474 replies to this topic

#361 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostGillopi, on 20 March 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

don't go here stuck up snobs spend hours in looking for group and most are just pug 4 mans hoping they have one good player to leach off of

Well, since all you can do is create a 4 man because PGI doesn't allow any more than that, and almost everyone, with the exception of a couple units, have grown tired of the hoops necessary to create a larger group, sounds to me that your issues are with the game mechanics.

As far as stuck up, I've never been part of a more ingratiating group than the FWLM. But good luck in your search for a place you fit in.

#362 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 March 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Well, since all you can do is create a 4 man because PGI doesn't allow any more than that, and almost everyone, with the exception of a couple units, have grown tired of the hoops necessary to create a larger group, sounds to me that your issues are with the game mechanics.

As far as stuck up, I've never been part of a more ingratiating group than the FWLM. But good luck in your search for a place you fit in.

I agree with this, except for the part about FWLM being the best group to hang with, the DHB is just a tad better :lol:

#363 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Ingratiating
synonyms: sycophantic, toadying, fawning, unctuous, obsequious

Errm, inappropriate word choice? :lol:

#364 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 20 March 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Ingratiating
synonyms: sycophantic, toadying, fawning, unctuous, obsequious

Errm, inappropriate word choice? :)
Synonyms disarming, endearing, insinuating, winning, winsome

That's the difference between Google/Wikipedia and Miriram Webster

Edited by Roadbeer, 20 March 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#365 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

i'm finding the fwl guys to be a reasonable bunch of folks, could use a few more uK guys tho. And anyone (Roadbeer) who knows that much about bacon must be cool!!

#366 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

As a former FWLM, I think it may be a miss-understanding on the house marik teamspeak, Don't limit yourself to the general bays all the units are looking to recruit and most welcome visitors into their channels.

#367 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

People are usually always happy to group up in the TS. Those who aren't generally don't log onto the TS or are in a channel that makes it clear they are not dropping. Things do tend to be slow in the overnight 2-10 am EST times. Even then we have some Australians who like to log in from time to time and then you can find a teammate with a cool accent. ^_^

#368 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

Now I'm in does this mean b33f will stop with the comedy head shots on me? :)

#369 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

Not likely, but there is a chance that it'll make it into one of his videos, so you have that going for you :)

#370 Epic Banana

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Hey guys, regarding the post I made some months ago about the visual state of our website.

Here's the deal: I'm really good at drawing. This is my passion, my talent, basically the only thing I've ever been good at as a person. I've learned the basics of Graphic Design back in senior high school and I've been slowly delving into the digital media with my Intuos tablet ever since. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not just a random guy you won't give a flying f_ck about spewing his hate over FWL and our website, and I'm not pulling stuff out of my rear end.

Now, I'm not an expert since all I've ever done is acomplished with hard work, since I'm self taught because of my inaccessibility to people who could properly teach me how to utilize Photoshop for drawing. Still, I'm capable of some decent work. I'm not some kind of proper web or graphics designer, nor a professional illustrator or anything like that, but I do have the fundamental knowledge and principals.

Would you guys be interested in cooperating with me into acheaving the artistic and aesthetic uplift of our website? I can't promise anything appart from my abundant time to work with you guys. Been part of MWO and FWL since closed beta and I think it's time for me to do my part in our community. I require no short of compentation from what I will/would/could do, only for you guys to be friendly cooperative and understanding :rolleyes:.

Now if my offer still does not interest you, could I at least do an illustration of our Purple (I still think it's pink) Eagle?

Cheers, Epic Banana

Edited by Epic Banana, 27 March 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#371 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Well I for one welcome the offer, I don't think anyone would say no to your offer to help improve our site. Looking forward to see your work. :rolleyes:

#372 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostEpic Banana, on 27 March 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Hey guys, regarding the post I made some months ago about the visual state of our website.

Here's the deal: I'm really good at drawing. This is my passion, my talent, basically the only thing I've ever been good at as a person. I've learned the basics of Graphic Design back in senior high school and I've been slowly delving into the digital media with my Intuos tablet ever since. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not just a random guy you won't give a flying f_ck about spewing his hate over FWL and our website, and I'm not pulling stuff out of my rear end.

Now, I'm not an expert since all I've ever done is acomplished with hard work, since I'm self taught because of my inaccessibility to people who could properly teach me how to utilize Photoshop for drawing. Still, I'm capable of some decent work. I'm not some kind of proper web or graphics designer, nor a professional illustrator or anything like that, but I do have the fundamental knowledge and principals.

Would you guys be interested in cooperating with me into acheaving the artistic and aesthetic uplift of our website? I can't promise anything appart from my abundant time to work with you guys. Been part of MWO and FWL since closed beta and I think it's time for me to do my part in our community. I require no short of compentation from what I will/would/could do, only for you guys to be friendly cooperative and understanding :).

Now if my offer still does not interest you, could I at least do an illustration of our Purple (I still think it's pink) Eagle?

Cheers, Epic Banana

Let's continue this at www.house-marik.net
There's some good information here and that's a better venue for discussing back-end site dealios.

#373 R6Nighthawk

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Just put in my application on the site, can't wait to finally drop with some fellow Mariks! Been pugging this whole time since MWO first started in beta, and the randomness/complete lack of strategy has been killing me. I'm not a great pilot in any sense but am willing to learn! See you guys on Teamspeak sometime soon. :D

#374 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostmiSs, on 20 March 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hey guys,

I know it's Internet and this is a competitive environment etc... but the community, factions or recruits threads are not a suitable place to pick up fights.

Please have your '"fights'' on the Battlefield instead!

Thanks in advance™

MisS,

Since MWO doesn't offer any form of roleplay "fighting" in-game where else is this aspect of the Community interaction supposed to happen? Given the very sad state of affairs the Forums were Moderated prior, lets have an open mind to leave the Community handle things on their own within reason moving forward. Thanks.

Edited by Truthstar, 11 May 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#375 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostR6Nighthawk, on 11 May 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Just put in my application on the site, can't wait to finally drop with some fellow Mariks! Been pugging this whole time since MWO first started in beta, and the randomness/complete lack of strategy has been killing me. I'm not a great pilot in any sense but am willing to learn! See you guys on Teamspeak sometime soon. ;)

Welcome to the house, my friend. You will find out quickly that playing with a group of like-minded people makes the MWO experience much more exciting. Now get out there and stomp some robots.

#376 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

What am I to do? My insanity drove me to move from unit to unit and account to account, now I have four Marik medallions, LOL! Cheers Mariks!

#377 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

I have returned to the service of house Marik where I belong. I will reapply for the FWLM, if you want me back, or I will serve on my own.

#378 RapidFire7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 412 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

I'm sure we will have you. I tell you - the space bacon here is the best!

#379 R3APR

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 May 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

I have returned to the service of house Marik where I belong. I will reapply for the FWLM, if you want me back, or I will serve on my own.

Ed, I don't think anyone would say no to you coming back. I've always enjoyed dropping with you.

#380 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

Just a quick note to mention that we will be adding a few more House activities soon. So be checking the forums on the House website!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users