PC Gamer In-Game Content / Future Promotions

127 replies to this topic

#1 Viterbi

Social Media Manager

• Staff
  • 849 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Recently, we announced that the MechWarior Online Open BETA will be pushed back until we can ensure a quality gaming experience for all of our pilots. We would like to clarify that the in-game content from PC Gamer Promotion, will be available at Open BETA, which will be re-announced in the coming weeks.

We would also like to thank everyone for their support of MechWarrior Online through their purchase of the Founder’s Program. You have made it possible for us to continue moving forward with development and shown that there is high demand for a polished product. We’re really working hard to meet our community’s high expectations. While our Founder’s Program has ended, we will be having more promotions in the very near future. If you have constructive ideas for additional promotions, please feel free to suggest them here!

#2 aleksandr kerensky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Thankies

#3 Nighpher

• Elite Founder
  • 141 posts
  • LocationBackwater planet

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

• Mech Test Drive Bay: Pay MC and you get a special Mechbay slot that allows you to pick any mech in the lab to "test drive" any standard mech loadout (No customization to prevent item sell off) that is available to purchase with CB. You can switch what mech this is at any time.
  • How about selling us some Resupply packages? Example: pay an amount of MC, and your costs for re arming and reloading ammo is reduced or zero as long as you have purchased the initial batch for mech load out, this would expire after a set period of time.

#4 machine

• Elite Founder
  • 983 posts
  • Locationhere.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Machine's Promotion Ideas:

In-game Dashboard Bobbleheads:
  • Frosty Beer Stein Mug (bobbling beer colored cylinder inside the mug)
  • Urban Mech Bobblehead (frozen legs and arms, barrel shaped outer shell bobbles)
  • "Truck nuts" (no description needed amirite?)
Promotional Partnerships:
  • You already are clued in on gaming peripherials - BUT Razer Artemis (http://www.razorzone.com/artemis) has apparently disappeared. Try checking out this page and getting some BattleTech Flavor on some rudders flight systems and switch pannels! go-go-go! http://www.amazon.co...Inc&node=172282
  • There has to be some Mech-Brew out there.. Where is our promotional IPA (with beer stien mug bobble head code on labels)set us up with your own brew! http://www.punkdog.com/

Edited by machine, 17 October 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#5 tekka

• Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

promotion doing a clans promotion when they come out would be nice esp for some of us founders,
a bouble head of a atlas with glowing eyes
a poster of a axeman with a cute pin up girl standing on the head
a minature modle of a axemen
umm hell a axemen in general be nice

#6 Timuroslav

• Legendary Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 352 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

The Best Suggestion I can do is.
Make a Store and Merchandise Tab, and Sell Mechwarrior online T-shirts.
The T-Shirts fund themselves, and increase revenue, and the customer automatically gets product.
This T-Shirt becomes free Advertising for the game. (you can even use the Mechwarrior Meme's as an T-Shirt Idea, Because "NOMINAL ALL THE SYSTEMS" )
Advertising is important because even though there are Die hard fans there are still a lot of 'gamers' that don't know what MechWarrior is.
oh and After rereading Tekka's comment, miniature Mech Models would be awesome possum.
Or Even Mechwarrior Car Stickers.
That is all....

Banana :D

Edited by Timuroslav, 17 October 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#7 Thepotatomasher

• Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

going to be hard to not make this pay to win if you have promotions similar to founders throughout the game

that being said i love the idea of merchandise. Posters and models would be awesome. I want a real bobblehead

Edited by Thepotatomasher, 17 October 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#8 Czardread

• Elite Founder
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

mechwarrior collectibles. not the game miniatures (though they could be sold too). but special edition collectibles like the armored core ones. in greater size and detail, based on the game artwork.

#9 Kurayami

• Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

any form of merchandise from stickers to t-shirts\models etc - many people will buy them even if they never heard of the game itself.
just remember not so distant deus ex hr - store was empty after like 24 hours (i personally have some posters, t-shirt few stickers and a book) or WoT - despite items being total crap (chinese oh so silver keychain in form of ultra deformed panther etc) there are people who bought them.

as for ingame content - anything related to BT lore like canon emblems\hero mech's etc

personally i would buy some models and maybe some prepainted figures (would be nice addition to ARMORED CORE ones)

Edited by Kurayami, 17 October 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#10 Czardread

• Elite Founder
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Also, since there is quite a large ammount of threads complainning about the end of the founder's program, i think it would problably be wise to come up with a new promotional package to appease the newcomers. maybe similar to the founders program bonuses but offering something like exclusive skins and cockpit items instead of "premium" mechs.

or maybe early access to some mechs and variants, like early access to the Jaggermech or Cataphract before they are available to be bought in game.

#11 Rushin Roulette

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Bumperstickers for Mechs;

Writing across the COmmando's backside "When I grow up I will be an Atlas"

Or across the Torso of the Catapult. "My cousin is not mad, he is just special"

#12 Shredhead

• Veteran Founder
  • Phoenix Storm
  • Phoenix Storm
  • 1,167 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

View Postmachine, on 17 October 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Machine's Promotion Ideas:

In-game Dashboard Bobbleheads:
  • Frosty Beer Stein Mug (bobbling beer colored cylinder inside the mug)
  • Urban Mech Bobblehead (frozen legs and arms, barrel shaped outer shell bobbles)
  • "Truck nuts" (no description needed amirite?)
Promotional Partnerships:
  • You already are clued in on gaming peripherials - BUT Razer Artemis (http://www.razorzone.com/artemis) has apparently disappeared. Try checking out this page and getting some BattleTech Flavor on some rudders flight systems and switch pannels! go-go-go! http://www.amazon.co...Inc&node=172282
  • There has to be some Mech-Brew out there.. Where is our promotional IPA (with beer stien mug bobble head code on labels)set us up with your own brew! http://www.punkdog.com/

If there wouldn't have been that typo... really man, check your spelling before claiming bs: http://www.razerzone.com/artemis
As for your PR: How about putting an anti-stress-ball in every trial mech so the newbs can keep their patience :rolleyes:

#13 Ashstomper

• Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationVaries

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

You guys are awesome and do awesome work. PGI and this game is just plain... well... Awesome! :rolleyes: When I roll up behind a mech and see the level of detail, I just get all giggly. Life is good.

#14 Raalic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Field Munitions/Supplies:

Available in the 'Mech Bay or from the home page.
Purchasable with MC, C-Bills, or $
4-5 quality tiers
Each contains random supplies/rewards: Weapons, skins, cockpit/dash items, decals, xp rewards, modules, and rarely random variant chassis. Quality and quantity based on tier.

#15 machine

• Elite Founder
  • 983 posts
  • Locationhere.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostShredhead, on 18 October 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

If there wouldn't have been that typo... really man, check your spelling before claiming bs: http://www.razerzone.com/artemis
As for your PR: How about putting an anti-stress-ball in every trial mech so the newbs can keep their patience :D

Ironically I spelled it correct and the company did not. I didnt count on bad spelling from vendor, sue me. Something you got wrong is that I ever said anything about BS. You could at least throw out a few ideas.

TShirts is great but I wouldnt mind some mech ties to wear to work

#16 Thepotatomasher

• Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostCzardread, on 18 October 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Also, since there is quite a large ammount of threads complainning about the end of the founder's program, i think it would problably be wise to come up with a new promotional package to appease the newcomers. maybe similar to the founders program bonuses but offering something like exclusive skins and cockpit items instead of "premium" mechs.

or maybe early access to some mechs and variants, like early access to the Jaggermech or Cataphract before they are available to be bought in game.

that actually sounds like a good way to get people to buy in that haven't.

#17 Naduk

• Legendary Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 922 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

i would get in touch with league of legends, and work with them to put a skin of yours onto one of there characters
and in turn offer anyone who has purchased that skin a free bobble head or skin for MWO (atlas blitzcrank for example)
a bit of cross pollination never hurt anyone :D

alternate art for existing mechs (akin to the founders)
4 new mechs with new visual ques and perhaps a skin too, sell them in a pack
sell them individually in game too but its cheaper to buy the pack

generic decal packs
akin to nose art perhaps, things we might want on our mechs that dont overlap into the community warfare part of the game (ie no unit logos)

decal competitions , throw it out to the whole gaming community, winners get their stuff chosen for the pack and get the pack for free
use runner up ideas for later/ give them the pack too

pilot suits

gota say the exclusive skin thing is an absolute winner
wont hurt anyone, cant be pay to win, makes people jealous in several years when you cannot get that skin anywhere anymore
(LOL has done this very well, like pax skins for example)

#18 Czardread

• Elite Founder
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostNaduk, on 18 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

pilot suits

pilot customization!? why haven't i tought about that before??? :)

#19 Pinkydinky

• Elite Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Cockpit colour schemes
HUD colour schemes (for those who demand nothing less than pink crosshairs, weapon names in pink etc)
Pilot equipment like neurohelmets that boost/modify/complement pilot and mech tree skills
Decals has been mentioned

And what Raalic said about a 'mystery box' with random goodies and the chance of a ultra rare something something (Star League type stuff) inside. Might want to even call it a Star League cache if you will. (Star League equipment cache, Star League mech cache etc). To address concerns of P2win maybe these caches can cost some MC or quite a lot of Cbills. Somebody help me out here I'm kinda crap at this :)

#20 XphR

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostNighpher, on 17 October 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

• Mech Test Drive Bay: Pay MC and you get a special Mechbay slot that allows you to pick any mech in the lab to "test drive" any standard mech loadout (No customization to prevent item sell off) that is available to purchase with CB. You can switch what mech this is at any time.

I like this Idea but feel it would be more useful as a Simulator Pod mounted into a Mechbay. I would be willing to pay c-bills to launch (solo or with other test piloting lance mates) into simulated combat (vs AI or said lance mates) or test drive areas to experience various terrain / Mech combinations, after all someones got to pay the drop ships fuel bills.

Customization in of Mechs in Sim would need to be necessary to truly benefit and the textures could all be changed to really drive home the difference in Sim and Real Combat. Unless this is going to already be an option for the houses and Merc factions to purchase along the way, in which case Im all for that. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users