50 replies to this topic

#41 Snakefang

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I don't think I've ever stopped playing Battletech CCG since its release. But the gaming sessions have been yearly. I'm trying to organize regular sessions with my old buddies who still have their decks and some cards, but well, we live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. :ph34r:

It's my favorite card game. Way back in the good old times me and my friends we shared a pool of cards so that everyone could build strong decks. We've even organized a tournament, won by a rogue and cheap unnafiliated inner sphere deck full of cheap mechs. Quantity over quality.

I still have my Ghost Bear deck (missiles, missiles, missiles, but I love the GB theme), my Rasalhague deck (C³ mechs holding the lines while I scrap my opponents hand with "Airstrikes Close to Home" and build a nasty "Saturation Bombing" pumped by "Staging Ground") and a Marik deck which abuses use of mission cards to make the game more interesting. :(

A couple of years ago I've found local gaming stores selling boosters and deck boxes really cheap and wiped their shelves, but my old card pool and binder are lost. Someone in our players group became in charge of it and either lost it or stole it. :lol:

#42 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

So beautiful. Brings tears to mine eyes.

I can't currently find my cards, but I still have them. Those cards are what made me fall in love with the Stalker. The cards were really cool. Too bad I didn't feel the real game play was as cool.

#43 Esrik

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Sorry to be bumping such an old thread but with Dragon Con in Atlanta coming up... Does anyone in the Atlanta area or going to be in the Atlanta area want a free opened box of Battletech counterstrike boosters? Never played, don't have the local friends or time to get into it with a limited supply.

#44 Garet Jax

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

My brother and I recently found our cards as well. Does anyone have a copy of the rules lying around, perchance? We haven't played in so long we cannot remember exactly how everything is supposed to go.

#45 Sargon X

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 51 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostGaret Jax, on 23 February 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

My brother and I recently found our cards as well. Does anyone have a copy of the rules lying around, perchance? We haven't played in so long we cannot remember exactly how everything is supposed to go.

I just found my cards in my parents' basement. I didn't have a lot, but enough to play with. Now if only I could find someone in the Chicago area to play against! Here is a link to the rulebooks.

http://www.sarna.net...docs/rules/ccg/

#46 Dolgfer Roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:20 AM

Unboxing some Bosster and Booster Posted Image

#47 Dolgfer Roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:30 AM

Keeping it alive ^^

#48 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

I love this game.

I think it (and maybe the Succession Wars board game) is the best representation of the Battletech universe of any product. It's fun gives you so many options, really bringing out the political aspects of the houses and clans with strengths and weaknesses of each.

There used to be an active e-mail group for the game on Yahoo but it's died down over the years. I would love to find an online version or a group to play with.

#49 ggodo

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

I love this game! Keep this thread and game alive!

#50 Shockwave2

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEscanaba, Michigan USA

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

I dug my box out of Battletech cards out here not to long ago, and as i was flipping through the cards i was remembering my days when i played this in the commons in high school when i was 16! God, I wish Wizards of the Coast would reboot this CCG in partnership with MWO!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users