TCP Ports

7 replies to this topic

#1 darthJaeger

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Can anyone tell me what ports the servers are using ?

I want to prioritise game traffic on my router.

#2 WaffleswBacon

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

I is disapoint-so thought this was going to be about Office Space

#3 SSShrek

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

tried getting an answer to this to forward the ports and couldnt get one so searched what apps were using what ports and found that it uses different ports every time you start the client, type "netstat -a -no" into cmd window then open task manager and look for the pid of launcher.exe and match it to the pid in cmd window,it will tell you what ports its using, i gave up as the ports just seem to be random!!!!!!

Edited by SSShrek, 20 October 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#4 HSSG MaddogK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Look in the 'guides' forum, also try the search function, thats how I found it. I believe this is current:

Thank you for contacting MechWarrior® Online™ Customer Support. We really appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

MechWarrior Online uses the following port:
TCP 45461
TCP 45464
UDP 21000 to 30000

It is impossible to know which UDP port the game will use, it uses a different one every time a new match is launched.
Note that technically, this shouldn't matter as the server does not make requests from the client, only the other way around.

Edited by HSSG MaddogK, 20 October 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#5 Acid Phreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

this are only the serversite ports !

for an forwarding or tunneling we need the clientsite ports to and this ports are very random.

#6 darthJaeger

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostHSSG MaddogK, on 20 October 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Look in the 'guides' forum, also try the search function, thats how I found it. I believe this is current:

Yep thats about right.
I took some netflow captures during game time and I can confirm dynamic destination ports.
Over the course of a dozen or so matches I had UDP ports in the range of 22446 - 28980 to a single server addy. Looks to be multiplexed via a load balancer (or possibly a cluster of load balancers, who really cares).
Interesting tho, all the sessions had even port numbers, RTP variant perhaps ? That would be nice.

In any case I wont post my router tuning or the server address(es) (its in the router QoS tuning) unless I get the OK from the forum moderators.

I cant see this being Piranha or IGP IP or anything, besides any net engineer - or any Russian kid over the age of 12 for that matter - probably already has this info.

#7 darthJaeger

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostAcid Phreak, on 20 October 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

for an forwarding or tunneling we need the clientsite ports to and this ports are very random.

What do you mean by tunneling ? GRE, IPSec ?

#8 Past0r

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

if u use firewall (like me), we will write not only ports:

real ip for game server is 70.42.29.75 (70.42.29.74 in system.cfg - its logon server)

p.s. UDP 21000 - 30000 r outgoing ports from 70.42.29.75 (incoming for ur ip)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users