Battlemech models?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Fury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada, So expect permanent winter camo.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Bonjour y'all

I have been a model builder for years now, hanging out at hobby stores is how I got into Battletech in the first place. I have been wondering if anyone would know if any scale models exist for the Battletech universe. I have to date only been able to find the old robotech bot models for the ''unseen''. I'm looking for a cool mech model for my desk. Any suggestions?

Cheers

#2 LordDeathStrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

alot of folks makem out of legos, if thats not your speed, alot mold custom plastic ones themselves out of polystyreen vacuum molding.

as far as model kits not much out there for mecha other then gundams (personally ive been getting my gundam fix off the anime and the ps3 games rather then the cheesy gundam model kits)

ive got a warhammer riflemen and a mech im not sure what it is plastic toys from the 80s i found at a flea market once, but i think they are the macross editions, as the warhammer has naval gun arms, shoulder rocket pack, torso guns and lasers, and closing missile bays from lrm 20s on both sides. and the mech im not sure what is, is because its not a battletech seen, its tall and bulky enough to be a heavy, but its arms are fat circular lrms directly on the shoulders (its body is like a riflemen with missile pod arms rather then a catapult) and the rear of these launcher arms have large thruster cones, the head is a sensor tower with antenna, def a macross looking design!

#3 MuffinTop

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostAlexander Fury, on 17 March 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Bonjour y'all

I have been a model builder for years now, hanging out at hobby stores is how I got into Battletech in the first place. I have been wondering if anyone would know if any scale models exist for the Battletech universe. I have to date only been able to find the old robotech bot models for the ''unseen''. I'm looking for a cool mech model for my desk. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Check out battle tech art under off topic, and you will see some fine examples here in this community.

#4 Togg Bott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKansas City Mo.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

thats a longbow... its a unseen as well... i think Macross called it a spartan.

#5 Alexander Fury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada, So expect permanent winter camo.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostMuffinTop, on 18 March 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Check out battle tech art under off topic, and you will see some fine examples here in this community.

Thx

#6 TheTeacher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Ah...my favorite topic. Models!

About a decade ago, Armorcast did an Atlas, MadCat and Vulture. Those are long out of production and if you find one on eBay you will pay a fortune.

The chaps at Armorcast created a list of the mech kits available and how they correspond to 1/60 scale Battletech stuff. http://www.timdp.mem.../CoolMechs.html

There are a few of us who make our own. Agent Cooper, SMTKelly, and I have focused on 1/60 scale as that is the established scale. We have been known to sell a kit here or there, but it is something we don't do large scale or for profit as we don't want to step on any toes.

My blog is http://www.Battlemechclub.blogspot.com

We usually post in the Fan Art section. And if plastic is not your thing, look out for BLaaR...he does great paper models!

Cheers!

Edited by TheTeacher, 18 March 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#7 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

they used to have some battletech models... LOOOONG time ago, not sure where youd get them now.

#8 Grahad Mills

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

you can also du papercrafting.

For example i'm working on a Mauler had build a warhammer 2C and will be working on a Warhammer ;)

just asl Blaaar (i hope i got his name spelled right) he knows where u can get the modells

#9 Ghostrider45

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationThibodaux La, 70301

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

there are some modles out there about fifteen years ago I got a modle of a Madcat fifteen ins high very nice modle out of a comic an modle store in Houston Texas !! been looking for more but not much out there

#10 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Also, building on the smaller scale models out there(the 1/100 Dougram and Robotech offerings) there is a chap who has a few that he prints using a 3d printer.
http://www.greenpixe...ts.blogspot.ca/
He has printed a Vulcan, Flea, Hatamoto-Chi, Urbanmech, and Scorpion.
Contact him for prices.

#11 BLaaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostTheTeacher, on 18 March 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

We usually post in the Fan Art section. And if plastic is not your thing, look out for BLaaR...he does great paper models!

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, there are lots of models made by the mechwarrior3 3D craft community. I tried to put everything on where to find the models in the topic below :

http://mwomercs.com/...ch/page__st__20

Also most of the mech download links are posted here :

http://www.mechwarri...opic.php?t=3244

Happy building :(

#12 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Here are some 1/60 scale models / toys of the Rifleman and Warhammer.

http://www.hlj.com/s...esID2&Scale2=60

#13 TheTeacher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 20 March 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Here are some 1/60 scale models / toys of the Rifleman and Warhammer.

http://www.hlj.com/s...esID2&Scale2=60

Unfortunately, those 1/60 scale Macross mechs are about 1/72 in Battletech Scale. ;)

#14 jbone

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Are you looking to paint and how big are you looking for. You can always search on ebay for some of the classic toys, but I like my lead/pot metal figs... I got two current projects my battlemaster (in my sig) and a phoenix hawk LAM in guardian mode. My favs though are the old Armorcast stuff they looked darn good when put together and painted well.

#15 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostTheTeacher, on 20 March 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Unfortunately, those 1/60 scale Macross mechs are about 1/72 in Battletech Scale. ;)

Yeah I picked those up and they are a little too small to stand with the Armorcast kits. They look good but Im hopeing one day Macross toy builders like Yamato or Bandai will release a 1/48 version then they'll be fine for Battletech.

#16 TheTeacher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

View Postagent_cooper, on 20 March 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Yeah I picked those up and they are a little too small to stand with the Armorcast kits. They look good but Im hopeing one day Macross toy builders like Yamato or Bandai will release a 1/48 version then they'll be fine for Battletech.

Perchance to dream.... :huh:

#17 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• 1,971 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Some IMAI and Bandai Macross kits can be used as BT unseen models: Battlepod glaug as Marauder, Valkyre VF-1 as Wasp, Valkyre VF-1S as Phoenix-Hawk, tomahawk destroid as Warhammer (while it's surprisingly small compared with Valkyre at same scale and thus not looks heavy), Spartan destroid as Archer (same scale issue), and defender destroid as Rifleman (same scale issue).

My on Marauder and Phoenix-Hawk made of 1/100 macross kits are about 16-17cm height while Warhammer - only 10-11 :(

Also there are a lot of papercraft patterns presenting 3d models from MC2, MW3 and MW4 in different colot schemes. I gonna try something not very complex eventually.

#18 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Here are some models to check out that you might be interested in.

http://mwomercs.com/...40#entry1864340

#19 burning wisky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover Germany

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

Model Kit !!!online!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by burning wisky, 21 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#20 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

When I was a young teen I had a rifleman and longbow diecast think they were robotech though. There were several and a large battlemaster style large diecast with the griffen like cockpit and die cast veritech fighters lam mechs battleoids models as well in the 80s

Edited by SaltBeef, 27 July 2014 - 01:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users