81 replies to this topic

#21 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I think it's interesting that www.houseliao.com is cited as being the home of the "majority" of Liao players. That URL seems broken.

#22 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

www.houseliao.com link used to forward to www.capellanconfederation.com a website owned and run by MaxLiao. But Max doesn't play MWO anymore. Upset and negative has the once once great gaming group gone. Those who are still around don't even visit forums anymore.

#23 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 27 August 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

www.houseliao.com link used to forward to www.capellanconfederation.com a website owned and run by MaxLiao. But Max doesn't play MWO anymore. Upset and negative has the once once great gaming group gone. Those who are still around don't even visit forums anymore.

Heh... I just posted something today... Check it out !
I am collecting Free Lance Liao under one banner ! LlAO !!

By the way.. Niko...
Kon is confirmed to be always in-charge of Zhi Zhu.

Edited by ShinVector, 28 August 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

Actually I'm just the most forum-active member of the group. And somehow stuck with making the new introduction and such for revitalizing it as CW approaches. Popnut was one of the original cofounders, but disappeared before 2013. Hugh would be the other one, and WolfP would be the commander, with many other faces some popular some randomly appearing and unnoticed as members. Ownership is pretty much shared.

I'm just confirmed to always be there, my role shifts pretty often. But as the one that is the most active, it does make some sense for me to have the group in order to lay down garrisons, make moves, etc. I somehow imagine we'd have to be able to react to other movements.

Though what saddens me is after some thinking, I figured out how the logistics of CW is going to work. Does the name Star Control mean anything?

The first one. Look up the original Star Control on youtube. A full game not just the melee. "Move, Fortify, Colonize, Mine." I have the feeling it will be just about the same.

On a random side note: Zhizhu also means Spider.

<.<
>.>
No, seriously it does.

#25 Karzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

You changed your flag ;) !

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostKarzer, on 28 August 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

You changed your flag ;) !

The idea was to have the unit as a merc unit but it got made as a faction unit because of my flag. Thought changing the flag would change the unit, but no luck. They want their options as a merc unit rather than a faction unit. Granted, merc units supposedly have the pay the black market prices and faction units would get discounts on faction mechs, there isn't any specifics on whether or not faction units are just groups in a faction or if they would have the planet taking freedom of merc units. We simply don't know.

#27 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:24 AM

I'm just giving this thread a bump and letting people know that we are still alive, small, but alive and growing and any players looking for a tight knit mature group to play with, come to www.zhizhu-mercs.net and check us out.

#28 Arkroma

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

I'll confess that when I see "zhizhu", "spider" is the first thing came to my mind rather than "pillars".
:ph34r:

#29 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Yeah ironically propnut who founded us hasn't been around for awhile. Me I hear zhizhu I picture a Chinese ****** lol but lordred is known to be deadly with his spider :)

#30 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

ZhiZhu is indeed spider in Mandarin. I guess it has something to go with the dialect since Chinese is a very broad term of culture with many different sub-languages. Mandarin and Cantonese are the main languages of Chinese yet have similarities. For instance, the characters to illustrate a meaning like Spider is 蜘蛛. Funny thing is that there is the traditional text and the simplified text... thanks to Chairman Mao...

However, the sounding to pronounce 蜘蛛 in Mandarin is: zhīzhū. In Cantonese it is: dzi dzü.

#31 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

In other news, did you know that my Last name is very similar to Liao? Partially the reason why I joined Liao faction cause I'm Chinese too...

Except I realized that Liao faction is like a dictatorship with zealous warriors... I think I fit more into House Marik since I am living with a western point of view...

#32 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostZeProme, on 18 September 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Except I realized that Liao faction is like a dictatorship with zealous warriors... I think I fit more into House Marik since I am living with a western point of view...

That's the image propagated by the enemies of Liao. It is true that the Capellan Confederation focuses more on the state than the individual, but it's far from a "dictatorship". Similar to the modern Chinese state, it's a pretty far stretch from a pure dictatorship (in my opinion). Capellan Chancellors always have the well being of the state and the people in mind.

#33 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

We're merc, but after 300 loyal years of service, it is evident we are born Liao and have raised Liao children.
We hope the Chancellor embraces the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers as her own shortly.

#34 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

And Zhizhu looks forward to fighting along side you gent. Off topic I dunno why we are going merc corp on the forum tags in game it still shows our unit with a Liao affiliation. *shrugs*...

#35 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

Just a friendly bump

#36 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

Oh damn it Mr. White.

At this rate, I'm gonna have to do the rewrite sooner than later. I suppose that wouldn't hurt.

I actually do have a plan, but still working out the kinks with megamek HQ. See here.

I had a thought that a bit of an introduction through a unit diary/log, showcasing battles and adventures in a lore friendly way leading up to this moment would draw quite a bit of interest (if for no other reason than to simply read and imagine it). Enough people reading it would in turn talk about it, which may in turn inspire people to reach out and join. If nothing else, something 'different' than "We're here, join us."

Of course that doesn't change the friendly and helpful atmosphere, hanging out with people, talking about pretty much anything we're into and jumping into whichever game we're in the mood for (be it MWO, War Thunder, Warframe, DayZ, soon N1H1, Battlefield, Titan Fall or what-have-you).

In the mean time, I ask that people take a peek at three threads that Zhizhu keeps.

This one is the Perfect Screenshot Thread, frequently providing you with wallpaper quality screenshots at the best possible quality.
This is the Dire Wolf versus King Crab thread, now host to many Megamek battles including the recent Tarantula 4 legged mech versus Urban mech and now Phoenix Pack versus Clan pack first wave! The narratives are increasing for each, painting more and more of a picture for each battle.
And this thread, which was created to help those of you who get motion sick while playing the game by telling you why and asking for a developer response. If this is happening to you, please confirm it and give any input you can.

The atmosphere during the first 5 minutes of this video is our typical atmosphere when we have a large number of people on.

Edited by Koniving, 22 September 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#37 Karzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Do you guys have a little logo a something? I'm collecting all current capellan unit logo's so we can stick them on our web-site for great justice.

Kinda like Alpha legion and RavenWood logos are here: http://tikonov.ru/

#38 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

We do not have one, yet.

#39 Karzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Allright. I've got TCR, CC.com, LCC, SIL, TBW, TCAF, AA and 1-TR. It would be good to have yours as well sometime ;) .

#40 Karzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Just as a side thing, if you want I can make you logo if you want ;) .

Portfolio:
Spoiler

Edited by Karzer, 29 September 2014 - 12:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users