Ask The Devs 23!

182 replies to this topic

#21 Gen Kumon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Are you planning to look into balancing some of the basically unused weapons, such as flamers and machineguns in the near future?

Also, client/server desync seems to be a major issue that keeps popping up every other patch or so. Are you guys close to a solution on this?

#22 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Will registered player units be able to submit their own camo schemes?

#23 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Could we expect something special after the Cataphract? I ask, because there is no announcement for a mech after it.

Will there be more information on the cockpit screens? Will they be exchangeable, if we get more informations on them? (for example: more detailed damage informations as in the HUD, critical hits on systems, rear view camera, tactical map, installed module... - something like this)

#24 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postdal10, on 29 October 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

This is based on a conversation I started in the clans section, that unexpectedly (at least to me) turned into a mini-flame war. Would there be any plans to limit the number of people who can claim bloodnames to 25? for example there are currently 218 prydes. It just seems to me that from an RP and lore standpoint it would make sense to try and limit the number of people with bloodnames.

"unexpectedly"

:)

#25 Digital Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

You guys never pick good questions, but it can't hurt to try anyway.

When will we have joystick support?

Do you plan to offer compensation to players who bought placeholder items with real money, such as the BEAGLE on one of the raven variants for example?

Any plans to fix the NARC?

When can we expect changes to the machine gun and flame thrower?

#26 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Are yall planning to let use use a button to open the missle doors on mechs like the centurion and catapult?

#27 Bodach

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCentral Time Zone, USA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Will Artemis be a module or will it be implemented some other way?

#28 aglarang

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationBuckminster

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Are we ever going to be able to change the founders mech we chose with the middle option? There was a bug in the purchasing program. If you went through and chose a mech, it remained chosen even if you canceled later to rechoose the mech. So, you were/are stuck with the choice even if you did not want it and was just looking at the process.

#29 Cochise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

When will the maps have different effects on heat? I know Caustic Valley does now, but what about the others?

#30 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Will the arrow IV be implemented?

#31 Diewell

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

With Open beta on the go and more people putting up posts for the same issues closed beta people posted. Will you fix the current issues while working towards the release of the meta content or marching forward and let MWO fly by the seat of its pants??

#32 Lon3Wo1f

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

When will we have a working fullscreen windowed (aka borderless windowed mode) option ? Without that anyone running Windows 7 is left with the option of either playing with some of the screen missing or playing fullscreen. Personally I prefer all my games to be fullscreened in a borderless window so I can check music, websites, IMs etc if I'm waiting for the map to load or a round to end. The Mech Lab always reverting to windowed mode is massively annoying as well.

#33 TyGeR STD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 245 posts
  • LocationGa

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

has PGI thought of hosting their own TS server for MWO? Or are yall only looking to support unofficial servers like NGNG?

#34 Brandiment

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Do you plan to put the Stalker in the game and if so will it be a true support mech for Atlas's

#35 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

• Is ECM planned to be able to do cool active stuff like Ghost Targets, or just negate NARC and mess with targeting?
  • Are there any plans to further balance the effects of the NARC Beacon vs TAG, which currently performs better for less weight?
  • Are there any plans to adjust the heat or damage produced by the PPC and ERPPC to make them a better option relative to Large/ERLarge Lasers and the Gauss Rifle?
  • What function is the Command Console going to have?
  • As it stands, the Battlegrid isn't terribly useful in combat as opposed to just typing out map coordinates and instructions in team chat. What plans do you have to expand its functionality?
  • Is ramming/charging damage planned to apply equally to both 'mechs, or as a function of mass and movement speed (as per TT)?
  • What tools are planned for merc corps to be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops function? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?)
  • Is there any chance of the CN9-AH variant coming back in future, especially given the number of people upset by it's removal in the latest patch?

#36 Virisken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postskarrd, on 29 October 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Will the arrow IV be implemented?

wanted to ask that too :)

- When you think of mwo in about 6months. how many mechs/maps will be there (whats your goal) ?

- i noticed that you have already added some "music" on river city (there are about 4-5 different silent tunes in a loop). will you add some real music to the maps and will the maps have different themes, which fit to that map?

Edited by Virisken, 29 October 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#37 Kaox Veed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Will we get a 1G variant of the Dragon so that we can make Grand Dragon setups? In canon the Grand Dragon is more heavily produced than the original Dragon starting in 3040. Thanks!

#38 Mechanix460xvr

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey Garth,

#39 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Will the clans be able to field Elementals?
(and, later, the IS be able to field their Versions of them)

#40 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Would you guys ever consider adding mech like the Panther, Wolfhound, Assassin, Grasshopper and or Longbow? And if so... which of these mech would you most want to see in the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users