Just sorted my Battletech CCG stuff

50 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I discovered my old Battletech cards about a month and a half ago in a 1 gallon plastic bag much to my surprise since I had thought I lost them about 3 moves ago. Well I found so old plastic card sheets and decided to take the morning and take stock of what I have. Heres a pic of my efforts after all was said and done, I believe I have around 400 cards (many dupes which are stacked at the moment) I also found a rulebook, mini rulbook and quick reference card plus the original black and red die!

Mechs (bottom row is Clans top 2 are IS)
Posted Image

All non mech cards pilots are in the middle.
Posted Image

#2 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

I loved playing this game; I have a three-ringed binder chock full of these cards, but everyone I try to play the game with calls it boring, or too difficult, and won't spend any time playing it. I have a complete Mercenary deck, and then I had enough Clan cards to build effective Smoke Jaguar and Wolf decks, and I loved playing all three decks, but no one else in the Colorado Springs/Fountain area plays.

#3 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Impressive! Looks like they stayed in great shape too, after all these years.

I share your sentiment, as I discovered some old data discs from 10 years ago, that I had thought had burned in a house fire. Lots of old pics, sigs, banners, and even a database of a League's Roster! Bet you enjoyed reminiscing over each and every card as you sorted.

Posted Image

#4 Gauss

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

I use to play this with a bunch of people who were stationed at the local Air Force Base where I lived. They moved and I haven't been able to find anyone local to play with in a long time. I still have a bunch of decks set up. I miss playing that game.... Wish we could get an electronic version of it like we do for Magic (Don't play that one, so don't ask, lol).

#5 brayn21

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hey guys. I'm new to the forums, but an old timer with relation to the Battletech CCG. I got into it when the black bordered version first came out and collected until Arsenal. I also found my collection again in 2012 and I'm looking to get local friends to play with me (SF bay area).

Does anyone on here have a reliable place they buy cards from, or maybe have a big lot of cards they are willing to sell? I'm trying to build up a large quantity of cards for new players to choose from. Let me know if anyone has anything they are willing to part with.

Oh, and as a fun fact: back when I first started playing my favorite card was the Yen-Lo Wang mech that belonged to Kai Allard Liao. This was the first rare mech I got and it's always been a favorite. Unfortunately, my only copy was lost somewhere along the path of adult life. Do any of you have favorite cards or combos when you play? I always enjoy hearing everyone else's strategies or favorite cards.

Brian

#6 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

I have all the sets that were released in full,except a few cards form the original black bordered set which was a pain in the you know what to get hold of. never could find a Kai Allard from the prime set. I think there wer a few others .All expansions though no problem.

Edited by Blane, 02 April 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#7 brayn21

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Blaine,

That's pretty sweet! When this game came out I was in high school and didn't have the cash to go totally nuts collecting. I know what you mean about not getting certain cards from the black ordered set. The only Kai I ever got myself was the green bordered version. I did stumble across an odd ebay auction one time where the guy sold me 10 Elite Mechwarrior cards (half black bordered) for dirt cheap.

Do you have lots of extra cards you don't need for your collection? I never got any cards from Crusade or the Commander's Edition but I'd LOVE to buy some extras if you have 'em. Let me know if you have anything you're will to sell. Having complete collection is really awesome. I tip my hat to you.

B

#8 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I picked up several pre-made 60-card decks for about £1 each at a wargames convention a few years ago. Stripped out the cards I wanted & merged the rest into Inner Sphere & Clan piles, which I then sold at the same convention the following year. Keep an eye on the Bring & Buy stands at wargames events; you never know what you'll find. :)

#9 SirWilliam85

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB, Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I know a couple of people my friends are all liking the game and I am trying to build up my collection of cards. Anyone willing to part with some cards, for a price obviously, let me know. Barely got into it before it stop being made, only got about 200 cards

#10 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

I found my Clan Wolf deck the other day! It mostly uses cards from the original limited edition, I think (I got the majority of the cards in trades with my mates).

I haven't played in at least 15 years.

#11 AlanEsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

I have ... maybe 300-400 of these cards. My kids and I have played it (without a lot of the special non-mech cards) and enjoyed it. They're getting old enough we could probably dust it off and play with all types of cards.

I don't know if anything I have is worth much -- bought it all from ebay lots a few years ago, cheap.

#12 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I use to have a billion of these cards when it came out when I was in 8th grade, still had a lot of my specialized decks as well as an unopened box of unlimited edition starters. I picked up a security job during 2010 and so I opened the box of unlimited starters, we'd play blind decks in between shifts, it was a lot of fun.

#13 Iyosin

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationBradenton, Florida

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

I've still got ~2500 cards sitting at my parents place. They've been in storage there with the rest of my BattleTech stuff since 2002. Anyone know if they have an program/online version available somewhere?

#14 Inappropriate359

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

It would be nice if Catalyst did some sort of tie-in with mwo with a renewed edition of the ccg. I missed it the first time around (playing mtg at the time). Keep the rules and cards, maybe update the card art.

#15 Satchmo74

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCovina, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

I used to play this with my Army buddies 15 years ago, still have all my cards. If anyone in the Los Angeles area would like to get together for a game let me know!

#16 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

We could get a Web Cam league going.

#17 Six6VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostVincent Vascaul, on 31 March 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

I discovered my old Battletech cards about a month and a half ago in a 1 gallon plastic bag much to my surprise since I had thought I lost them about 3 moves ago. Well I found so old plastic card sheets and decided to take the morning and take stock of what I have. Heres a pic of my efforts after all was said and done, I believe I have around 400 cards (many dupes which are stacked at the moment) I also found a rulebook, mini rulbook and quick reference card plus the original black and red die!

Very Nice

I loved that game, but was always difficult finding people to play when I lived in Pensacola, Florida.

I still have my collection in 3 large binders, but still need some cards from the last 2 sets (Arsenal and Crusade) and I only have some cards from the Commander's Edition. Cards from Unlimited, Counterstrike, Mercenaries, and Mechwarrior consist of 5 of every command, mission, etc, 7 of every mech, and 2-3 of every Unique card. I can't remember if I ever got the DCI card 'Double Overtime'

If I ever get them out of the attic, I'll throw a picture or two up here.

Edited by Six6VI, 03 May 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#18 Satchmo74

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCovina, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostVincent Vascaul, on 02 May 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

We could get a Web Cam league going.

That would be fun. Playing without ever having to leave the house!

#19 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yea That Be Cool. I'm still trying to track down more cards. I got 4 Booster Boxes and a dozen boosters from Commander's Wasn't sure About Unlimited set as no one seems to want them. Was there anything cool in the MechWarrior Crusade set? Anyone have any leads on Stores that might have Cards laying around in SoCal?

#20 Satchmo74

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCovina, CA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 24 May 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Yea That Be Cool. I'm still trying to track down more cards. I got 4 Booster Boxes and a dozen boosters from Commander's Wasn't sure About Unlimited set as no one seems to want them. Was there anything cool in the MechWarrior Crusade set? Anyone have any leads on Stores that might have Cards laying around in SoCal?

I asked the owner of Game Empire in Pasadena last time i was there, i know they don't (awesome store though). Best bet at this point might be Ebay. Could also check at this which is coming up this weekend, i have never been though- http://www.strategicon.net/

You live close to me, i am in Covina, if you ever want to get a game going, let me know!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users