#41 Dodger79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostViper69, on 10 October 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

I understand caution is different than doom and gloom. I was more pointing to the guy immediately above my first post. Saying the game would be dead before christmas.

Its wise to be cautious for sure and adding out input should be part of our duty, just not running around catching our hair on fire screaming is not helping.
Yes, my posting is overdramatic. But point is: the devs treat open beta like release/going live, but in the current state non-diehard fans simply won't buy anything. Hey, even if you want to buy something there is nothing but (quite expensive) Mechs right now. So, with all the current problems and with almost no cash generated through this step: why open beta with a build laggy as hell that almost all non-diehard fans won't try again? "Before christmas" might be to harsh, yes, but the perspective is not good at all...

#42 WM Slaymaker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIntermountain Hell Hole

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 10 October 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

PGI, I love the game and I'm having a blast. I defend it against the doofuses of the forum constantly. But you can't start our premium time under beta conditions, it's just wrong. Please, wait until launch. You can pull my premium benefits in the mean time, I don't mind. I just don't want it wasted on the beta.

Exactly

#43 GeoBlack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

I also saw no hints about the beta starting next week in the original interview.

#44 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have to say that so an early realese is quite dangerous. The game needs much more Mechs, maps, Game Modes and so on. Otherwiese it won't be able to sustain itself.

#45 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Graphics ARE getting better, WAY BETTER. but the game is way too unstable at the moment. ok adding more testers can help a lot in the testing, but let's face it. the VAST majority of people that will come in come couldn't care less for testing or even the state of the final product, they just want to play. i am not worried about the game being ready or not, we know where we are, i worry about potential player base being lost to a bad press move. which is what this open beta announcent is.

and Dodger, the game MIGHT be dead before christmas. remenber, this is mayan prophecy's apocalypse year. ;)

#46 King Hrothgar

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Open beta right now, especially given that it is for all intents and purposes the "release" version, is a very poor choice. It basically means they have a week to fix all the crap they broke today in addition to fixing all the existing bugs and adding some proper content. The list of mechs is actually fine for an open beta I think, as are the weapons. But what isn't acceptable is the lack of game modes and all the crippling bugs in the current version.

#47 Gyranthir

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ck-on-open-beta

#48 pesco

• 1,008 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostTice Daurus, on 10 October 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Wait did ANYONE read the original article? I saw NOTHING that Russ said saying that the 16th they were doing OPEN BETA. Not a word. This doesn't seem right.

Uhm, yeah, I did. Here:
"[...] Piranha Games finally announced the beginning of the open beta. The next phase of the test, that will be open to everyone, will begin on Tuesday, October the 16th, [...]"

I just wish they had the firing lag fixed...

#49 Ach

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

There was no announcement made by IGP or PGI on Facebook or Twitter, so this tells me that someone is trying to troll everyone.

If you read his actual "interview" which was done back in August, never once states Oct 16 as the Open Beta date, nor does Russ ever say when Open Beta would start.

I'm not giving in to believing this is true until I hear/see it posted by IGP/PGI or if I hear it from one of the main guys themselves.

#50 Gyranthir

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Ach check out the link i just posted, it was just posted to theirfacebook as well...

#51 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Ach, as much as i would like to be say you're right, it seens it's true, we are going open people.

#52 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

I personally have no problems with my premium account starting next week.. BUT, match making will probably not be fixed by then. When I stop getting rolled 8-0 7-1. Then you can start my premium time.

#53 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

i'm not that needy ghost bear. as long as the matchs are ACTUALLY 8 vs 8 and not 5 (maybe 6) vs 8 due to crashs and disconnects they can already start my clock.

#54 Ach

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Just reading the facebook/update on the MWO website, it's still not stated by IGP/PGI that Oct 16 is the official start date.

Aside from the Dualshockers website, where has it been made clear that Oct 16 is Open Beta?

#55 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostGyranthir, on 10 October 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Looks official to me.

#56 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

View Postabriael, on 10 October 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yeah the post is from an official press release i received from Piranha's PR company just a few minutes ago. It's as official as it gets.

Sometimes PR agencies jump the gun and send out press releases before devs update their own sites. It's not rare at all. That may be the reason why they didn't put it on here yet.

I work in the gaming industrie myself (QA). Yes, we all love our marketing...

Edited by Ragor, 10 October 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#57 Rippthrough

• Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Open beta next week with the game in it's current state is going to drive away all those new casual customers to the franchise that are going to want to try it, hell, I'm struggling to find motivation to play it just for bug finding in it's current state since yesterday.
I'm really not sure this is a good idea.

Edited by Rippthrough, 10 October 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#58 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Old information maybe? I will wait for confirmation here before I belive it.

#59 Ach

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

The website post of the interview of Bryan and Russ still does not state Oct 16 or next week, or even the week after.

All they said in the post was that it is drawing to an end. That's not indicating an exact date. If you want to believe some random website who stated Oct 16 while no where else does, then that's your decision.

Edited by Ach, 10 October 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#60 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Nope. Guys I will say it here. I was WRONG. I just got the updated announcement from Russ posted at 1:15PM today. Russ has officially announced that on the 16th it will be OPEN BETA. I was wrong, my apologies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users