Kurita- Liao Alliance

77 replies to this topic

#1 Sativacuity

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

As far as I know, a truce, and even an Alliance in training and strategy was formed between these houses, also including Marik.

http://www.sarna.net...cord_of_Kapteyn

With that being said, I would like to put forth the idea of a specialized lance comprised of equal numbers of specialized units from each house as a sort of an ambassador-style program. Much like the Terran-Vasudan Alliance from the Freespace universe, I believe that this would be a profitable endeavor, and canon to boot.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

That would be sick (in the good way). I mean, getting a company with every lance being of a different nation could be really interesting. :ph34r:

#3 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

I've made a suggestions regarding Kapteyn Accrods, but it's more about fighting clans and looting shiny clantech.

#4 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostKarganeth, on 05 October 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

As far as I know, a truce, and even an Alliance in training and strategy was formed between these houses, also including Marik.

With that being said, I would like to put forth the idea of a specialized lance comprised of equal numbers of specialized units from each house as a sort of an ambassador-style program. Much like the Terran-Vasudan Alliance from the Freespace universe, I believe that this would be a profitable endeavor, and canon to boot.

Last One to New Avalon buys drinks!

#5 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Well according to the 4th succession war, we made it to new avalon first.

#6 Hugh

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

View Postdal10, on 05 October 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Well according to the 4th succession war, we made it to new avalon first.

Alright! Looks like you're buying Phalanx. :P Double Black Russian for me please!

#7 Sativacuity

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Huzzah!

#8 Darksider

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

That would be interesting indeed. Id be personally interested in joining a multi-House task force if the game allowed it. Im sure though in doing so, that The FedCom Alliance would instantly form in response. Let the fun begin, right?

#9 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

well considering how often the davies have to come in here in an attempt to *brag* they probably can't tell you which end the PPC bolt comes out of. the steiner units I have seen have excellent organization, but their combat abilities leave quite a bit to be desired.

#10 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

An interesting idea to be sure...

#11 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostKarganeth, on 05 October 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

"I hear my enemies speculate about my motives, my ambitions. Who is Admiral Aken Bosch Hanse Davion, and what is that old scoundrel up to? The tragedy of my life is that I will be remembered as the butcher of innocents, and this assessment is not unfair. I cannot argue with their condemnation or with the verdict of history.

The Neo-Terran Front AFFS is an army of stupid cattle, driven by their hatreds, their fears and insecurities. Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny and old wounds open all too easily. I am merely a fool who created a monster I am now powerless to stop, and so I will play my role to the bloody end. I have given the Lost Generation something to die for, and now my legacy will be crowned with infamy."

#12 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 06 October 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

"I hear my enemies speculate about my motives, my ambitions. Who is Admiral Aken Bosch Hanse Davion, and what is that old scoundrel up to? The tragedy of my life is that I will be remembered as the butcher of innocents, and this assessment is not unfair. I cannot argue with their condemnation or with the verdict of history.

The Neo-Terran Front AFFS is an army of stupid cattle, driven by their hatreds, their fears and insecurities. Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny and old wounds open all too easily. I am merely a fool who created a monster I am now powerless to stop, and so I will play my role to the bloody end. I have given the Lost Generation something to die for, and now my legacy will be crowned with infamy."

His last monologue is better, but it may be the fact he's getting boarded.... and Hanse is too stupid to look at himself in such a constructive manner.

#13 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Interesting... :)

In fact, I personally wanted the Draconis (and maybe FWL) to join forces with the Capellan to deal with FedCom.

Edited by Draken X, 07 October 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#14 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostLima Zulu, on 05 October 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

I've made a suggestions regarding Kapteyn Accrods, but it's more about fighting clans and looting shiny clantech.

I also made a thread regarding the FedCom Accords and the Kapteyn Accords - though, mine was aimed more at the potential economic impact of being an affiliate of either (or neither) alliance from an "internal to the Sphere" standpoint and what people might want to see from that.
It also included a poll... :)

#15 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

We won't need the dracs as allies, when we own their planets and set up our defenses in preparations for the clans who we will no doubt overcome.

#16 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostMetro, on 07 October 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

We won't need the dracs as allies, when we own their planets and set up our defenses in preparations for the clans who we will no doubt overcome.

Looks like I have to take Liao off my Ally list. :)

#17 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostMetro, on 07 October 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Damn, Metro- you cold! :)

#18 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

well, I would note, that we really can't even get to you until Davion is in the ground. so don't worry about it in the short run.

#19 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ganging up on the FedCom? Not cool guys.

Posted Image

Ah well, at least we're bros with the vikings. 3 on 3 I'm okay with this.

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 07 October 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#20 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

guess we can't have a thread on this forum without gattling having to stink it up...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users