172 replies to this topic

#21 Dodger79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Open beta in the current state? Damn, i wasted 120$ on a game that will most probably die before christmas when i hoped the will polish it some more to attract new players and not scare them off like with the current build...

#22 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Ah the doom and gloomers come out of the woodwork. You guys are like cockroaches sometimes. The lights go off and out you scurry, a good patch comes out (lights come on) you scurry back away. I suppose you only like your local sports team when they are winning too.

#23 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

considering that the last patch made the game even buggier than the last time, with more crashing and disconnects AND weird graphic glitchs (half my matchs can't use night vision or thermal vision without blacking out the entire screen) don't look like a good idea to me.

But launching the beta with only HALF of the mechs promised for the start of the game, less than half of the weapons available in the timeline in-game (anyone remember MRM's???), with half the weapons that made it to the game are useless (anyone actually uses AC/2 for more than tonnage waste?) and only 4 maps to play, that looks like suicide to me.

#24 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

I agree it does not seem like a smart idea, but to say the game is going to be dead before christmas is like about as chicken little as you can get.

#25 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I really dont think that we are ready yet

#26 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostViper69, on 10 October 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Ah the doom and gloomers come out of the woodwork. You guys are like cockroaches sometimes.

For once in life, I can see what they worry about. I mean, normal people know what is a beta and we have to provide feedback and report bugs, so this game looks and plays better than before. However, average gamer does not (where are the times when PCs were owned by people who actually had at least average IQ?).

First impression is key.

Edited by Adridos, 10 October 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#27 Velba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostCzardread, on 10 October 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

But launching the beta with only HALF of the mechs promised for the start of the game, less than half of the weapons available in the timeline in-game (anyone remember MRM's???), with half the weapons that made it to the game are useless (anyone actually uses AC/2 for more than tonnage waste?) and only 4 maps to play, that looks like suicide to me.

Um... Its a beta, not a finished product. How is it suicide not giving a finished product during a beta? Where is your logic sir?

#28 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

i fear that launching the open beta in its current state will scare away a good bunch of gamers. almost seens like they are trying to keep only the diehard fanbase on this game.

looks like there will be quite a lot more of crappy users review's burning out the game for not understanding that the game is STAILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT.

#29 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Publishers and developers must be completely of grid if they think Open Beta release at this state of the gamethis will not result in a catastrophic failure.

#30 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostVelba, on 10 October 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Um... Its a beta, not a finished product. How is it suicide not giving a finished product during a beta? Where is your logic sir?

The problem is the devs are treating Open Beta like release and have even said as much themselves.

#31 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostAdridos, on 10 October 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

For once in life, I can see what they worry about. I mean, normal people know what is a beta and we have to provide feedback and report bugs, so this game looks and plays better than before. However, average gamer does not (where are the times when PCs were owned by people who actually had at least average IQ?).

First impression is key.

I understand caution is different than doom and gloom. I was more pointing to the guy immediately above my first post. Saying the game would be dead before christmas.

Its wise to be cautious for sure and adding out input should be part of our duty, just not running around catching our hair on fire screaming is not helping.

#32 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Totally shocked. This is just too bare bone and I don't want my premium account to start next week.

#33 Brandon Ranth

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

A lot of people seem to be forgetting the whole ''Beta'' part. umm its a beta so people can play and ''Find'' the bugs so they can fix it. the fact that your actually able to play the game is amazing and instead most people are bashing saying ''hey its not done! not enough Mechs!'' ''too many bugs'' ''fail'' people like this shouldnt be able to post on a message board of an unfinished game. if YOU can do a better job making the game then prove it! oh wait you wont will you? people are spoiled. nuff said

#34 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

my logic velba is that most average gamers DON'T KNOW this is not a finished product, heck, most gamers don't even know what a beta IS. there will be a lot of people who will thinks the game sucks because they are seeing just about a third of it (which is what we have now). add that to word of mouth propaganda and we will lose a good day of people that would otherwise be willing to play and maybe even pay due to wrong impressions.

i'm not even speculating, a little search on the forums will show you that there is already quite a deal of people making reviews destroyng the game cause they didn't get that it still on testing.

#35 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

PGI, I love the game and I'm having a blast. I defend it against the doofuses of the forum constantly. But you can't start our premium time under beta conditions, it's just wrong. Please, wait until launch. You can pull my premium benefits in the mean time, I don't mind. I just don't want it wasted on the beta.

#36 DoctorJest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationBourne, UK

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postdarknothing, on 10 October 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Open beta in its current state? Not good. I dont wany my prem time to start till its much better performance....

Exactly. It sucks at the moment......

#37 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Graphics are getting better and filters less obtrusive, so thumbs up for that.

Balance, performance, netcode and collision system still horrid. There were disconnects in most matches I've joined since the patch. One of them ended with everyone disconnected but me (and the match didn't finish till I capped).

I don't think this game is ready for the world. It's not my game and not my place to decide, but I don't like it.

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 10 October 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#38 DoctorJest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationBourne, UK

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostxZaOx, on 10 October 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Totally shocked. This is just too bare bone and I don't want my premium account to start next week.

Again, 100% agreed.

#39 StickEGreen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Ouch, gonna be a train wreck. Now I'm glad I only have $60 invested.

#40 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Wait did ANYONE read the original article? I saw NOTHING that Russ said saying that the 16th they were doing OPEN BETA. Not a word. This doesn't seem right.

Can we get OFFICIAL confirmation from Russ to come here and tell us yes or no please?

EDIT: I just got the official word from other posts. OPEN BETA is indeed next week and I was wrong. I'll be a man and say it and my apologies.

Edited by Tice Daurus, 10 October 2012 - 10:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users