#61 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postskinpeeler, on 04 October 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

So I've got my sidewinder plugged in, bought my founders card n yet i wait.

Keyboard+mouse seems to be the better solution at the moment. Full joystick support is still a work in progress.

#62 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostBanditman, on 04 October 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Today, a mech is pretty much exactly where you see it, except . . .
When a mech is knocked down.
So true! Those are the only occurences I notice this issue nowadays, but it's rather irritating.

Perhaps the server should force a synch every time it registers someone knocking a mech over, so that at least they only "twitch around" once. Either that, or further improving the prediction method. Which I imagine would be a very difficult feat, though that'd be the preferrable solution.

#63 Allen X

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

so if i have 1.73Ghz and an ati mobility radeon x300 what are my chances?
i do have a beta key.

#64 Zed Stun

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Can someone tell me what GXP is used for? How do you earn it? How do you use it? Thanks!

#65 Zed Stun

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostThontor, on 07 October 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

GXP is General XP..

A percentage of the XP you get from a match goes to General XP (I think 5%), the rest goes towards XP for the variant you were piloting

So, you earn GXP by playing the game.

There's one other way to get GXP, and that's by using Mechwarrior Credits (MC) to pay to exchange your variant XP to GXP at the cost of 25XP per 1MC

GXP can be used on any variant of any mech to unlock mech efficiencies, unlike regular XP which can only be used on the variant you earned it on

GXP can also be used to unlock modules, and probably pilot skills once those are implemented.

One note, you can't combine GXP and regular XP to unlock an efficiency, you must use one or the other

if a mech efficiency costs 5000XP, you need either 5000GXP or 5000XP for that variant, you can't have 2500 of each kind of XP and combine them to get 5000

you could exchange the 2500 of the variant's XP to GXP at a cost of 100 MC if you really wanted to unlock that efficiency right now

Thank you,Thontor. Your explanation is very helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users