401 replies to this topic

#1 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Posted Image

About ]NS[

We began as a small group of competitive and casual gamers playing Multiplayer Battletech in the late 1990’s to 2001 under the unit name of 2nd Night Stalkers. Through the years we’ve played other games bearing the ]NS[ moniker such as Wolfenstein, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Rift, Global Agenda, etc. But our first love has always been the Battletech/Mechwarrior franchise. We’ve picked up new friends and occasionally said goodbye to old ones on the way. In some regard Mechwarrior Online has been a reunion of sorts; reuniting us with old friends lost and joined us together with new friends made.

At the time of writing this Mechwarrior Online will not support player led Faction Units when the game goes Live. However, it has been indicated by the developers that player led Faction Units will be incorporated into the game mechanic in the future. Until such a time, in order to remain a player led Unit, we will have to begin the game as a Mercenary Group only dealing with the DCMS. Once player led Units are allowed we will migrate to that format. Our intention has always been to be a player-led faction unit loyal to the DCMS (Just as the canon Night Stalkers has been.)

Night’s Scorn is a competitive unit and will participate in all tournaments as well as community warfare once implemented. We are currently part of the RHOD - Run Hot or Die Tournament / League - Division 1.

Night’s Scorn Battalions

1st Battalion is comprised of Core NS Command and those that have demonstrated skill and dedication to participate in weekly practices, Community Warfare (when Implemented,) and official Night’s Scorn Operations (Tournaments, Scrimmages, and Demonstration matches.)

The 2nd Battalion is home to our casual players and new recruits. Those that have a serious interest in joining the 1st Battalion should bring this to the attention of a recruitment officer. 2nd battalion Night's Scorn members who wish to be a part of the 1st Battalion will be judged on their candidacy from their general actions, demeanor, and participation levels in practices. 2nd Battalion members are also encouraged to form lances, engage in group drops, take charge, and demonstrate initiative and desire to be part of the Night’s Scorn.

Other

For other units that happen to stumble upon this post we are always looking for sync drop opportunities. Please contact us to set up a date and time. Either contact Promptus/Funbags through the MWOmercs.com forum or post our fun-fights thread here: http://nstalkers.com...ght-fun-fights/

Recruitment

We are currently accepting new applications. Before applying please take the time to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ linked below. In addition, join us on our TeamSpeak server before and during your application process for introductions and drops.

Posted Image

http://nstalkers.com...d-instructions/

General Play Times (when most are on):

9PM CT - 1AM CT
10PM ET - 2AM ET
7PM PT - 12 PT

Links

Night's Scorn FAQ - http://nstalkers.com...ghts-scorn-faq/
Night's Scorn Code Of Conduct - http://nstalkers.com...les-of-conduct/
Apply To Night's Scorn - http://nstalkers.com/apply?do=add
Night's Scorn Forums - http://nstalkers.com/forums/
Night’s Scorn TeamSpeak - http://nstalkers.com...s3-server-info/

TeamSpeak Server Info

Server: ts.nstalkers.com
Port: 9987 (default)
No Password

Beta Video

Edited by Funbags, 05 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#2 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Who the heck are these guys?

#3 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Bump for our fellow warriors! They're some good guys and good fighters.

#4 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Feel free to join our TS!

#5 Sicko

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

You forgot to add that you also get complimentary 1 on 1 time with Funbags when you join.

#6 Stealthsfury

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostSicko, on 25 October 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

You forgot to add that you also get complimentary 1 on 1 time with Funbags when you join.

Should we be promoting this?

#7 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I saw funbags on the ts server but didn't get a chance to play... I know, that sounds so wrong!

-k

#8 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

He does want to hang out in our "Party In My Pants" room

#9 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Great games last night! We're definitely going to be looking at your lance setups and make some adjustments to ours.

#10 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Nice post

#11 balkroth

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

A few of our Leaders are still without power from the effects of Sandy, so there's been a longer delay than usual for applications and fixing other connectivity issues. Hopefully all that will be remedied this week (and for all the other effected regions and people also) and we shall get back to normal :) .

Edited by balkroth, 04 November 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#12 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Still without power as far as I know

#13 IamSparticles

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

I may be interested in joining, but I would like to get a feel for what kind of scheduling you guys do for organized group events. I live on the west coast, and have two small children. So most of my gaming time is limited to ater 8pm PST and weekends. One of the biggest problems I've had with joining gaming groups in the past is they seem to invariably schedule things on weekday evenings, eastern time. Basically, while I'm at work or fixing dinner for my family.

#14 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Man, I feel for you guys when it comes to no power. Last year's ice storm had us without power for a week. Sandy just caused a couple flickers and that's about it. Everything hit well south of here. Good luck in getting things back on track guys. You never realize how much you really need modern conveniences like electricity until you're forced to go without it.

-k

#15 phAde

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostIamSparticles, on 07 November 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

I may be interested in joining, but I would like to get a feel for what kind of scheduling you guys do for organized group events. I live on the west coast, and have two small children. So most of my gaming time is limited to ater 8pm PST and weekends. One of the biggest problems I've had with joining gaming groups in the past is they seem to invariably schedule things on weekday evenings, eastern time. Basically, while I'm at work or fixing dinner for my family.

Hi Sparticles,

As far as scheduling goes for organized events, it is usually the same as our general play times (for scrimmages, tournaments, etc, we generally try to work within this time frame). However, presence is not mandatory when you are in the 2nd Battalion (casuals/new recruits).

9PM CT - 1AM CT
10PM ET - 2AM ET
7PM PT - 12 PT

Activity is a bit low at this time as we are currently recruiting (obviously) and due to the incidents on the east coast. But please feel free to stop by our forums and team speak server to say what's up.

#16 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Still lookin' for new blood and good pilots interested in joinging a merc company.

#17 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Looks like everybody's finally got their power back on... at least as far as NS goes.

#18 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

These guys rock!

#19 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras