#41 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostDraken X, on 17 October 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Off-topic: Would it be great if PGI introduce Periphery factions?

While interesting from a lore perspective, I think that Periphery factions would be both confusing to new players and divert attention from the main IS factions. When Clans come, we'll have more factions and Periphery factions would be insignificent.

#42 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 17 October 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

While interesting from a lore perspective, I think that Periphery factions would be both confusing to new players and divert attention from the main IS factions. When Clans come, we'll have more factions and Periphery factions would be insignificent.

But what about the Taurians and Canopians? They are also playing a role too.

#43 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 16 October 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Well, it seems that this game will only follow canon in a loose sense- major events like the Clan invasion will happen, but we may be able to change/rewrite some other things like House borders and alliances. I don't see a problem with letting some Liao loyalists to fight alongside the DCMS, plenty of targets for both of us.

It would be nice if we could agree on one thing- the defeat of Davion by any means necessary. To that end Kurita could avoid Liao/RR hotspots and focus on Davion. CC could do likewise. FWL should not attack CC allies during this time of crisis.

#44 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 16 October 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Two-way strike on Davion! Steiner would have to get through RR to get to the DCMS- good luck holding that ground! Davion could not take the CC and DCMS at the same time, and if FWL interferes- "Interdiction" from Comstar. Remember they got the Comguards now.

Biggest threat would be Wolf Dragoons and Kell Hounds. Send MAC to neutralize with Ryuken for Wolf Dragoons, not sure about the Kell Hounds. I wouldn't want to send Genyosha because they are too vengeful.

I can't help but notice that comment regarding Rasalhague seems to go on the rather dangerous and faulty assumption that they wouldn't enjoy giving the dragon a bloody nose right alongside us. Scandinavian and German culture have a lot more in common with each other than Japanese culture.

Just some food for thought. :angry:

#45 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 18 October 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

I can't help but notice that comment regarding Rasalhague seems to go on the rather dangerous and faulty assumption that they wouldn't enjoy giving the dragon a bloody nose right alongside us. Scandinavian and German culture have a lot more in common with each other than Japanese culture.

Just some food for thought. :angry:

You can't attack the Draconians, though.

And FRR would rather stay out of open conflicts, since they are happy they can enjoy a few years of relative peace and angering the Kuritans is the last thing to do.

#46 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

^
Wanna attack the Draconians, Lyrans? You guys have to get through the FRR first.

#47 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostDraken X, on 18 October 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

^
Wanna attack the Draconians, Lyrans? You guys have to get through the FRR first.

Alternatively, they could come through the FedSuns side of the Federated Commonwealth... :rolleyes:

#48 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

not when us and the dracs cut off the Terran Corridor.

#49 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Well, kind to think of it. I gonna say House Kurita and Marik are in fact an allies to House Liao, based on the Treaty of Kapteyn. Yeah, I was mistaken to acknowledge this alliance a few weeks back in this thread. Sorry, my bad. ;) Though the Marik seems to have a bit of disagreement towards Liao.

But hey, the treaty never dies, so it doesn't mean we couldn't do business together with them. In fact, Liao is selling a number of Ravens to both Marik and Kurita in the market.

PS: Yeah, I just read the MWO wiki, since it couldn't gain access to that website for at least a month. Good thing the guy who were in-charge of MWO wiki fixed the settings up for me. :)

From MWO wiki:

Capellan Confederation is currently under the Treaty of Capteyn, which makes it an ally of House Marik and Kurita.

As long as Marik don't look for a lot of troubles with us... :D

Edited by Draken X, 31 October 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#50 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostDraken X, on 31 October 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

As long as Marik don't look for a lot of troubles with us... :rolleyes:

Nah, both of us aren't very happy with the treaty, but it will lead us both to the prosperity until the *****. I'm looking forward to the joint offensive we'll do with them during the Clan invasion.

#51 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 November 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

Nah, both of us aren't very happy with the treaty, but it will lead us both to the prosperity until the *****. I'm looking forward to the joint offensive we'll do with them during the Clan invasion.

On top of that, House Kurita was the first to proposed that treaty with the unlikely allies of House Liao and House Marik. Yup, it did mentioned "unlikely allies". Even though the treaty wasn't successful of forging a solid military alliance as a countermeasure against the FedCom because of the unexpected outcomes in 4th Succession War, but the treaty allow us to do business with both Kurita and Marik. Although the treaty is still consider a military alliance, but in a 'loosen grip' one.

Well, like I mentioned it before, the treaty did worked well with Kurita - Liao, but not so well with Liao - Marik as both were still cutting each other throats. In other words, Marik seems to have a disagreement with Liao when it comes to forming an alliance.

I believe that treaty may be still serving for the purpose when it comes to joint offensive regardless, whether we like it or not. Anyway, ignore those 'troublemakers' and focus on a much bigger threat. Cause we both, including Kurita, have something more important in our stakes... Clan Invasion.

By the way, I would like to raid Clan "Smoky Bandit" Jaguars first. Since the Jaguars are the most aggressive of any other Clans.

#52 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostDraken X, on 01 November 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Anyway, ignore those 'troublemakers' and focus on a much bigger threat. Cause we both, including Kurita, have something more important in our stakes... Clan Invasion.

Actually, the Clan Invasion is an age of prosperity for us right off teh bat, since Davions must send all their good fighter to the new front and we'e free to liberate a few planets. ;)

#53 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 November 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Actually, the Clan Invasion is an age of prosperity for us right off teh bat, since Davions must send all their good fighter to the new front and we'e free to liberate a few planets. ;)

Right. Too bad the Kuritans don't allow Davions in enter their territories though.

#54 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thing about the dracs is that despite the fact that they have a significantly smaller military than fedcom, they still slowed the clans to similar rates of advance. so the Dracs 100 regiments did the same thing as fedcoms 170-some regiments.

#55 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postdal10, on 01 November 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Thing about the dracs is that despite the fact that they have a significantly smaller military than fedcom, they still slowed the clans to similar rates of advance. so the Dracs 100 regiments did the same thing as fedcoms 170-some regiments.

Dracs, however, played by Clan rules. Personal honor in fight and other such junk that does not belong to a war.

And it is pretty effective, considering we agreed (well, ComStar agreed) on Clannish terms during Tukayiid and you know how it turned out.

#56 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postdal10, on 01 November 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

View PostAdridos, on 01 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Dracs, however, played by Clan rules. Personal honor in fight and other such junk that does not belong to a war.

And it is pretty effective, considering we agreed (well, ComStar agreed) on Clannish terms during Tukayiid and you know how it turned out.

It seems like the Draconian's military doctrine is more or less similar to the Clans' doctrine, while FedCom is based on FedSun's sheer number of finest army and Lyran's tons of assault mechs combine.

As for Tukayyid, did that include Clan Nova Cat?

PS: Wait, ComStar involved too?

Edited by Draken X, 01 November 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#57 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

tukayyid consisted of 7 clans with 25 galaxies between them vs roughly 50 regiments of comguard. the clans grossly underbid, and got slaughtered, besides Clan Wolf and Ghost Bear, with Aidan Pryde giving the falcons a draw.

#58 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postdal10, on 01 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

tukayyid consisted of 7 clans with 25 galaxies between them vs roughly 50 regiments of comguard. the clans grossly underbid, and got slaughtered, besides Clan Wolf and Ghost Bear, with Aidan Pryde giving the falcons a draw.

According to Sarna, 144 regiments.

But as you could see, even with such underbid, they were able to win in some situations, since Comguard was using the same tech we use in the game now.

#59 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Remember, even though we value honor, Theodore's reforms changed the DCMS to a more practical military- allowing us to slow the Clans down.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 02 November 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#60 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 02 November 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Remember, even though we value honor, Theodore's reforms changed the DCMS to a more practical military- allowing us to slow the Clans down.

In other words, Theodore changed the DCMS to be more motivated on deterring the Clan threats. Not to mentioned he is even quite daring on tracking the Clans' homeworlds deep within the Deep Periphery, as he motivated his men to do what the Davions couldn't since the Davions see that as a waste of time and efforts while Victor was still busy dealing with the FedCom civil war.

PS: Damn, I want the Grand Dragon mech. :P

Edited by Draken X, 02 November 2012 - 05:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users