23 replies to this topic

#1 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Welcome Mechwarrior(s),

here is what you have to do to take part in the Open beta starting today 29.10.2012:

1.) Create your profile and account on this page. Upper right corner of the screen (profile) is what your looking for.

2.) Fill out the BETA procedure, if this is still asked of you, this would take around 3 minutes, yes you have to give your system specs. All this is very self explaining.

Once you have done this, you will NOT be able to do anything yet. Your account should still show PENDING.

Dont worry, all you need now is patience.

13:00 PST (Californian time US Westcoast) the server(s) will get back up. Please note that this time MIGHT get posponed, patchdays are allways chaotic. Note that this is a great day for everyone, from devs to open beta players, we all have been waiting for you since you heard of this game. (This gives us 20:00 UK-London time and 21:00 Paris, Berlin time).

Expect to have a bad line, the download is coming from the USA and everyone will have to download. Again - patience is your best friend here.

Once this is done, you can start MW:O and enjoy it to the core. take your time, look around and give EVERY TRIAL MECH a chance in more then one game (is my personal tipp to you).

TIME ZONE CONVERTER : http://www.timeandda.../converter.html
________________________-
Tactical Tipp of the day: When smal mechs are on you, keep calm, stay relaxed and get the back of your mech to a wall - nothing much he can do now, and that way you can at least fire back.

Edited by Cole Allard, 29 October 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#2 Tokra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

maybe you should add this link as well.
http://wwp.greenwich...a/pacific-time/

Because there will be questions about it.

#3 Krizzen

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Thank you very much! This answered all the questions I was about to ask!

The last time I seriously played MechWarrior was Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries. I can't wait to dive back in!

Edited by Krizzen, 29 October 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#4 Dephorm

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Cheers, thanks for the clarification. Also the european times were very helpful.

#5 Lucious Degarr

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

I also recommend very new players to take a look at this beginner tutorial vid under the "media" section of this site before playing the first time :wub: It will sure help you out and answer some questions before you even know you will ask them^^ (and i'm pretty sure you will have some questions when not viewing this tutorial) Long term short... here's the link:

http://mwomercs.com/...deo/mmtt6XiC3rA

Have fun and enjoy the open beta folks :wub:

regards
Lucious

Edited by Lucious Degarr, 29 October 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#6 Marineballer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 470 posts
  • LocationMünchen, Deutschland

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Danke.
Ich glaub viele in der Community versuchen es den neuen Spielern so einfach wie möglich zu machen ins Spiel zu starten.
Ich hoffe, dass nicht gleich deren ganze Server abrauschen und wir nen Tag Downtime haben....

Keine Resets mehr, die Woche gibt es wenig schlaf :wub:

Grüße an alle!

Marineballer CO 2nd company -Storm Eagles- 12th Donegal Guards

#7 SHORTZ

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

what time pacific time is the open beta supposed to go ahead? coz im in melbourne, australia and it is currently 12:53am here and i was wondering how long i can expect to wait for everything to go ahead...

Just coz i dont wanna waste time playing on the closed beta when everything will be reset in a little while anyway

Edited by SHORTZ, 29 October 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#8 Denim Dan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

View PostSHORTZ, on 29 October 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

what time pacific time is the open beta supposed to go ahead? coz im in melbourne, australia and it is currently 12:53am here and i was wondering how long i can expect to wait for everything to go ahead...

Just coz i dont wanna waste time playing on the closed beta when everything will be reset in a little while anyway

If you look at the time stamp of your post you'll see what time it is in PT. Looks like you're 6 hours behind PT. So when the servers come up at 12-1PM PT it'll be 6-7AM for you.

#9 SHORTZ

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

okay sweet i just wasnt sure exactly what time PT they were gonna have the servers up, whether it was 9am or like 12pm. so thanks for that. honestly i think they shoulda put a countdown timer on the site somewhere, it woulda been really helpful. Guess ill head in for the night then and see you lads in the morning (for me)

and yeah im in front, because the 29th was yesterday for me :wub:

Edited by SHORTZ, 29 October 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#10 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostSHORTZ, on 29 October 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

okay sweet i just wasnt sure exactly what time PT they were gonna have the servers up, whether it was 9am or like 12pm. so thanks for that. honestly i think they shoulda put a countdown timer on the site somewhere, it woulda been really helpful. Guess ill head in for the night then and see you lads in the morning (for me)

and yeah im in front, because the 29th was yesterday for me :wub:

Hey Shortz,

please remember this is a closed beta becoming an open beta. In the coming days you will find a lot of stuff that you think could be done better, and thats the way it should be! Give every feedback you can, a releasetimer is awesome...for the final release maybe.

Keep in mind, the guys at Piranha have a whole patch to manager, hundreds of clients that will need to be handled and hundreds of new players. So my tipp would be: what ever you can do to help yourself, do it! Do not count on any official help today. They will listen, but they have just two hands.

EDIT TO OP : TIMEZONE CONVERTER LINK

Edited by Cole Allard, 29 October 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#11 Mydgard

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

PLEASE PLEASE to all the new players around: When you start your first or second round with a trial mech,

PLEASE PLEASE don't munch your mouse buttons at the start and shoot all your weapons in the back of your Team Mates!!!

Really hate that!!!

#12 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostMydgard, on 29 October 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

PLEASE PLEASE to all the new players around: When you start your first or second round with a trial mech,

PLEASE PLEASE don't munch your mouse buttons at the start and shoot all your weapons in the back of your Team Mates!!!

Really hate that!!!

You see?

Even the older players have respect before the tide of new players coming in.

What he means is: When you enter a game, all other Battlemechs of your team will start close to you...no, you dont wanna practice your aim on them. Keep your finger of the trigger until something RED comes your way...

Blue = dont shoot
Red = have fun

Edited by Cole Allard, 29 October 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#13 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Also

R KEY

That is all

#14 Tokra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostSHORTZ, on 29 October 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

Why do you think i posted the link :(.

Click on it and see what time it is in PST.

#15 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostVandul, on 29 October 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Also

R KEY

That is all

I'd like to use my own thread...that hopefully a lot of people do and will read to wish all you US East Coasters (like Vandul)
the best of luck on the coming hours/days with "Sandy" closing in on you.

We might sit on the other end of the world, but thats not so far away anymore as everyone might think, I am with you!

#16 Wueste

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Anstrengend zu lesen^^ weiss einer wann es in europäischer Zeit startet?

#17 Tokra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostWueste, on 29 October 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Anstrengend zu lesen^^ weiss einer wann es in europäischer Zeit startet?

You are kidding me.....

#18 Dschango

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

thx for this info :( achso wüste steht doch da berlin = 21:00 :D

#19 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

Ich geb mir so eine Mühe alles aufzuschreiben...

...alleine dafür sollte ich 23:00 schreiben, nur für dich :(

Nein, Scherz bei Seite...mach deinen Rechner gegen 21:00 Uhr an, und bring VIEL Geduld mit.

------

I just said to Wueste, to turn on his PC around 21:00 European time.

#20 Dschango

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

man kanns kaum erwarten :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users