#41 Rusted Knight

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 44 posts
  • LocationScappoose

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

Dune Starpast
Rusted Knight (some times with a _ in the middle)

#42 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostLogan Winters, on 29 March 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

but I'm just making sure that you know .308 and 7.62x51 are the same thing.

Hey Logan,

Well first, the question was, and I could have been more precise in my asking, "Of the many semi-auto rifles chambered in either .308 or 7.62, which rifle do you like for long range?" (FAL, M1A/M14, LR-308 etc...)

That being said, the civilian .308 and the Nato 7.62 are very similar mostly interchangeable but most definitely not the same thing. The NATO round has a much thicker case wall. Also the shoulder of the case is shaped a little different. When a .308 is in a rifle chambered for a 7.62, there is a very small gap in the shoulder that the case has to expand into when fired. So basically, yeah they're interchangeable, though some rifles may run into extraction problems, and if you're using reloaded ammo, you're more likely to have cases split on you if you switch .308 cases between the .308 and 7.62 chambers.

Here's a couple articles
http://www.thegunzone.com/30cal.html
http://www.303british.com/id36.html

Anyhow, you got a favorite.308/7.62? I'm shopping and leaning towards a Springfield M1A.

#43 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Finally some peeps who know a little about guns, actual guns. Anyhow five by five, what would you consider your most favorite gun that you own, and what gun you would like most to get.

#44 Folken76

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

- Sadao
- JCM
- Dragon76
- Folken76 (until now)

#45 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Let's see

- The Gunslinger (until I was like 17)
- Havoc CD (until I was like 19)
- OverKill (until a couple of years ago)
- Mason Grimm (just for MWO and MW/BTech related stuff)

#46 Dnarvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, B.C.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Most games I go by Dnarvel ("D" or "Narv" for short)
Also used Psyche alot in CoD games.

#47 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

View Postfive by five, on 30 March 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Hey Logan,

Well first, the question was, and I could have been more precise in my asking, "Of the many semi-auto rifles chambered in either .308 or 7.62, which rifle do you like for long range?" (FAL, M1A/M14, LR-308 etc...)

That being said, the civilian .308 and the Nato 7.62 are very similar mostly interchangeable but most definitely not the same thing. The NATO round has a much thicker case wall. Also the shoulder of the case is shaped a little different. When a .308 is in a rifle chambered for a 7.62, there is a very small gap in the shoulder that the case has to expand into when fired. So basically, yeah they're interchangeable, though some rifles may run into extraction problems, and if you're using reloaded ammo, you're more likely to have cases split on you if you switch .308 cases between the .308 and 7.62 chambers.

Here's a couple articles
http://www.thegunzone.com/30cal.html
http://www.303british.com/id36.html

Anyhow, you got a favorite.308/7.62? I'm shopping and leaning towards a Springfield M1A.

Any how first call sign was "Hawk" yes with the quotes

#48 Evedro Solais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Oh god... well my first call sign was Genjin. But I also used that as my club nickname in high school and it was too close to a friend's nick so I changed to Sarren Kiri... then I played Mass Effect and that **** wouldn't fly so I changed it to S.K. Ren. I still use this but for the new Mechwarrior game I wanted something special so I dug into my old RPG characters and pulled out Evedro Solais, 64yr old retired Master Chief of the 3rd Exploratory Division of the EDF. May this name continue the tradition of honor and glory.

#49 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Sphinx but damn is it hard to land so sometimes I make it Ltsphinx. Sarriss is actually my best friend's call sign but I steal it for a lot of F2P stuff because he'll never do it. There's something about quick, one word names that I find effective, so I try to keep it like that.

#50 CrashDown12b

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWashington State. USA.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

My first was Virus in MW2 and DF2. Then Socom came out and I was Warlord, witch I used for all kinds of other games including MW3-4. Then changed my calls-sign to Crash or CrashDown.

#51 MKL

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

MKL is actually my first. My most used has been Moth, but I didn't get to it in time.

#52 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

View Postguardian wolf, on 30 March 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Finally some peeps who know a little about guns, actual guns. Anyhow five by five, what would you consider your most favorite gun that you own, and what gun you would like most to get.

Aww, I've sidetracked on this thread too much already,...

But I have my Dad's great uncle's 1911 Colt 45 from 1923 that he carrier in the artillery corps, that's my favorite. Most wanted, aw, that changes with my mood, but if I was just wishing ..., cost, regulations, maintenance, and room to shoot it not being a factor, maybe a Ma-Duce :-)

Edited by five by five, 30 March 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#53 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Same as it is today... :D

#54 Ghostrider45

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationThibodaux La, 70301

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Back in the Pod days I used Mech45!!!

#55 Fomorian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 267 posts
  • LocationAshburn Virginia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Back in the Old GEnie MPBT days I went by Ender Wiggens then just Ender. In most games ie CoD and the like I go by CHEF. But for MWO it's Balor

#56 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

My first MW pilot name was in about 1998 when I played MW2 as Austerlund Yuri. I was a lone wolf for a while until I joined a Heavy Gear clan, the Dark Demons, and change my name to DD-Tenebrion (we all chose demon names from a list). I liked that name so I continued to go by Tenebrion in MW3 and Tribes. When I started playing MW4 though in about 2001 I took the name LakeDaemon. I’ve used that name ever since.

#57 Tronchaser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

<-- This one since '91.

#58 steelwraith

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

That would be Wraith... then I went online and discovered how many people were using the same name, so I added Steel to it. :D

#59 DrHat

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationDenmark, capital area

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

icesickle - I still think thats a pretty clever name for a 14 year old from Denmark whos native language isn't English.

This was my callsign and nickname online around 1997.

Later it was stupid things like subzero, devastator (misspelled I know), Huron Blackheart, Noctem, DrDopehat and finally DrHat..28 years old and DrHat is the best I could come up with. meh :|

#60 Blackbird7

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Locationus

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Blackbird

I owned a black thunderbird and that was my plate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users