Why we really choose House Kurita

130 replies to this topic

#81 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

Love how Kruita shouts power but was unable to conquer the Rasalhague rebellion in 3028. You guys got stoop up to by the smallest faction and couldn't win. That automatically puts you at the bottom of the faction chain. Also we have Japanese women too because we now have 72 of your planets. We also have Viking women. We win over all yall. We got 2 groups. Also we were so awesome one of the Clans joined us. None of you Dracs are even close to that amount of epicness.

#82 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

FRR wasn't so awesome that Ghost Bear joined them, FRR was so pathetic and weak that GB decided to merge to protect them. While you were being conquered by the Clans we were the only House to both defeat the Clans on various planets and reverse-engineered their tech.

FRR only lives due to the grace and thoughtfulness of Kanrei Theodore Kurita. It's not worth our time to re-conquer you, we are concentrating on more worthy foes.

P.S. If you are the smallest and weakest faction, maybe trying to pick a fight with one of the two factions that are your sponsors and protectors isn't the best idea.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 27 August 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#83 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

The FRR only exists because officially Kurita allowed you to exist and only some of our military forces refused to give up on the territory. That's why this was called the Ronin War. If the full force of the Draconis Combine had been brought to bear, there would be no FRR. The FRR exists because it was strategically wise to grant your independence so that a buffer state could be there to relieve some of the military for use in other areas and Steiner is just as guilty of not following through on their end of the bargain as well as they should have, so that's why the FRR are neutral and "friendly but disappointed" with both Steiner and Kurita.
In fact, the award of the White Starburst of Rasalhague still exists but is now up to the FRR to decide if a Draconis Combine person has done enough for the FRR to deserve it.

Edited by Arcainite, 27 August 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#84 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostShatsbasoon, on 02 October 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

BLUCHER!

...and the horses WHINNY!

#85 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

The FRR only exists because officially Kurita allowed you to exist and only some of our military forces refused to give up on the territory. That's why this was called the Ronin War. If the full force of the Draconis Combine had been brought to bear, there would be no FRR. The FRR exists because it was strategically wise to grant your independence so that a buffer state could be there to relieve some of the military for use in other areas and Steiner is just as guilty of not following through on their end of the bargain as well as they should have, so that's why the FRR are neutral and "friendly but disappointed" with both Steiner and Kurita.
In fact, the award of the White Starburst of Rasalhague still exists but is now up to the FRR to decide if a Draconis Combine person has done enough for the FRR to deserve it.

Yeah we also exist because we had the backing of the Commonwealth to, and you guys are cowards. Also I will pick a fight with you because... you do nothing regarding the game government so it only has consequence if PGI says so.

The FRR only exists because officially Kurita allowed you to exist and only some of our military forces refused to give up on the territory

And that tiny military force took 3 worlds and held them against all odds until the Lyrans intervened and then Kruita decided to give us full independence.

No matter what you guys were still unable to defeat the smallest military force ever. We evaded an struck and conquered several times. Also Ghost Bear and the League became friendly on terms after the annihilation of Jaguar. We did not become the Rasalhague Dominion until the 32nd century. Yeah ssssoooooo bad off. We survived the Jihad and everything until The Bears joined us (yes they were the ones who made the first move therefore they joined us). In the 3100s we are among the strongest in existence because the Dracs, Commonwealth, and everyone else did not have the joined forces of a Clan and Inner Sphere faction. Also because you guys are getting beat up by the Clans again (with Wolf burrowing deep into Lyran territory) and you guys at war and eventually winning against Clan Nova Cat (but losing extraneous amounts of troops to the Nova Cat navy forces).

Marik is being struck heavily by the Lyrans at that time, and Liao is "trying" to gain territory but steadily dying out.... like always (sorry but you poor guys lose all the time. Each one of your maps every year just shrinks and shrinks).

Edited by The Advisor, 27 August 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#86 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Gaijin, you should re-read the history of the FRR. The Ronin War was a result of the Coordinator granting independence to Rasalhague, not the cause. I am confused how anyone could arrive at the conclusions you present.

The Combine held control of the FRR's worlds for centuries - in spite of the resistance of some of its native inhabitants - and could have held them for centuries longer. However, this was unnecessarily eating into the military resources of the Combine whilst simultaneously presenting the risk of Lyrans gaining popular support of the Rasalhague people and annexing the entire cluster. Steiner's ambitions were arguably unveiled for all to see when Tamar Pact forces began to violently suppress the newly minted Republic's worlds it still had troops on, not recognising the declaration of independence.

In short, the Free Rasalhague Republic is of more use to the Combine as a noble ally against the Federated Commonwealth, than a conquered and broken nation that chafes under the boot of riot suppression units, with constant threat of sabotage and terrorist attacks and a minimal industrial output. It is sad that you do not value the gift the Coordinator has granted you, and unlike many of your compatriots do not see the wisdom in an independent buffer state as opposed to a a broken-up bone of contention between the Draconis Combine and the Lyrans.

View PostThe Advisor, on 27 August 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Also I will pick a fight with you because... you do nothing regarding the game government so it only has consequence if PGI says so.
So ... are you saying you want to pick a fight with us as the human players, as opposed to our characters or the faction? Why? :P

On a sidenote, it stands to reason that a lot of Rasalhagians are not as content with being conquered by Clan Ghost Bear as you make it out to be, considering those rebels signing up with Tai-sho Katana Tormark and her Dragon's Fury in exchange for the promise of restoring the FRR's freedom and independence. :)

#87 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

It is sad that you do not value the gift the Coordinator has granted you, and unlike many of your compatriots do not see the wisdom in an independent buffer state as opposed to a a broken-up bone of contention between the Draconis Combine and the Lyrans.

Well when its put that way I see- A coordinator that is trying to enslave us through FEAR of both the Dracs and then hatred of the Lyrans.

So ... are you saying you want to pick a fight with us as the human players, as opposed to our characters or the faction? Why? :)

No I am saying I will spit on the Combine and all those who support it. In short the Combine has fallen to an ancient state of the old Japanese governments. You're Warlords fight with themselves, you promote stabbing yourself rather than being captured, POW torture, and now you try to use the League as a puppet

In short, the Free Rasalhague Republic is of more use to the Combine as a noble ally against the Federated Commonwealth

said it yourself. We are just worthless, only to be used and once you would be done we would be destroyed (if Japanese culture holds up to its old standards). You know saying that the combine only wants to USE the League does not make me think any better of you.

The Ronin War was a result of the Coordinator granting independence to Rasalhague

Um nnoooo it was because the Coordinator RECOGNIZED the Independence. The Lyrans did also so try again. These RONIN were no more than rogues which your Coordinator had killed with the help of Rasalhague. The Ronin didn't agree with Rasalhague's independence. Also

After the Free Rasalhague Republic's proclamation of independence on March 13, 3034 was recognized, many Draconis Combine soldiers refused to recognize the realm's independence from House Kurita

Also we killed your old Coordinator:

In 3004, a Rasalhagian bodyguard assassinated Coordinator Hohiro Kurita.

And according to all sources the Rasalhague rebellions had been going on since the Principality of Rasalhague was taken in the 24th century and the Kruitans

The Draconis Combine forces were unable to destroy the guerilla warriors of Rasalhague

However, this was unnecessarily eating into the military resources of the Combine whilst simultaneously presenting the risk of Lyrans gaining popular support of the Rasalhague people and annexing the entire cluster.

And you wanted all the mechs and tech that Primus offered you to stop. And you guys didn't decide anything Primus in reality bribed you to move your troops out and as I quoted above you were UNABLE to quell the rebellion.

In short, the Free Rasalhague Republic is of more use to the Combine as a noble ally against the Federated Commonwealth

Epic failure as we are completely NUETRAL. Also

On the 21st of August 3070 Ragnar Magnusson spoke to the Free Rasalhague Republic government on Orestes; acting on behalf of Clan Ghost Bear and the Ghost Bear Dominion, Magnusson launched what would become a series of negotiations to reach an accord for "all Rasalhagian peoples."
Meanwhile, the Ghost Bears pursued good relations with their subjects, creating the Ghost Bear Dominion. In 3103, the holdout Free Rasalhague Republic merged with the Ghost Bears to form the Rasalhague Dominion.

About the Ghost Bear thing, everyone in Rasalhague was pretty happy. No complaints here.

We are no longer a use to anyone because we are now Beyond your control. Hence the reason we control 72 worlds. You would lose way to many forces for it to be considered worth it. Not to mention it would provoke war with the Lyrans and possibly with Comstar. With the backing of the 2 most powerful civilizations in BT we are not the fearful of you. Also because in MWO you can never conquer our capitol so you can never conquer us.

Seriously saying things like: "We are just using you" is not going to make me feel better about your faction. I was kinda quelled by you guys when you INVADED AND ENSLAVED OUR PEOPLE IN 2330! You brought my hatred of the Combine and its supporters when we were invaded.

*Ends RP*

I don't like kamikaze warriors in real life either. For some strange reason I find blowing yourself up, stabbing your heart, and shooting your head immoral unless it means other lives are at stake, not personal honor.

Edited by The Advisor, 30 August 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#88 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

Kamikaze attacks in World War II only started up when the Imperial Japanese Navy was starting to lose the war - it was a desperation tactic that attempted to trade a plane for a warship as an economy of force exchange. So other people's lives were at stake from their point of view, inasmuch as Japan was starting to lose the war - and Japanese propaganda had promised atrocity and possible eradication for the Japanese people should the Allies prevail. Personal honor was a compensation, not the primary motivation for the attacks.

#89 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

Gotta love trolls. The Advisor, not Void Angel. Guys been around since March and his only posts are complaints/boasts about his weak faction. Just join with the Ghost Bears already, most of the FRR has. FFR/Ghost Bear Dominion/Rasalhague Dominion, whatever it calls itself, has always been and will always be a minor power in the BT universe. 71 planets makes you barely above Periphery status. The only reason you'll survive in MWO is because the devs won't let either the Combine, Commonwealth, or Ghost Bears wipe you out of existence like you deserve.

#90 SmilingBandit

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

The FRR was a product of politics, "geo"strategy - and in the end just a footnote in the history of the Inner Sphere.

Edited by SmilingBandit, 31 August 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#91 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Gotta love trolls.

Okay since I can't make any boast on any forum about my faction neither can you Troll. No saying anything to promote your faction again otherwise you stoop to my level.

The only reason you'll survive in MWO is because the devs won't let either the Combine, Commonwealth, or Ghost Bears wipe you out of existence like you deserve.

And because in Lore we are one of the biggest things ever. First Clan/IS hybrid and the only one. If that isn't big than the Jihad was just a footnote. Lore says different than you. We are separate, always have been, always will be. All you did was enslave us. Also I love people who argue with me that they are right and then when I make major points call me a troll. If I am trolling on a thread that is about what makes you good (troll) then I don't know what isn't a troll. I am giving an analysis of your culture from the FRR's point of view and from their point of view (in lore) you enslaved us, shot and killed us, then expected it to be all good. Then tried to USE us when we gained our independence (which was a collaboration between us, the Coordinator, the Archon, and Primus). What good were you to us? It is a fair question for a thread about promoting Kruita.

#92 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 30 August 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

Just join with the Ghost Bears already, most of the FRR has.

More like the Ghost Bears ran FRR tags and then dropped them as soon as we could.

#93 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Oh, I'm not saying he's a troll because I don't like arguing with him, I'm using the appropriate definition- He's attempting to fish for an argument by dangling a lure (his view).

View PostThe Advisor, on 27 August 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Love how Kruita shouts power but was unable to conquer the Rasalhague rebellion in 3028. You guys got stoop up to by the smallest faction and couldn't win. That automatically puts you at the bottom of the faction chain. Also we have Japanese women too because we now have 72 of your planets. We also have Viking women. We win over all yall. We got 2 groups. Also we were so awesome one of the Clans joined us. None of you Dracs are even close to that amount of epicness.

That is not a Lore-based argument- there was no wide-spread rebellion, there was minor, Lyran-funded attacks. He then goes on over three posts to call us cowards and boast about holding three planets and then becoming the Rasalhague Dominion. Fine. Boast all you want about your minor power-rated faction. We'll sit back here with our 350 planets and be content to let you fend off the Clans all you want, we've got the Federated Commonwealth to deal with.

#94 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

I'm only slamming him when he comes to our forums- I'd expect the same, and got it, when I trolled the FRR forums a year ago. I have no problem with it, its an expected reaction to an enemy showing up and insulting us, no big deal :D

Kamikaze were never very effective in WWII, I think the total confirmed ship kills from over a thousand kamikaze attacks was hovering around 4-5. It was a useless tactic, and only underscored the inefficient way the Imperial Japanese used their soldiers. Same as sepuku for the officers who were defeated- it belittled the history of the samurai and the reason that they committed sepuku, and turned it into a way for an officer who screwed up to not take responsibility.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 31 August 2014 - 11:50 PM.

#95 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:44 AM

If you wondered why Victor is a bad-ass... his mom the early years. :)
(incognito as a brunette)

Posted Image

Posted Image

What's the occasional psychotic episode between nobles... I'm sure Katherine will be fine. :ph34r:

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 01 September 2014 - 01:03 AM.

#96 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

His mom? Maybe his mom's mom but surely not Melissa? Unless you thought her performance during the Silver Eagle incident was a classic example of 'going medieval'?

#97 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

I actually didn't mind Victor. The only things I didn't really like about him, aside from the extremely pro-Davion bias of about every BT author, was the whines he had about ruling and the inability to man up and kill his uber-{Dezgra} of a sister. Ugh- hated Katherine Steiner-Davion! Manipulative, treacherous, and just a horrible person- basically Cersi Lannister without the brother lovin'.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 01 September 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#98 FullMetalJackass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

WE HAVE ASIAN GIRLS!!!!!!!

YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID.

Edited by FullMetalJackass, 01 September 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#99 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

More pics of cute Asian girls !!!

Less walls of text !!!

Posted Image

#100 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip