#61 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostTadakuma, on 17 March 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

No, the Word of Blake Jihad is a horrible storyline. It reads like a bunch of sub-literate geeks got together and had a meeting to decide what the most "AWESOME" and "EPIC" events would be in the BT universe. Unfortunately they wrote a bunch of sense that makes as much sense as a Michael Bay movie.

In the space of 5 years they attack every major capital home world, destroy the Wolves Dragoons and take Hesperus. Meanwhile they're sowing weapons of mass destruction like candy seeds of destruction while causally committing war crimes and genocide across the inner sphere.

They do this without maintaining any real strategic position or real manufacturing base and using a bunch of second rate outlawed mercenary units who can suddenly stand up to units like the Wolves Dragons, the Northwind Highlanders or Kell Hounds.

I found the idea that they were able to take and hold Hesperus without controlling any of the surrounding systems for a period of years laughable. They did this while attacking Luthien (a world the Clans could take), Tharkad, Outreach and New Avalon. The most heavily defended worlds in the Innersphere are taken because it is some how "cool"

For those whoe aren't keeping track Hesperus is a world that contains approximately 30% of the Lyran commonwealths mech manufacturing capacity and is defended by a minimum of two mech regiments plus conventional forces. The nearby systems are heavily garrisoned and the forces are equipped with jumpships to enable them to reinforce Hesperus on short notice. It has never fallen once during the course of the Succession Wars, Clan Invasion or FedCom Civil War.

Some how the WoB is able to take this world with two Divisions, effectively two mech regiments. They attacked a heavily defended position with an abundance of assault mechs and did so with few enogh causalties to enable them to effectively defend the planet from counter attack.

Steiner military is renown of it;s understanding of logistics and manufacturing for strategic advantage, the idea that they would let a world that important to their military in enemy hands is laughable. Especially considering that these attacks are happening in isolation.

There is no reason that large task forces can't be mobilised to retake Hesperus because these operations aren't being undertaken as part of a larger operation. They're single point attacks.

It's as if the combined military know how of the innersphere was paralysed by a magic beam while the jihad was going on it doesn't make any sense.

Bear in mind that prior to this that all the major battles and operations of BT universe made sense, attacks took place over a broad front and had a strategic plan. Thing made sense, which the jihad doesn't.

I can honestly say that for me the Battletech timeline ends in 3062 (maybe 3067 if I'm feeling generous)

I was about to say this almost word for word. I appreciate you getting to it first Tadakuma. Save me some time and geek rage. :D

#62 Zensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 605 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

You guys act like you are going to live forever, some of us only have a few years left, 10 years left, 20 years left, of real life, so yeah lets act like us and this game are going to live forever.

Moving the timeline at times may be the only thing that keeps money flowing to keep the game alive, while a Darkage jump may be to much, I would hope Word Of Blake might arise before the inevitable does happen. Games die, just like people. Remember MW2? 3? 4? someday it will be MWO also.

#63 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

People are still shedding tears about Clan mechs being OP, we would need rain coats and umbrellas for all the tears that would be shed over WOB mechs!

Edited by Ed Steele, 14 October 2014 - 04:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users