Weekly Review - Oct 5th

10 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Weekly Review - Oct. 5th

Here we go recapping another week, and what a week it has been! So without delaying further, let's dive in.
First we had our 19th Ask The Devs answers posted, after which I added Ask The Devs 20 (now live!) Then we announced Take Your Best Shot (which we're still accepting entries for, so get your stuff in soon!) which I am particularly happy about. Right after that we posted No Guts No Galaxy's 46th podcast, featuring myself as a special guest! It was a ton of fun, plus I got to speak with Duncan Fisher as 'George Ledoux' - what a dream come true!

During that time we also uploaded two videos of matches between the Eridani Light Pony and Kaos Legion (Part 1, Part 2), and what nail biters! I want to congratulate both teams on those excellent matches - thanks for letting us watch! Also a big thank you to Daeron and Phil at No Guts No Galaxy for the excellent commentary. Shoutcasting is tough, and they did a great job.

Yesterday we released our 21st Weekly Screenshot featuring my own personal Mech, the Raven. (My gorgeous 2X, Huginn, made me fall in love with it. Muninn, my 4X, just kept the flame going). This is a real heroic shot, and I really like it. The Raven has a fantastic profile, so it photographs well.

I’d also like to make a special shoutout to Ohmwrecker, for his fantastic Guide which has now been viewed over 95,000 times. Yes, ninety five thousand! Thank you again, Ohmwrecker, for your work and support!

So quite a week! Things are really speeding up, and we're glad you're all here with us.
Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 BossRigs

Dezgra

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Lovin the Raven!

#3 Shaddie

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thank you for the great comms and a great beta!

#4 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

It's been a good week and next week promises to be even better!

Next time you want to do a tournament, come see the 1stRR for some REAL pilots! :P

Oh, and thanks for the new Variants details!

#5 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 05 October 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Weekly Review - Oct. 5th

Here we go recapping another week, and what a week it has been! So without delaying further, let's dive in.
First we had our 19th Ask The Devs answers posted, after which I added Ask The Devs 20 (now live!) Then we announced Take Your Best Shot (which we're still accepting entries for, so get your stuff in soon!) which I am particularly happy about. Right after that we posted No Guts No Galaxy's 46th podcast, featuring myself as a special guest! It was a ton of fun, plus I got to speak with Duncan Fisher as 'George Ledoux' - what a dream come true!

It was fun for me as well, Garth.

Hope to do it again real soon. :ph34r:

#6 Harotak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

You can't give your Raven a Minmatar name; it doesn't have anywhere near enough rust!

#7 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

I named my ravens Hugin an Munin as well though I had to sell Hugin to afford my awesome.

For those who don't know, those are the names of Odin's ravens

#8 Ohmwrecker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the coverage on my guide! Now that the NDA has been lifted I've been in the process of making MWO videos as well. :(

#9 Granger

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Great News that were getting close cant wait!
Also the video with commentary, hate to say it was the most horrible display of mechwarrior online game play iv ever SEEN. If half of these players had any since of mechwarrior tactics at all this would have been a good battle to watch and worth posting to the MWO community. Further more the ones doing the commentary didn't even realize that they were giving props to a player doing nothing but siting behind a rock for 5 mins and not gathering intell, more less picking up on others intell. This player falls down 10 times and gets killed after doing nothing for the team, sorry bad commentary on their part. So Please do the community a favor and find a better video of game play to post.
Thanks, Granger

#10 Pilot M

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Does anybody know how to join a faction? :)

#11 LalToofan

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Start at the merc corp recruiting forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users