a year now and i realy like it. There are so many trainings and Awards which i could earn, there are the possibility to get an billet position to do something for BWC and so on. And till today i did not fin one guy who i dont like. So BWC is up till now the best gaming community i know.

#6826 DieselBurner

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

Your most memorable moment with BWC:

Pick one? I have so many memorable moments! Every time the team is together and working well together is awesome! I guess my most recent memorable in-game moment would be the FW drop where we went 48-0! Or maybe when I was "honored" with the Blue Falcon medal! lol! Or maybe when you score really high damage in a 12 man full of cold blooded killers and someone singles you out for congrats!

BWC is a fun, skill developing, friendly place to play Mechwarrior Online! Try us out!

the-bwc.com

-Diesel

#6827 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

When asked what my most memorable moment with BWC is I can't answer. Playing with the members as part of a team is what always stands out, from fooling around doing something fun or putting our tryhard hats on for a bit. Training events or even taking what i've learned into the solo queue. Heck even trying out the different games with other BWC members that don't even play MWO. So in a sense, I guess the most memorable part of BWC for me is the community itself.

#6828 Silent_Jester

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:53 PM

Your most memorable moment with BWC... Like others before me, I can't say that I can pick out just one. I've been a part of some fantastic, quick strike, efficient CW drops. I've been involved in some great 4 man, 8 man and 12 man drops, and been amazed at the quality of drop leadership. I've seen BWC come together across our gaming community for a fund raiser for a member, and help a member get a new computer built within a couple of months. No game I've ever played has shown the kind of tight knit, familial behavior, on and off the battlefields. I'm sorry I can't pinpoint just one memory. There are just too many good ones. One Team, One Fight. http://the-bwc.com/ Like my company motto says.. Come see the difference...

#6829 LazySiege

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

How I've improved at my game after joining BWC:
Nearly evertime i play i log into TS, its a big change for me, as i never did this before. Also my rank got up, my damage migration (i even did not know about it before) is much much better and now i even start teaching and perhaps leading from time to time, too.

#6830 LazySiege

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

Your most memorable moment with BWC

I don´t have "this" most memorable moment with BWC. There are a lot diffrent great moments, the first rly Successfull Faction Drop, the first 12-0 with BWC. 10 kills in one game, cause of the perfect Support i got. The help you get when you have a problem. And mostly all the great people you meet, i think this is the most memorable, the people who make the BWC community.

#6831 xzenocrimzie

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

I've been chilling with BWC for almost 3 years now, and it is a community like no other. I don't mean to say that offhandedly - BWC has been around for long enough that they know and understand the ins and outs of making a gaming community stand the test of time. They know how to run the organization and to maintain a constant stream of fun for everyone involved even if it's a full team of 4 lances on MWO, or an 80 man platoon in Planetside 2.

BWC not only wants to create a fun space where we can play games together and enjoy our hobby, but to help members improve how they play. Members in BWC who are very good at games constantly are helping the less experienced improve their gameplay both formally in BWC sanctioned training, and informal gameplay together. There's no gap between those who've been in BWC for a long time, and those who just started. We're all on one team.

We've been in MWO since it was in beta all those years ago, and we plan on sticking with the game for longer still. Our MWO regiment has done nothing but grown since its inception, and we're continuing to make our mark on CW.

I hope to welcome you to BWC sometime in the future.

#6832 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

After joining BWC, I had the chance to regularly play with others who had been playing this game since its beginning -- I only found out about the game after open beta ended, and started playing some time around Summer/Fall 2013. By playing in groups with more experienced players, I was able to get feedback on what I was doing wrong, see examples of good positioning and tactics, learn how to build much better mechs, etc. I also took advantage of every BWC training I could, and attended hundreds of MWO operations and practices.

Within a few months, I was regularly posting matches with very high damage and kill scores, defeating some of our best players in duels, and learning how to drop lead effectively. Two years later, I'm one of BWC's most active MWO leaders and I can effectively play any role during our matches, all thanks to BWC's members and organizational structure that facilitates improved gameplay.

#6833 CommEE

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:10 AM

If you are looking for a team to play MWO with, BWC is making a recruitment push - come check us out at www.the-bwc.com

We are running get-to-know-you operations throughout the week and are looking for pilots in all timezones and of all skill levels - we are a large unit of adult gamers and can accommodate almost any play style

#6834 DrZombie

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:53 AM

Why I started to look for a team to play with in MWO : I was tired of the disorganised gameplay, the bickering and the pointless 'i told you so's '.

I'veleft that all behind when I joined BWC. We enjoy a mix of casual and strictly organised gameplay, with AAR and none of the drama that plagues most clans.

Come and join us at www.the-bwc.com, you'll not regret it.

#6835 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

My most memorable moment with BWC was also the longest continuous one. Back in June 2014, BWC ran a 24-hour-long operation to raise money for a member's bike ride in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure. We essentially ran three of our internal Lore Campaign Scenario packs back-to-back, 8 hours each, in a row (in private lobbies). Playing MWO for 24 hours straight is an interesting experience. Playing it with and against two dozen of your fellow unit members for the entire time really helps you get to know each other. It was a great experience, and it really showed that BWC encourages teamwork and community within online gaming.

#6836 Superman

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

As a four-year veteran of BWC, the best experiences I've had in my gaming career have been with our MWO regiment. One event that stood out in particular was our huge in-house Trial of Bloodright tournament. I'm talking a 64-man bracket of 1v1 duels in all weight classes to see who can win the honor of being Bloodnamed. The fights were livestreamed and we had commentators and comedians cracking jokes, the whole package. The duels were intense, but friendly, and everyone had a great time. Moments like these are what make BWC such an awesome place to be in, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

/salute!

#6837 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:03 AM

Been with BWC for nearly two years, still having a blast and my playing is constantly improving. Great bunch of people.

#6838 MacLannan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

BWC - Veteran founded, owned, and operated

We are recruiting those that are willing to play as part of a team; any skill level is ok, so long as you're willing to work as a team to get the job done. We have trainings, multiple time-zone operations, a solid organizational scheme, the whole 9 yards. We also have a presence in World of Warcraft, World of Warships, World of Tanks, Star Citizen, ARK, ARMA3, Overwatch - pretty much any game out there, you'll find someone to play that game with within BWC.

www.the-bwc.com

#6839 SpL33n

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

Need to try and find time to start playing this again - miss playing with all you guys and gals!
EDIT: I know I'm not BWC anymore, but I don't want to remove my signature - love my Hello Kitty Jenner too much!

Edited by SpL33n, 14 November 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#6840 Azghuld

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

you knuckleheads start a 40k Eternal Crusade group yet?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users