MWO Statistics Part 1: House Davion are ahead!

101 replies to this topic

#21 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

It will be a cold day in hell if ever I join forces with Liao or heaven forbid, more cold, the snakes!
Personal opinion. If the house decides this, I go the lone wolf route.

Besides that: The few, the proud.

Take care all and see you in the field.
Daniel

editing out minor typos sure ain't that hard *cough*

Edited by Steadfast, 14 March 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#22 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I am aghast.

Seriously, you expect me to think that the average Steiner jock is gonna be afraid of facing off against 1.5 Davion Centurions and Catapults? Roadkill, my friends, Atlas-induced roadkill. Even 2:1 doesn't change my feelings on it. maybe even 3:1...

My take on it is: "Doesn't matter if we collectively have done our homework."

Sad truth of it is, when this thing breaks Beta and goes live for reals, the hundreds of thousands if not millions of kids trying it out won't care one whit about the backstory. Those who do care are already here. You'd have to be under a rock to not know about this venture by now. And they will only care about 1) Is it fun? [sure looks like it :) ] 2) Am I getting good at it? [depends on your experiences] 3) If I am good at it, which faction/clan/guild should I join?

Question 3 is where WE come in. WE will have been preparing. WE will have been honing our gameplay. WE will be pwning when the Green Flag drops. And THOSE stats are the only thing that's gonna count when the newb 15-year-old looks at the Sword and the Dragon and the Green-Arm and that Awesome Blue Fist. When WE start gobbling up huge tracts of IS land, we will also gobble up recruits by the dropship-full. WE will, eventually, be in the position to dictate which of the elites on the other factions can join US. Happened that way in Counterstrike, CoD, WoW, Runes of Magic, WoT, basically any clan-based multiplayer.

Kicking Tail is like building the stadium in Field of Dreams. If you kick it, they will come.

Edited by Lord Banshee, 14 March 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#23 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

::yawn::

Y'all are acting as if we'll have free will on who we will fight, and who will be an ally.........we won't. Rather than stirring up discourse with trash talk about who is going to beat up who, these energies might be better directed toward building a strong community where all can enjoy the game.

#24 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Actually I allways have seen the house boards more of a RP kind of thing, i don't very much care with whom I'll kick it later on, as long as the participating pilots refrain from beeing lardheads, and start calling each and everyone a noob or worse - all is well.
Take care all
Daniel

#25 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Thank you all for your attentiveness towards this issue and timely response.

For those from other houses commenting here in House Steiner, I am lead to believe your interest in this topic is superficial to your deeper intentions to become a Steiner member, to which I welcome you. I will address your concerns in two posts (as forums wont accept it in one):

View PostKarl Streiger, on 14 March 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Burn all CBT Novells - because it is nothing more as pro Davion propaganda

declare that Victor Steiner Davion is only a agent of ComStar settled after the real VSD died at a birthday party because somebody though he is a piniata.

At least Steiner is about 30% of all players because we have the money to hire Mercs and LoneWolfs

Davion propaganda is strong and would be difficult to irradiate, therefor we may need to fight fire with fire and produce our own. I agree our wealth does enable greater ability to employ others however nothing is more valuable than loyalty which we cannot buy from mercs\lonewolves.

View PostSnowDragon, on 14 March 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

Pay me file:///C:/Users/Brendan/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png

Done! I have a few million C-Bills left from last night’s entertainment that I can spare.

View PostAdridos, on 14 March 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

Almost all novels are pro Davion propaganda. file:///C:/Users/Brendan/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png

Take it from the bright side. I have 5 Daviots to kill for myself, because we are outnumbered 5:1.

P.S According to your rounded chart (only the number of players, not the percentages), there are exactly 1911 Capellans. file:///C:/Users/Brendan/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.png

You may be outnumber 5:1 compared to Davions but overall House Liao is (statistically) insignificant, as each of you are outnumbered ~250:1 to non-House Liao members. You are more than 3x better off if you were Steiner.

View PostLina Thoren, on 14 March 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

Much of this is thanks to the MW4 single-player campaign, I suspect: it's the only introduction the the faction that a lot of people've had, and it reinforced Steiner as the villain in the FedCom Civil war. (Never mind the fact that just as many Lyrans fought against Katherine Steiner-Davion as Davions did, and just as many Davions backed her. Hell, their own Marshal of the Armies backed Katherine until almost the very end.)

Short on time, so my answer'll be brief: only way to counter that is to se the example ourselves. Not enough to tell everyone how awesome we are; we'll have to show 'em.

I'll expand on this later.

I eagerly anticipate hearing your solution(s)

View Post100mile, on 14 March 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

It ain't propaganda when it's the truth...

Although we regard Davions well, do not test our tolerance of such empty mindedness. I suspect the balance of houses will soon be upset with impinging invasion from periphery forces.

View PostKarel Spaten, on 14 March 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

See, I'm just a little concerned that the FWL is smaller than Rasalhague...

Minor concern to us, however this can be resolved by alliance with Steiner.

View PostMadLetter, on 14 March 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

That is, until the Maskirovka takes an interest in your liberal tactics and decides to have a... talk, of sorts, with you. And your family. And friends. Just to ensure 'loyalty'. Ahem.

I'll just join Steiner via contract, if you can pay me and leave me Command Rights while on the mission.

If you simply join Steiner you will always have command rights and not need to worry about money and contracts, just how you will spend your C-Bills! Maskirovka threats and demands will not be negotiated with.

View PostAdridos, on 14 March 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

"All Liao-designed 'Mechs (especially early designs) have proven over and over again to be thoroughly well-designed and capable, as well as cheap and easy to build. As proof that quality over quantity is preferred the average Liao Troops tend to be more skilled than their counterparts from other Houses, and the CCAF in general learns more practical skills to make the best of their situation; this is thank to an emphasis on providing excellent training and equipment to the military, making the CCAF one of the best trained militaries in the Inner Sphere. Even though most Liao units were general smaller than most other House units following large military campaigns Liao units are usually forced into smaller sizes to accommodate loss of supplies while maintaining the same number of units."

See above – it does not matter how strong your mechs are you cannot take down 250 mechs alone! However Steiner industry can better support your mech number requirements.

View PostVictor Rykers, on 14 March 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

My thoughs exactly file:///C:/Users/Brendan/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.png

Money makes the galaxy go round.

Not if the money is in the other guys’ hands!

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 14 March 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Oh dear, perhaps you Steiners would like to join in this little aliance between the Mariks, Dracs, and CC so far? With Davions gone then we can get back to our usual disputes.

See below - forums won’t let me put any more into one message as quotes get stuffed up. Also someone else has to comment after me because if I post now the server joins the messages and stuffs up again.

Edited by nubnub, 14 March 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#26 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

D A V I O N = REFORMED STARLEAGUE

Edited by Vexgrave Lars, 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#27 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Continued from last post and also response to Petroff...

View PostSteadfast, on 14 March 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

It will be a cold day in hell if ever I join forces with Liao or heaven forbid, more cold, the snakes!

Personal opinion. If the house decides this, I go the lone wolf route.

Besides that: The few, the proud.

Take care all and see you in the field.

Daniel

editing out minor typos sure ain't that hard *cough*

I understand pessimism in collaborating with these houses, however House Steiner has always allowed for diplomacy to prevail. Although we are strong on the battlefield, our ultimate forte is the negotiating table which enabled the generation of the strongest forces ever; the Lyrann Commonwealth. I welcome negotiations with other houses if they’re sincere.

View PostLord Banshee, on 14 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I am aghast.

Seriously, you expect me to think that the average Steiner jock is gonna be afraid of facing off against 1.5 Davion Centurions and Catapults? Roadkill, my friends, Atlas-induced roadkill. Even 2:1 doesn't change my feelings on it. maybe even 3:1...

My take on it is: "Doesn't matter if we collectively have done our homework."

Sad truth of it is, when this thing breaks Beta and goes live for reals, the hundreds of thousands if not millions of kids trying it out won't care one whit about the backstory. Those who do care are already here. You'd have to be under a rock to not know about this venture by now. And they will only care about 1) Is it fun? [sure looks like it file:///C:/Users/Brendan/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png] 2) Am I getting good at it? [depends on your experiences] 3) If I am good at it, which faction/clan/guild should I join?

Question 3 is where WE come in. WE will have been preparing. WE will have been honing our gameplay. WE will be pwning when the Green Flag drops. And THOSE stats are the only thing that's gonna count when the newb 15-year-old looks at the Sword and the Dragon and the Green-Arm and that Awesome Blue Fist. When WE start gobbling up huge tracts of IS land, we will also gobble up recruits by the dropship-full. WE will, eventually, be in the position to dictate which of the elites on the other factions can join US. Happened that way in Counterstrike, CoD, WoW, Runes of Magic, WoT, basically any clan-based multiplayer.

Kicking Tail is like building the stadium in Field of Dreams. If you kick it, they will come.

I agree with you that compared to others each Steiner Mechwarrior is multiple times more effective however what we face here is more than 1.5 – 3x; in fact for every Steiner there are over 70 others who wish to take our wealth. 70 vs 1! I do hope we take up recruits by the dropship full but we must generate systems and procedures to do so.

View PostWild Hog, on 14 March 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

::yawn::

Y'all are acting as if we'll have free will on who we will fight, and who will be an ally.........we won't. Rather than stirring up discourse with trash talk about who is going to beat up who, these energies might be better directed toward building a strong community where all can enjoy the game.

There will be no stronger community than House Steiner. This is not trash talk, we are building this now before the other houses see what’s coming.

View PostSteadfast, on 14 March 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Actually I allways have seen the house boards more of a RP kind of thing, i don't very much care with whom I'll kick it later on, as long as the participating pilots refrain from beeing lardheads, and start calling each and everyone a noob or worse - all is well.

Take care all

Daniel

Why did you join a house then?

Anyhow,
I will be generating the next set of statistics soon so keep watch. In the meantime continue to devise ways to increase our numbers and strengthen House Steiner.

#28 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postnubnub, on 14 March 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

Dear fellow Steiners, unfortunately for I have some bad news.

We are currently falling behind in out recruitment figures. Of the ~65000 users on MWO, ~14% are currently enlisted to a house or role. Steiners only make up 9.94% of enlisted members; about equal with House Kurita (10.73%) but House Davion have 50% more members (~14%). See the figure below.

Posted Image

Although our ties with the Davions are strong at present in the commonwealth, we must implement strategies to either convert those in other houses, merc\lone wolfs, or enlist members currently not aligned, especially considering the large proportion who are mercenaries or lone wolves.

Remember, this game is not just about mech warfare; we have to take into account role and community warfare and we must remain one step ahead if we are going to succeed.

Any recommendations for recruitment or other strategies are welcomed!

While I have no interest in changing affiliations at this time and hope that relations between the peoples of the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns remain strong and mutually-beneficial, I am interested in your methodologies - from where did you get the players-per-affiliation data, and how can you be certain of the veracity of said data? :D

#29 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 14 March 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

While I have no interest in changing affiliations at this time and hope that relations between the peoples of the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns remain strong and mutually-beneficial, I am interested in your methodologies - from where did you get the players-per-affiliation data, and how can you be certain of the veracity of said data? :)

I too hope our alliance continues to grow :D Perhaps future statistics will show this. A am 99% confident that this data represents the current state of the IS (as at 15/3/3049) however I cannot disclose my source - please don't be disappointed as its only privy to Steiners. You can try validate the data if you want but this may take some time! And you will come to the same result.

I can say though that there is more to come...

#30 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostLina Thoren, on 14 March 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

Much of this is thanks to the MW4 single-player campaign, I suspect: it's the only introduction the the faction that a lot of people've had, and it reinforced Steiner as the villain in the FedCom Civil war. (Never mind the fact that just as many Lyrans fought against Katherine Steiner-Davion as Davions did, and just as many Davions backed her. Hell, their own Marshal of the Armies backed Katherine until almost the very end.)

Short on time, so my answer'll be brief: only way to counter that is to se the example ourselves. Not enough to tell everyone how awesome we are; we'll have to show 'em.

I'll expand on this later.

Perhaps they displayed Steiner as the villian since Katherine (or Katrina as she called herself) killed one of the most beloved rulers in the Inner Sphere to gain power, her own mother.

#31 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostMoenrg, on 14 March 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Perhaps they displayed Steiner as the villian since Katherine (or Katrina as she called herself) killed one of the most beloved rulers in the Inner Sphere to gain power, her own mother.

Indeed - I would argue that it's not so much displaying House Steiner or the Lyran Commonwealth/Alliance as villainous as portraying Katherine Steiner-Davion (who happened to prefer being called Katrina Steiner, in order to play on the popularity of her grandmother) as the villainess that she very much was.

#32 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postnubnub, on 14 March 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

I too hope our alliance continues to grow :D Perhaps future statistics will show this. A am 99% confident that this data represents the current state of the IS (as at 15/3/3049) however I cannot disclose my source - please don't be disappointed as its only privy to Steiners. You can try validate the data if you want but this may take some time! And you will come to the same result.

I can say though that there is more to come...

Fair enough. :)

Though, I am curious as to whether your source took into account (among other things) the skewing of numbers that might result from a single individual having multiple identities ("alts", if you will) either within or across affiliations and/or infiltrators from these supposed periphery bandits calling themselves "Clans", as well as those mercenaries and "lone wolves" who would serve only one nation but, for reasons of their own, decline to actually join the duly-recognized armed forces of said nation...? ;)

#33 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 14 March 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Fair enough. :D

Though, I am curious as to whether your source took into account (among other things) the skewing of numbers that might result from a single individual having multiple identities ("alts", if you will) either within or across affiliations and/or infiltrators from these supposed periphery bandits calling themselves "Clans", as well as those mercenaries and "lone wolves" who would serve only one nation but, for reasons of their own, decline to actually join the duly-recognized armed forces of said nation...? :)

These are very good points and will attempt to have them incorperated into the next round. I can think of a few mechanisms already to prevent this but there will always be limitations.

#34 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'd just like to air my support for killing the Davions first.

and second...

and third...

After that, the Capellans.

#35 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

and second...

and third...

You do realize that these words are treasonous as we are currently affiliated thru the Federated commonwealth....But alas it is nothing new..house Steiner has a long history of betrayal and treason...Doesn't include all Steiner's and I hope those of you still capable of reason ( those not driven mad with dreams of power) will understand I am not attempting to paint you with the same brush as.....the rest of them..

#36 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

IIRC the only thing Steiner had on other houses was credits and 4$$ault Mechs. And that's pretty much it.
Now MWO allows all Mechs to be equally important (finally) and as such the returns of Assault Mechs are slightly diminished.
What doesn't diminish is the economical gravity (in comparison to other houses) and if correctly represented in game through better paid contracts, Mercs will be all over Steiner and the 'problem' is solved. Either that or the alliance with Davion. No reason to freak out yet, especially not before the main crowd moves in after the game goes live.

#37 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

View Post100mile, on 15 March 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

You do realize that these words are treasonous as we are currently affiliated thru the Federated commonwealth....But alas it is nothing new..house Steiner has a long history of betrayal and treason...Doesn't include all Steiner's and I hope those of you still capable of reason ( those not driven mad with dreams of power) will understand I am not attempting to paint you with the same brush as.....the rest of them..

He realizes, that you will just use his resources and then try to "liberate" him. :D

#38 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

View PostKanil, on 14 March 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

and second...

and third...

View Post100mile, on 15 March 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

Please forgive the words of Kanil as he does not fully appreciate the support Davions play in our shared prosperity, nor does his view reflect that of other house members. From the inception of MWO we've maintained the strongest alliance ever and we have worked and grown almost equally together at even rates - a point which I can make quite clear through our control in the commonwealth:

Posted Image

Kanil, as much as we are here to destroy our enemies we are also here to strengthen ourselves and our allies. Don't forget this.

#39 Order

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

I will support thee and destroy the Combine with an iron pen15

#40 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

Surprisingly, so little Liao.. There were always plenty of them back at MMNet..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users